1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harris “should be good to go” Sunday vs. the Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 3
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Reports I heard (unsubstantiated) was that it was a high ankle sprain, not even his foot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Anyone else want to Run the ball 19 times?
    Surely someone wants the opportunity.

Rest Harris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    just rest him, he's not gonna produce anything more than Warren. Harris is largely overrated by this fanbase. l think he has two or three 100 yard games and has an average of 3.9 ypc on his career. i get he tries to be a funny guy and the fans like him, but i don't see anything that special with him as a runner. No speed, can't make a play unless there is a 10 foot hole opened up. His vision is not that good. He's a good pass catcher and can be a hard runner at times.. but not worth the 1st round pick they spent .

check out what Ramon Foster has to say about Najee's vision or lack of

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Get the man some blocking. He won't reach his potential unless the Oline can open up some holes for him. He won't reach his potential unless there is a consistent threat from the passing (QB) game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I think he has the talent but the interior OL is awful and we're calling running plays like it's 1995.

Canada needs to add more outside running plays to the game plan. His best run yesterday was what looked liked a wide zone running play (I could be wrong on that). Maybe we should make more use of the fullback we spent a lot of money on or the H-Back that we just had to draft instead of an O-Lineman.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Najee doesn’t look right to me he seems slow and lacking any burst. Of course it’s very hard to judge him with this O Line but something is really off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    by video I was thinking ankle, although the foot was trapped.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    From who some internet docs :rolleyes:?

11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I heard from Dr. Nick that he has injections and pain killers for this kind of stuff! BTW Elvis has left the building….

12. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Tough to look fast when you’re running straight into a wall

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    This O line will get him kilt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    That’s why I said it’s really tough to be subjective because this O Line is that bad and doesn’t open up any lanes. Still he looks slower lacking a gear and indecisive. Maybe he is frustrated about hitting a wall every play. By the time our O Line is re built Najee will be retiring.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He had some explosive plays last season, when the OL opened some holes for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thats what it looked like to me.

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    YEP, time to play the bagpipes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank God, why he was not involved in passing game more Sunday
    Ill never know. He is a game changer that has to be used if healthy. 20 plus touches a game minimum.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Be creative, have too when your OL is getting their ass handed to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Hmmmmmmm....
    Lisfranc injuries, also called Lisfranc fracture-dislocations, are the most common type of dislocation involving the foot and correspond to the dislocation of the articulation of the tarsus with the metatarsal bases. In other words, a very annoying injury along with being a slow heal.

I could imagine maybe he is a fraction slower, maybe. In the NFL it is what have you done for me lately though.

Still, Harris is an all-purpose back, he does everything. He put up some pretty solid number last season as a rookie. Most rookies learn that as a rookie, you are not in good shape as you thought and year two is a change of preparation. Pittsburgh lists him as 6'1" 232.

He was most definitely a weapon in 2021.
    -In Week 3 against the Cincinnati Bengals, Harris recorded 142 all purpose yards, including 14 catches in 19 targets. This tied the NFL record for most catches in a game for a rookie running back and were the second-highest amount of targets for a running back since 1992 (when the data was first tracked).

-In Week 5 against the Denver Broncos, Harris recorded 122 yards on 23 carries and a rushing touchdown in the 27–19 win. It marked his first game rushing over 100 yards.

-He became the first Steelers' rookie to score a rushing touchdown and record 100 yards rushing on his first five games, since Franco Harris in 1972.

-In Week 17, Harris ran for a career-high 188 yards and the game-sealing touchdown in a 26-14 win over the Cleveland Browns.

-Harris finished his rookie season with 1,200 rushing yards and seven touchdowns, and 74 catches for 467 yards and three touchdowns.

-He finished fourth in rushing yards, fourth in all-purpose yards, and led all running backs in receptions.

-His 381 touches led the NFL and had zero fumbles. He was selected as an alternate for the 2022 Pro Bowl, replacing Bengals running back Joe Mixon.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a RB on the roster that can put that type of pressure on defenses.
    Could they use a Bettis again? It would be nice to have a truck like that for those short yardage situations.
    I think some credit needs to be given to the Bengals defense, Harris had hurt them, and they put some focus on that and they are a good defense.
    I do think Canada will use him in the attack when it fits the plan.
    Mitch needs a little pressure off of him, but defenses will look to shut down the run and force Mitch to throw as that is the going perceived weakness.
    Until proves otherwise, they will do exactly that, and it won't matter if you have Henry in the backfield.

I'm for Pittsburgh striking a balance with the passing game finding its legs and forcing LB's/S's to respect that.
    New England isn't the same New England and lost to a pedestrian Miami team. They are capable of stuffing the run, so Cananda better be up to finding ways to get Harris the ball, as well as WR's.

• Like Like x 2
  21. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I drove a motorcycle head on into a wall at 50mph once. All I know, is that I stopped really really fast

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He definitely ran a bit tentatively this past Sunday. I get that there wasn't a ton of room to run, but he hesitated a bit too much for my liking. Its one game, I am sure he will be better moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    His ability as an all around back makes him a great weapon. You have to check him as a route runner, he has good hands, reliable ball security, and usually runs hard. I wish that he had a bit better go of the OL so we can really see what he is like running it. Even LeVeon Bell looked pretty average when behind a bad line (although he did make the line look good on his own in a lot of ways). Its still early in year 2, so there's still plenty of time for him to change the narrative about his abilities. I don't think he's incapable, he has just been the feature back of really bad offenses so far in his young career.

24. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Glad he's okay. It looked WAY worse on video replay than the end result. Those types of plays usually mean multiple weeks or full blown tears that end seasons. I'm happy it was just a minor thing for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

And sadly as a feature back behind bad blocking and bad play calling his sky gets shorter everytime he plays ..My biggest fear when we drafted him is that his best years woild be spent getting tore down, I was in the camp of bench him last season just to save him for better days ..At this rate he will have reached his banged up limit early in his career ..Lots of new Info out on just how many hits a RB can take before they start the decline plus our Team ask the RB to be a protector much more than other Teams IMO ..Those huge collisions are not even counted in those studies...