1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It doesn't take long to get the team back on track

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe... but we also found out it takes more than 1 year for Austin to learn the offense.

HACK

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Get use to it or Ignore the user. Just know it’s not going away until he’s gone.

3. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Precisely!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Good ole hands of stone, I think IKE needed his entire body covered in stick-em to ever get an INT. He missed so many it used to kill me and my bro. And in the rare instance he did, he always seemed to have this look of astonishment on his face.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct

no way back to winning ways with tomlin at the helm.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    and this is highly unlikely, with our (lack of) leadership.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh geez, someone is gunning for most negative board member title.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Munchak may not want to come back full time, but we should drive up in a Brinks truck with an offer for him to be a consultant. Task him to go out and find the best value O-linemen that will fit in our scheme. This includes high draft picks and undrafted FA. Here’s a coach that saw something in Beachum, Foster, Finney, Hubbard and AV. All of whom were either late round or undrafted and all made more contributions than anyone we have on the current roster

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Saints have one of the best homefield advantages in the league, and Payton had a HoF QB in Brees they underachieved, the NFC wasn't even that strong they didn't have to deal with a dominant team like New England in their conference either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Sutton will be a free agent after the season, if you want a stud CB in free agency you better be prepared to pay big money, the Chargers paid Jackson 80 million this past offseason. I would settle for a Haden type of CB in free agency.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You guys are like a broken record, we know what the playoff record is, that new HC of the Eagles wouldn't be winning big without the front office good decisions.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    New GM, and asst GM maybe they can do a better job of drafting CBs, they also got rid of some of the guys in their scouting dept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I know they need more than that, they aren't going to fill all of their needs in the draft, they will have to be aggressive in FA to fill some holes. They don't have a fifth or sixth round pick in 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So what, the front page is full of Tomlin threads he can go post there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I didn't know that. It looks like he will be testing Free agency. Another keeper will be gone.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They probably need to re-sign him, Witherspoon won't be back in 2023 IMO, Wallace and Pierre are average.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I’d be targeting a stud CB early if the board falls that way.

I would love a cocky shut down corner with a big mouth who could shadow teams WR1 and disrupt their game. For as long as I can remember teams have been able to match up their weapons as they will without any worry as we have nobody who gives them any reason to rethink what they’re doing

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No sh!t Sherlock. Put all the talent you want on the field with crappy coaching and see what you get. You get, well, the steelers. To say that the Eagles success is solely due to the FO is the stupidest sh!t you've ever posted and that's saying a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH that hasn't worked all that great either. 30 year old and always injured Marcus Peters and 30 year old Bradberry are about the cream of the FA crop. You good with shelling out 15+ million a year and hoping it works out? We have to hope for a Joe Haden situation there and get a solid guy for 3-4 years. TBH if we go the FA route, we will more than likely continue to lack a true #1 corner. And if we are ok with that, then that's fine... but if we have a top 10 pick and pass on a sick corner because we don't like how we draft CB's then we are dumb.

We have not drafted CB this early before. Look at Patrick Surtain II or Sauce Gardner. That changes the team big time. Burns was a late 1 and a bust, I wont let some misses in the second round and one late first deter us from taking one in the top 10. If the right guy is there, we better take him. We can pay OL in FA too.

• Like Like x 1
  22. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, outside of New England with Brady and Belecheat all other teams with HOF QB’s underachieved. Saints, Colts, Packers and even us… We should have won at least one more during the Killer B’s era. I’m still broken after losing to Bortals and the Jags. Don’t get me started on Tebow.

Again, Payton is certainly no worse than Tomlin and even if it were a coaching talent wash between the two for something that’s even, because Tomlin will never a group of first round draft pics that Peyton would have if my wildly UNrealistic trade ever went down. It’s basically a no brainer.

Thanks for the good times, but adios MIKE

23. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I think we have a new leader of the Mikey T Fan Club. He’s hanging on by a thread at this point the club is dwindling by the second.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I agree with this. There is no comparison with other positions in terms of value add for this team if they can hit on a top CB or LT, and the best ones in the league tend to be picked in the top half of the first round of the draft. I’d include pass rush but they already have TJ, and Highsmith looks decent as well. That’s a position of strength if they are healthy.

Yea they have missed on some corners over the years but what team hasn’t? Have a look at the top 10 corners in the league on any of the media sites, they are nearly all high first rounders. That’s not a coincidence. The Steelers have never really had the draft position to get a really top prospect until now (assuming they don’t rally in the second half of 2022).

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our picks have to be precise, and these players picked have to produce.
    FA's also.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1