1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DJ18Baller, Sep 5, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin already said Pickett

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sims... Out

I hope the Benching and watching Sims last week will light a fire under Gunner and help him to return to his All-Pro form this week in Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Tomlin said he was going with Pickett. I would go with Mitch and see how he plays.. There is a lot of season left and supposedly Tomlin wasn't gonna play Pickett as early as he has :shrug:

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You can't argue the actual topic, so you go for the personal attack. You made a fool of yourself with Ogunjobi and you are making a fool of yourself with Austin. Perhaps you should try not posting from ignorance next time. It will be less embarrassing for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett is going to play. You don't bench your starter because your backup came into a game and put together two good drives.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he has lacked fire. I think he has lacked the ability to hold on to the football.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Funny thing about Sims is as soon as I bad mouthed him during the game he started making plays, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Made a fool of myself because I didn’t think Ogunjobi would be ready to start the season? I said I was wrong about that as he has played all year.

I also said Austin is too small to hold up to the rigors of the NFL. He hasn’t played a game yet and looks like he may not play all season. Translation: so far I was correct.

But I don’t expect an arrogant prick like yourself to understand these things.

I won’t waste anymore of your time I’m sure you have very important sports writing endeavors on the docket today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You insisted he wouldn't even be on the roster on opening day. You didn't just post it, you argued vehemently for that point. Oops.

Austin has an injury that has nothing to do with his size, so yes, you are making a fool of yourself on that one, too. You claimed it would be his size that kept him from holding up to the rigors of the NFL, but his current injury has nothing to do with his size. So no, so far you are not correct.

Arrogant is fair. Prick? Look in the mirror, bubba.

10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    upload_2022-10-22_12-17-21.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So odd. They have a sentence about Pierre being hurt in the victory over the Bucs, then add that it differs from the injury he suffered against Tampa. WTF?

I definitely feel better about the secondary, but hopefully, they can continue to utilize some of what they did to compensate for all the injuries so successfully last week.

13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You are either on the field or you are in the press box. The reasoning and excuses are nothing more than semantics.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny thing. Ogunjobi has been on the field.

Regarding Austin, the dispute here isn't whether or not he is on the field. The dispute is whether his size is the reason he hasn't been. It isn't. You were wrong to claim otherwise and a foot injury does not prove your point. It isn't that difficult of a concept. The more weight you carry, the more likely you are to have problems with your feet.

15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I have stated I was wrong about Obi as he has played all year. Wake me up when your boy Calvin Austin the 6th starts contributing.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have no real attachment to Austin. I do have an attachment to accuracy, which is a foreign concept to you. Foot injuries are less likely in lighter people, not more likely. I'm sorry you are having trouble grasping that concept.

17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    First intelligent thing you have said in weeks. No attachment to Austin.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I will give your judgment on intelligence the lack of attention that it deserves. One reason I sometimes come across as arrogant is that when I know what I'm talking about, I don't lightly suffer fools who don't and act as if they do. In this instance, that is absolutely the case. I know more about this than you do. I'm sorry you can't handle that. Bigger people are more likely to have issues with their feet than smaller ones.

19. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I never mentioned his feet. I mentioned he’s not on the field. He’s not. The rest is speculation you are not a DR although you try to play one on this site. All good man have a nice weekend and good luck with the next sports article you contribute to us lowly peasants

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize it is a foot injury that has kept him out of the lineup, right? Or are you even more ignorant than I had thought?

Here's a fun fact. I've had this discussion with doctors. I know that the lighter a person is, the less likely they are to have problems with their feet. Because I know that, I realize that your claim that his current injury is somehow evidence that he is too small for the NFL is false. By all means, run away in defeat. It is the route you should have taken long ego.

21. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Grab a CA3 Jersey. I have a feeling his second half this year will be dynamite.

Stairway to 7

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You can't ever admit you are wrong, so you try to use sarcasm to misrepresent my post. I never made any predictions about his production this year. It doesn't sound promising at this point. Foot injuries are trouble. They just don't have anything to do with a player being small.

• Like Like x 1
  23. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    @C_AdamskiTrib
    ·
    17m
    TJ Watt spotted in a practice jersey and wearing gloves, cleats and a helmet in the Steelers locker room today

• Like Like x 1
  24. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Watt practiced today and his 21 day window is open.

• Like Like x 1
  25. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    upload_2022-10-26_15-14-44.png

• Like Like x 1