1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should KC and Carolina Play Today?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AFan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Curious about others opinions on this. And curious if my opinion is in the minority on this.

If it were up to me, I'd postpone the game until Mon or Tuesday at least, and might even cancel it. I think at the very least I'd give the Chiefs a day or two to grieve and come to grips with this crazy situation, and wouldn't require Romeo Craniel to coach 30 hours after witnessing a man blow his brains out.

And if there were ever a cancellable game in the NFL it's this one. It will have almost zero impact on playoffs, tiebreakers or effect other teams chances. There's no real reason not to cancell it. And no real reason to invite 70,000 people to show up at crime scene to buy beer, tailgate and be entertained.

But.. other opinions may differ. I'm interested to see how they do.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thin it is no one's decison except KC's. If they want to play they should play.

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont have a problem with the game being move a day or 2, but it needs to be played. Even though the teams involved wont make the playoffs, the results of this game can still affect the common games tie-breaker for other teams. Not playing this game can also affect the draft order.

4. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You aren't alone. I agree completely.

5. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Nope -You're not alone. I said it in another thread that the gme should have been moved for all the same reason that you have stated.

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well it was probably good they played...only game left on their schedule they will probably win