1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin postgame presser…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 9, 2022.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tissue time

• Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Easily. Y’all in the torch and pitchfork crowd conveniently forget what transpires during the games. Look at today for example, we are down 3 starters on defense going into the game. Lose a fourth in the first quarter. Lose a 5th in the second. Lose a 6th in the third. For crying out loud We had a guy elevated from the practice squad on friday playing cb today. Then you turn around and blame everyone under the sun. Over 50% of our starting defense is out against arguably the best offense in the league, but the coaches are supposed to sprinkle some fairy dust and voila every thing is fixed. Y’all throw anything remotely resembling objectivity out the window and go with knee jerk reactions thinking it will fix something. You’ll sit back and claim we wasted Ben. We have a good defense, but meh offense. Or a good offense, but a meh defense. You’re not winning many playoff games or any super bowls like that. It takes a complete team and some luck. We spot the browns 28 points in a quarter off turnovers and you blame the coaches. It’s dumbfounding. What you’re clamoring for is how you end up like the browns for 20 years.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Grab another hit of crack

4. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Race! What Race? Its over johnny! Start with Canada, who only calls 6 plays, this team is pathetic n hard to watch,defense is getn sliced up every week, nobody is bein held accountable, nobody, coaches included! Time for change, front to back!

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    No that doesn’t count it doesn’t fit my narrative lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm not clamoring for anything. So you're dead wrong. Everything you said is true about elevating a guy from the practice squad. I haven't blamed anyone. I'm tired of this team laying down game after game. Tired of an offense that can't score TDs. A running game that goes nowhere. If what you say is true why even have a coach? Obviously the coach isn't out there playing right? Tomlin isn't run blocking Tomlin isn't pass blocking. Nope not his fault. Tomlin isn't giving up huge running plays or allowing deep passes that's not coaching. Knee jerk reaction? Every single coach runs his time out on a team. Every single one. No coach lasts forever and that's a fact. Tomlin has become stale and his teams are predictable. No new ideas. No good coordinators. This is the first year I've admitted that I'm done with Tomlin. Doesn't mean anything I'm not the brightest bulb in the house. But at some point something has to happen to wake this team up. You on the other hand point to some of the worst owners in professional sports to ridicule the fact that there are those on this board that think it's time for a change. Maybe that's not Tomlin. Maybe it's Austin and Canada. That's up to Tomlin. As to Ben Tomlin had a hall of fame QB for his whole tenor here in the burgh. That's a thing that only happens to a couple of coaches. Did we waste Ben? I don't know. We did win a super bowl with Tomlin and went to another one to lose. Since then? So don't accuse me of having some kind of "knee jerk" reaction. I am not carrying a pitchfork or a torch. I'm asking the question is Tomlin done with his effectiveness as a head coach. Simple question. I guess you love him and that's your right. I think he has run his course and it's time for him to either go or make some changes to his staff. So if that's knee jerk you can then count me in.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    we had a hof qb? is that all it takes to win? Did that qb play at hof level the last few years of his career? Did he play at a hof level in that Super Bowl against Green Bay? You know the one where he threw two interceptions including a pick 6. What do fans do? Blame Tomlin. Blame Arians. Blame mendy. Who was giving up those huge passing plays? Backups and backups to backups. Tomlin has become stale? According to whom? The players know far more about it then you do. Look at the former players out there talking about Tomlin. Do any of them have anything negative to say about him? Do they claim he’s stale? Ike Taylor talks about Tomlin’s influence and football knowledge with glowing terms and people here claim he doesn’t know x’s and o’s. Hmmmmm I wonder which person actually knows what they’re talking about? Why can’t you watch the game and actually see what is contributing to the losses?

• Like Like x 1
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Highest paid defense being coached by three “brilliant” defensive strategists. Should be a recipe for success, no? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Nevermind there is a New fanboy at the top of the list after reading this thread! My lord :roflmao:

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just because people are objective and don’t falsely blame Tomlin for everything bad that happens to the Steelers doesn’t mean they are Fanboys.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Adore is a better word to use in this specific example.

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Just curious, strummer, but at what point do you think Tomlin should be held responsible? We’ve had some bad losses over the last decade, lost many games we should have won, laid ostrich eggs in the playoffs and come out seemingly unprepared for many key games during his tenure. Tomlin’s in game clock management has been abysmal, he has no coaching tree after 15 years as a head coach and he’s made some of the crappiest coaching hires that I can remember. He is the HEAD coach, so when should he be held accountable for the performance of his football team? Never?

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm obviously not as smart as you. So I will leave this discussion. We disagree and nothing will change that

14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20221009-211003~2.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    And we had some bad losses during the previous regime. Lost many games we should have won back then as well. Losing to an expansion team seems to ring a bell. Looked unprepared at times back then too. Ostrich eggs in the playoffs? yeah that too. As for his clock management. I don’t always agree with it, but for the most part I understand the decision. After all there is more than one way to skin a cat. As for coaching hires.I don’t believe for a second Butler wasn’t forced on him. Fichtner was Ben’s guy. That’s a tough one. Piss off your qb and end up in an Aron rodgers situation. Haley? Wasn’t a huge fan of the hire then or now. Austin? No problem with the hire. Look at the interceptions after he started working with them.I don’t blame him for our defensive issues either. Our issues aren’t schemebor talent. They’re injury and execution. Injuries plays into the second one in a huge way.Darryl drake? No problem with him at all. Kirby Wilson? Nope, not there either. At what point Do YOU start to pay attention to what happens on the field and why?

16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Never mind, I think you’re too far gone.

20ED625A-2D1F-4B1F-8CB0-7B41E12B579C.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    That was original.

18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    And Tomlin calling the defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    There is no O in Canada.

20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The problem is Tomlin has too much say in player acquisitions. He can coach talented players given to him, but he cannot identify the correct talented players to draft or sign in free agency. Part of the problem is also the front office. Where are the Ryan Clarks and Brett Keisels?

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I was right behind the goal post flags and they were blowing all over the place all game long. Bos missed back to back chip shots during warm ups.

• Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    @Realrclark25

Mike Tomlin is my favorite football coach. With that be said no matter what the roster looks like your team has to be prepared, be in proper positions to succeed, and dang fight! The Steelers did not fight today, and that goes back to the head coach. He gotta get’em right.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I was a Mike tomlin fan at the beginning of his tenure because his d focus was what won back then in 2008 and 2010 and he was like an extension of cowher physical teams. I was all in with Mike until the 2016 debacle in the afc champ game where he was depantsed by belicheat. The antonio brown clown show did not help either. I have been out since then. him hiring a hs coach for oc did not help his cause as we have not scored a first series td since 2018.

24. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Tomlin has no desire in hiring any good coaches that can make him look bad and potentially take his job. He would rather lose the way they are now and keep his job knowing nothing will happen to him because Art Rooney is clueless as well and won’t put Tomlin on notice. He won’t do it. Tomlin thinks he has all the answers and can fix everything and he can’t. He is so damn stubborn and it’s shown so far this year through 5 games more so then ever before. It’s getting old and really boring and tiresome to watch with no accountability at all being left at Tomlin’s shoulders.

25. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Tomlin indicates he's open to change. Not sure what that means in his world but if that extends to demoting Canada then Mike Sullivan is the next man up. He had one year of OC experience and he had the worst offense in the NFL. So if we go that route it's probably not going to change a whole lot. Not sure who else is out there but at least Tomlin is "open" to change.