1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Claypool?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Sep 23, 2022.

1. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I think I remember him scoring these huge long TDs in his rookie year and then he has not done much since. What happened? Do they even give him vertical routes to run anymore or is he the designated reverse sweep running back and slot receiver?

Also, I am really missing the late game magic that Ben quite often seemed to muster when we were down. Even last season there were a few games that we were 2+ scores down and the offense found a way to fight back, not always successful with a victory of course, but enough to at least make it clear we weren't going down without a fight. That all has seemed lost the past three games (and we should have lost the first game).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    They use him like Dri Archer despite him being 6'4 230 pounds. It's puzzling to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    We have a QB that can't hit long passes in the extreme rare instance when he even tries. We have an OC that doesn't know how to call a play but Claypool doesn't even have to be open with his size.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    His breakout rookie season, 2020, was the last year we had a decent Oline protecting a hall of fame quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    THIS! Or better yet like Ray-Ray McCloud. I don't get it. We are doing those types of plays FAR too often. I also feel like Najee is hardly being used properly. Offense is just such a mess... How did Canada even get the job?

• Agree Agree x 3