1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is JUJU spilling the beans?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Oct 2, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He made the Pro Bowl with the Steelers, and was voted team MVP, he's not doing that with the Chiefs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    To hear about that from JuJu is alarming to me. And people outside of Steelers Country wonder why Mike Tomlin is not well liked by any of us despite the fact he won a lot of regular season games as well as a Super Bowl win (with Cowher's players)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    People love to throw out the "Cowher's players" nonsense. They weren't Cowher's plays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Is JuJu still making money off his social media tweets? controversial social media would increase hits and make him more money. that might explain a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Ever since the great players he inherited have retired he has barely won a playoff game. His last domino has fallen and we now are all seeing the real MT. The FanBoys will still defend him until the end of time though. He could not win a playoff game for 20 years and they still would. It’s really something I’ll tell ya.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin is an average coach. Always has been. James Harrison has hinted at this already. So have others. Plus, we all have eyes, we see it 4 or 5 times a year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Do they do condition drills/sprints in Practice anymore? Or are players expected to get in shape on their own time? I've been to the Steelers training camp a few years ago, and I don't ever remember the conditioning part of it? The running, and running, and running, and then throwing up, followed by a little more running.

The Steelers have just been tanking in the 2nd half game after game like they are out of shape and haven't spent enough time getting into condition to play a full 60 minute game. Maybe this is what JuJu is talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    i don’t think Steelers practice the fundamentals at all, including conditioning.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Screenshot_20221003_015643.jpg

If he's learning more from one practice vs all of 5 years with us.....
    1. Why is he averaging less than 3 of the season he had with us?
    2. He is on pace in a 16 game to be 900 yards. But that's with more receptions than he had with us his first year.

So yep, I'm chalking this up to him just wanting to sound cool with his new team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Ben, before his elbow injury, was god like - everyone here should appreciate Ben.

Combo of Ben and AB was killer… helped JuJu’s stats.

juju is just saying his coaches are better at KC than Pittsburgh.

11. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Who cares what JU JU thinks, I hear it from every player. Whoever is paying you at the time is the smartest and greatest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    3 seasons says other wise

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe JuJu is confusing better with different. No doubt AR is different than RF and MC. So different that the offense is more complex.

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    like Ben used to do. Tomlin is NOTHING w/o him, I said that for years.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who did #7 go to in the clutch, yea number 19 that's who.
    He doesn't play for us anymore, let's concentrate on who plays for us.

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    JuJu's quote does not surprise me, everyone knows Tomlin is not an offensive x and o guy. Nor is his coaches. Remember how many times Ben pulled games out of his but with his street ball. Also one time last year didn't Matt Canada or the Steelers say they ran out of plays. :shrug:

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is when Ben R. comes back as a player/QB Coach:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You have to admit he was handed a great team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He was indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He was actually alluding to the fact that he didn't know how to read defenses, but 1 camp in KC has taught him more than he had learned in 5 years with us.

Granted - he's a pro, he should learn how to read defenses on his own. A coach shouldn't have to do that necessarily. But still telling about what some of us have known for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not really something new or different just confirming things a lot of us have been saying for years. Tomlin doesn't care what the weeks opponent is or trying to gameplan against that opponent. They practice to try and correct mistakes made in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022
    They weren't? Let's be real here. The SB ring that Tomlin has was the result of Cowher's team dragging his inept ass to a victory. It had nothing to do with anything that he did for the team. I don't know if there is a better example of right place at the right time.

• Like Like x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That explains why Cowher won the SB the year before with the same players and playbook then, right?

• Like Like x 1
  24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    . Hmmm seems like him and DJ have something in common...;)

25. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022

Yep. It amazes me just how many fans still can't bring themselves to accept this. The cheerleader's minority status along with the fact that he plays for a team that doesn't fire coaches confuses the clueless, <mod edit> into thinking that we must have something special here. The truth is, the only difference between Tomlin and Marvin Lewis is that Lewis didn't have a HOF QB's coattails to ride for 17 years.

*Mod Edit: No reason to include that in your post. It will only derail the thread into a topic that isn’t discussed here.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1