1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals losing last night…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 1, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    To the Browns and dropping to 4-4 even though it’s still a long shot and I’m probably grasping at straws here I think it still left the door somewhat open for the Steelers to at least have a shot to climb back in the division race after the bye based on their schedule. I will really feel this is the case if the Saints beat the Ravens in New Orleans next Monday. Because if that happens it would drop the Ravens to 5-4 and assuming the Bengals beat Carolina Sunday and are also 5-4 if the Steelers beat the Saints and get to 3-6 you get back to 2 games out with a home game against the Bengals the following week and some winnable games after that.

So we’ll see what happens moving forward here but I wanna see what happens in both the Ravens Saints game next Monday night and the Steelers Saints game the following week before I really proclaim this season officially done. I won’t be able to say or think this season is over if the Steelers are only 2 games back with 8 games still to play and 3 games left still to play against the Bengals and Ravens combined.

• Hilarious x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If I am dying in the hospital and the Doctor comes in says he has a 2% chance for him to make it through the night. I want you in my corner.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Was thinking something similar upon reading the post. I see 0 way this team sniffs 8 wins. I'll still watch and root for wins as I despise tanking for next year when there is no guarantee they are good in any future years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I watched the first half and couldn’t help but think Cincy’s O without Chase looks a lot like the Steelers O. Lots of short passes and unsuccessful runs with no deep shots down the field.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Love the optimism @steel_ben7 but those straws you’re grasping are long enough to reach a drink from another zip code. We’d realistically need to go 7-2 to have a slight chance. It’s not mathematically impossible, but the product we’re seeing on the field says otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just stop it with these posts lmao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So what games out of the next 9 games are you calling for the steelers to win? We won't be favored in any of them and for it to matter, steelers would need to finish 7-2 the second half of the season. If you think that is even remotely a possibility, then you are putting Glenn's optimism to shame. I dont see the Steelers winning another division game and the chubb and hunt are going to boat race this sorry run defense.

9. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    At the very best the Steelers will finish 7-10, and all that would do is hurt their draft position. Plus, that would probably be enough to save Canada's job, so I'm half hoping they finish 3-14.

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    cocaine must help with the optimism.

Cicny is lost without Chase.....

Browns lined up and played smashmouth. That USED to be Steelers football, Tomlin took it out of them.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sure it’s a Hail Mary but as a die hard Steelers fan I’m still going to cling to whatever hope we can muster and Cinci served some up for us last night.

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Do you think we can beat the Chiefs or Bills?

No. Okay, we need to stop winning pointless games. We need #2-3 pick. There’s two franchise QBs coming in the draft. That gives us the opportunity to trade back and retool.

I’m over making the playoffs to go one and done. We need to think big picture here.

13. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Ravens are going to win their next 5 or 6 games easy. No chance in hell!

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Can’t see the Steelers going on any sort of sustained run with this offence. They can’t score points and don’t have the experience to eek out wins in close games.

A down year may not be the worst thing, grab a franchise LT hopefully in the next draft, get a real OC and take it from there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm not sure the Steelers are anywhere nearly good to take advantage of this, but yeah, Cincy is in big trouble now. Three division losses already is a killer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This is the regular season. These guys are well paid professional player. which games, exactly, are pointless?
    No matter what position we pick in, Schleprocks like you will find fault with whoever the pick is.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If the doctor says you are lying at deaths door I promise to help to pull you through

Obviously in the right direction just clarifying

Signed Joe Black

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Further proof of why you are not GM

More of a BM

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They ( Cincy) is going to get their savior killed.

20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Ravens are going to be a solid #3 seed in the AFC behind the Bills and Chiefs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They could be favored over the rest of the teams they play from the NFC South, Tampa Bay was a double digit favorite over the Steelers and lost.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

J/K

23. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    I'm with you

Want to see Canada gone n off start progressing. Team needs entire new off staff n new ACTUAL DC next year n