1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When will we see Kenny Pickett as starting quarterback?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Sep 17, 2022.

1. By game 4

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Games 5-8

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  3. Games 9-12

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Last quarter of the season (games 13-17)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. We won’t, he’ll hold the clipboard for Mitch all season

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That would be some next level trolling by Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I would probably die of laughter. The absolute total meltdown some of the people here would have :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This would be epic. The dumpster fire here would be impressive to behold.

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    oh you can picture them slobbering like a dog pounding away on a keyboard

C537DFC5-1877-493B-8FD7-8441F21FBEC0.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is possible. Maybe Glazer had it right when he reported that Tomlin has no intention of starting Pickett at all this year. That said, it would be a stupid choice. Rudolph is still the worst quarterback on the roster. If you're going to throw the season away, at least let the first-round draft choice get some real experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Fire Tomlin if this is the case

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wishful thinking by people who can’t handle any criticism of the team.

Tomlin would have left Pickett as number three if that were the case.

But you are right, would be a stupid choice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You may be right, but that thinking didn't come from nowhere. Jay Glazer reported before the season started that Tomlin won't start Pickett this season, turning to Rudolph if Trubisky is benched or injured, and others picked up on that story.

Glazer claims to be tight with Tomlin, but Glazer is more self-promoter than journalist. I certainly don't trust him.

9. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Would Rudolph come in and play in street clothes if Mitch is benched or injured during a game?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I’ll be the first to admit my expectations for Trubisky have not been met thus far. Is he solely to blame for our offensive ineptitude? Absolutely not. With that being said I can’t agree with the sentiment that Rudolph is the worst qb on the roster. As it stands right now I would take Rudolph over trubisky. I can understand why Tomlin wouldn’t want to go with a rookie. After all rookies make rookie mistakes. We have a solid defense and very good skill players on offense. Playing mistake free football can and should win us some games this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  12. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I miss mike & mike. Have not watched anything greenberg has done since

Typically I watch GMFB now

13. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    It's a risk to put Pickett in, but with how anemic this offense has been wether its been play calling (Canada) or Trubisky, he can't do much worse. You only learn so much sitting on the bench and holding a clipboard. If Pickett is our future then let him learn on the job ala Payton Manning (most interceptions by a rookie). In my opinion, we have too many offensive weapons for this O to look like this the last 2 weeks no matter what kind of plays Canada is calling. Pickens getting 2 or 3 targets a game, when it's been said he is open, points to Trubisky and why this offense looks so bad.

I thought we had something with Trubisky but I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Tru gets hurt and kenny comes in to win the browns. For aome reason tomlin starts mason next game to put kenny as back up again imo

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't say it made sense. If anything, it would make more sense to have Rudolph come off the bench during a game, then have Pickett start the next week.

16. GS321

GS321 Member

Sep 20, 2022
    What bothers me is the touchdown drive was great last week going no huddle. Why abandon the no huddle or not try it again?

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Imagine the riot if he did that?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are challenges to going no-huddle full time, but yeah, they should have tried it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know you only have 4 posts Rip, but try and remember that Pickens and Pickett are not the same person. Chuck "Knoll" is probably turning over in his sarcophagus about now. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Sorry....Yes ....You usually have to throw more so You can throw more Tds.
    After You now watch Trubisky.....is there any Question in Your mind why Chicago asked Him to throw less times??? You go with Your strength. LoL. The problem I'm still having is......I'm arguing with Guys that watched maybe 10 games in Trubisky whole career......I'm originally from Chicago....so I watch every game...that We have not played at the same time, and some on replay.....I probably would have been a Bears fan if wasn't for My Father ,and that part of the family. Most of You are going off numbers.....I'm going off games watched. What You see now is Trubisky.....His best Year ever was the Bears best year on Defense in a while, and still He only had pedestrian play, and numbers. If We had got for instance a different Qb....I wouldn't have said as much....because I really may have never really watched them, but Trubisky....I have watched, and what people blamed on weapons, and Coaching...I didn't really see.....
    Look.... if You throw out of bounds at Your target, make them catch everything behind them, and, or never even see them.....it doesn't matter who Your weapons are, or coaches are. Also....I do believe We ....as has been mentioned already....are running RPOs....He just deciding not to throw any of them.....He's scared....Why....because deep down ....He knows what He can ,and can't do.

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, your starting QB time is expiring Mitch step up big amongst the home folk.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Tim Hasselback had a good point today on ESPN. He said if the Steelers plan is to sit Pickett all year and then name him the starter next year doesn't make sense. He said name him the starter now and let him take his lumps and learn how to be an NFL starting QB now. That way next year he will have experience and hit the ground running for 2023. Hasselback said the Steelers have a solid roster and could be a contender but that isn't going to happen with Trubisky at QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    my vote was Not this season....... bench behind Mitch. I feel the offensive problems lie elsewhere..... place your blame.... OL, Najee lack of vision, Mr Canada...... Mr Canada...... I really think it's best in KP's progression to sit for a bit and get a feel for the speed of the game before getting thrown into the lions den. In a perfect world, let's call him A-aron Rodgers and let him sit a season or two.

24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    In two seasons Pickett will be 26 years old. When Ben was 26 he had already played 5 seasons and won 2 Superbowls. Pickett has had 50 starts after playing 5 years at Pitt. He isn't a 21 year old rookie from the MAC conference. Besides Rodgers didn't play because he was a backup to Brett Favre. That's a lot different than playing behind Mitch Trubisky.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    TLDR :facepalm: