1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin postgame presser…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 9, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    He says he is open to change but he won’t have the balls to change anything. He won’t do it. Things just don’t change with this team with Tomlin leading the way. He is too stubborn to make any changes. So I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I am no fan of Tomlin. However I'm willing to see what he does. Anyone should be able to realize that this offense is not working and needs to be changed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure that will matter if Tomlin is as hands on as I am beginning to think he is. Fichtner, Canada, I cant tell the difference in the offense. Tomlin is the constant that remains.

Will take ownership intervention and I don’t mean firing Tomlin. Time to force him to bring in an established OC as he did with Haley.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I think Sean Peyton is unemployed just throwing that ou there. Mike has run off every decent coach he ever had so now he can only surround his self with under qualified coaches.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not going to happen during the season, but I’d give my eye teeth if Tomlin moved on and we brought in Sean Peyton as the HC. Can you imagine what that might do for the trajectory of Kenny Pickett’s career?

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No one gets a pass on this defensive staff. No one.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He would be a threat to Fragile Tomlin. Never going to happen.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    This will be rough. There is not a lot you can do once the season starts.

I am taking note of the Giants, a really bad team that's doing great and the resurrection of Daniel Jones - whom I said all along could be a good QB with the right coach.
    Daboll has taken a poor roster and retuned it and is getting decent play out them.
    His offensive plan feeds the defense, which is nothing special at all, but they are playing way over their heads.

Mike Tomlin, 15 years is a really long life in the NFL.
    If he wants to extend that, I think he's going to have to find the OC of a lifetime.
    I think our Front Office staff will supply them with the type of players they need.
    Mike may need to refocus his attention on the defense which is sloppy and uninspired. I am not impressed with Austin at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He didn't bring in Haley, Art II made that call as I believe you stated. If you look at the assistant coaches he has brought in or have promoted it's not a glaring positive.

And if you have to force Tomlin to hire someone qualified as an owner it's time to look at replacing him.

I would be hot on the phone to Sean Payton even Haley. Fire Canada ASAP. Won't happen because of fragility.

And what do you do with this defensive staff? Tomlin is the leader in that room. They play scared. Flores has not made any difference. And Austin as well. How do you have your best player on defense in Minkah playing in the box and then they throw a 98 yard TD. How? The decision making is abysmal.

And Bubble Yum time has expired as well.

And the talent pool behind the starters :eek: Some will sit at the injury excuse. This team is not prepared. This lies at the head coach's feet.

You look at all 3 phases of coaches and what do you see? All should be replaced. Tall task. So you clean house...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    No one can defend a pass on the defensive unit either, so…:shrug:

11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Daboll came from the McDearmot coaching tree. He’s been a HC a fraction of the time Tomlin has and already has more of a coaching tree than Tomlin does. Some may think coaching trees are overrated, but it does indicate how much success and coaching development you have and how much respect the rest of the league has for what you’re doing. When was the last time another team came calling for one of our coordinators or assistant coaches?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    nah keep it. Our shreve! It all makes sense now! We need a shreve whisperer stat!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    True.
    That's sort of what I am alluding to. 15 years is an eternity in the NFL.
    If he wants to call it quits and move on, I am fine with that.
    If he wants to stay, he's going to have to mine out an OC and probably a DC (or he can lean more on that side)
    I agree with Daboll. McDermont has been a steady climb to the top, he's a good coach and looks to be headed for great things.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t want Haley, you can find good coaches without the toxicity. But Art has to step in again, I don’t know if Peyton would be open to a coordinator position but certainly that would be a quality hire.

I’m not down on the defense like most seem to be, lot of injuries on that side of the ball. Would get rid of Austin though and promote Flores, too many chefs in the kitchen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Hope this isn’t just hot air. Shake things up Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    But what about Flores? He was suppose to be the next best thing since sliced bread.

17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t think you get anymore with Flores than you do with Austin. Maybe to send a message you fire both Austin and Canada and replace them with Flores and Sullivan for the rest of the season and then regroup in the off season.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe it is the Head Coach?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    We can wish!!!!!

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Shhhh…you can’t say that here. It’s an unwritten rule.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

There is something to be said there: Flores and Austin.
    I really hate giving up on a coach so soon but Austin's perception of playing strength to weakness is non-existent.
    Yes, there are a lot of injuries and that complicates the analysis.
    But one thing strikes me, and that looks like the players on the defensive side are not buying into his system.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? Im not sure what you guys are expecting out of Flores right now, hes the LB coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Wasn’t he supposed to come in and salvage Bush’s career? I’m not a Flores fan at all.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah and he has been playing better :shrug:

I think this has more to do with his off field stuff than on field.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I mean to replace Tomlin with him.