1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Newsflash! Steelers won

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HeinzMustard, Sep 11, 2022.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    And this place is a dumpster fire. :facepalm:

I thought and predicted Steelers would lose. Enjoy the win!

Things could be worse. We could be Cowboys fans!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Umm...

I said we would have a chance myself; even picking them in the pick em. I knew the defense would be a big factor but not to the extent that was on display.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :thumbs_up:
    Has any team that ever had 6 sacks, 5 forced turnovers, a pick 6, , a turnover on downs(so basically 6 turnovers), and a blocked field goal ever lost????
    Just wondering???

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I would be fine if TJ didn't get hurt for the year. That bummed me out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We sure as hell almost did lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We’re officially doomed when Heinz makes this type of thread

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hopefully He's not. :beg:

• Like Like x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We are 1-0 in the division too. Tee Hee. Winnin ugly. Whatever it takes. So many starters hurt though.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe its good I literally just finished the game and had to stay off the net most of the day until we finished.

Now I'm trying to catch up with everything that's been said lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I don't think it's a dumpster fire.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The reason people are not feeling great about the team is that the manner of the win is not sustainable or repeatable for the most part. The defence cannot be put on the field for 40 + minutes week in, week out and be expected to keep bailing out a totally inept offence. The injuries to Watt and Najee are also going to be a worry.

Hopefully the offence starts to find an identity in the coming weeks because it was a bit all over the place yesterday. The season is not a wash by any means but massive improvement needed on that side of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah… I mean it’s entirely possible I was still riding the high of our win (which I didn’t predict AT ALL) but I was super surprised to get on here yesterday and see the Mitch bashing.

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I predicted 23-21, so I blew it. I was off by a point.

I’ll admit that I am still gloomy about the game though because of Watt’s injury. If it’s the feared torn pec, I can’t envision us having the kind of defense that we need to be a legit playoff contender. He’s the most important non-QB in the league IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    When you have a 5 plus differential in turnovers including a pick 6 and are a blocked XP away from losing the game? That was a complete one off scenario we likely don’t get that type of turnover luck again all year. This offense is horrendous and how can it get better? Kenny Pickett? Behind this o line and no running game I don’t think a rookie QB is the savior but Mitch looked really bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Would anyone rather see Mason then Trub???

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This morning I’m realizing that it was a huge Divisional road win.

The sun is peaking through the clouds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Mitch looked fine in the first half. For whatever reason he was **** in the second half. Don’t know what the cause of his issues were, but definitely changed from half to half. There were a couple plays in the first that we just missed on that would have changed the complexion of the game. Either way we still got the win and have something to build upon. Remember the team you see in week one is rarely the team you see in December.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Yeah the Watt injury sucks. One take away from the game for me is the RESOLVE this team showed. I did yell at the refs, but I did not yell at any of our coaches or players. This team showed me courage and character like I haven't seen in them since the 60 minute men under Cowher. I am encouraged by the way they stuck together and never said die. The character they displayed is the 'it' factor that's been missing from this team for quite some time (imho). We could be on the cusp of a really good rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Win against a team that just went to the super bowl too. Remember that part folks. They're built , we ain't, luck was on our side.

20. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Luck, 7 sacks, five turnovers, and Minkah.

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Sure. It's not hard to have a better QBR than 46.

22. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
  23. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    or Raiders fans. Here's a video of one Raiders fan brawling with three other Raiders fans.

Raiders Fans Brawl: One Guy Beat Up Two Men and a Woman (msn.com)

although some threads on TSF make it seem like we do this also to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Unlike, other fans, we acknowledge ... areas of flaws, where our team could be better. Win or lose. This is what separate us from the bottom dwellers. There is not another fan base out there ... more knowledgeable ... then Steelernation!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we beat the defending afc champs at their house to open the season. i don't care how it happened or that it was to close. so what? did we really expect to blow this team out? relax. enjoy it. the team we play at home next week lost it's QB. we have a pretty good defense. we will miss TJ but it doesn't take away the rest of the defense playing well.

back to the TD's over FG's thing. that part we need to work on. warren needs work on his blocking assignments too. that sack wasn't on the O-Line, he whiffed badly on an attempted block. he completely missed the guy. benny snell football is the better pass protector. we may see him in that role next week i have a feeling.

remember watt, warren and heyward are still new. watt didn't practice much or have much preseason. he played more snaps sunday than probably his whole career here. a work in progress. patience. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1