1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Players needed to fill second Fantasy League!

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Wednesday at 3 works for me

If it needs to be changed. My times I can't are...
    Wednesday from 1-3
    Thursday morning
    Friday from 12-5.
    Saturday evening.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m good to roll the dice with auto draft if evening suits the majority

thanks @Thor

3. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks for posting, Mash. Hoping we don't have to go past Thursday (NFL season opener that night). Technically we could, I'd just have to change the schedule settings to eliminate the first NFL week.

And as for me, I should be able to jockey my schedule to whatever works this week except Monday, 3pm - 5pm, when the first league drafts.

Thanks for this as well. What's the latest you'd prefer a late afternoon/early evening draft to begin?

Oh, and just remembered - for anyone else not on EST, that's the default timezone I'm using. Forgot to mention that for this league.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll be working all day Wednesday (Well, I could squeeze it in earlier, but anything after 1pm is out). Won't even get home until 11pm Eastern. But that's fine. My drafts have sucked for years now. Maybe the computer will fare better if need be. :D

5. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Up to 6pm - 7pm EST would be fine, but I’m honestly ok with setting it to auto draft. I always seem to end up middle of the road in all my leagues every year, not terrible but not in the running. Maybe I’ll have more luck this way

6. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'll go with the flow, but will be working Wed at 3PM. Jesus take the wheel - autodraft probably for me.

7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    If you prefer a live draft and give me the times you can make workable from Monday - Thursday I'll see what works best for the majority.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I can make whatever work. Basically I'm left to my own devices when I'm at work so as long as I have my phone or iPad handy I can do a live draft.

9. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Tues late night would work best for me or early Thursday. I'll will set my rankings to avoid drafting 10 QB's just to be safe.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is the first league draft still 3:00 Monday?

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    No. Don't worry about it. I have a terrible work schedule and trying to work it around my availability would only be a hassle to everyone else. It's one of the reasons I always tried to make it for Labor Day every year since it was one day I knew most would be off (including me). But this league is so last second, that wasn't realistic. I'll be fine opening my team like a kid on Xmas. :lolol:

12. Nathan Thompson

Nathan Thompson New Member

Jul 18, 2021
    Hi guys..
    I didn't know we were doing this again and I would like to join if you need another person to play.. please let me know

Thanks

13. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No, it got moved to Memorial Day.

Sorry - busy day. Just seeing this question now. Still doesn't excuse you from not bringing the beer to draft party, though. ;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    What's going on with the other tsf league..
    It was reactivated and is still one team short

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well I don’t know who’s league I just drafted in then but I’m pretty happy with my team. Even had to let auto draft take over for some picks, only screwed me on Kenneth Gaines. Really? That was your best player available??? In its other picks, gave me Colts D and KC’s kicker, Butler. Those were good.

Now its time to kick butt! :herewego:

16. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    @Lizard72
    @thorn058
    @Mashburn
    @Ray D
    @Nah85
    @SC Gamecock
    @SteelersFanIrl
    @soulkitchen

Friendly reminder that the TSF Last Call draft kicks off Wednesday at 3pm EST :dancing:

This one should be interesting; first I've drafted with two starting RB and an SFLEX. Tried getting Ray to bring a bottle of his best single malt to the party, but he said he was saving everything he had for afterward, being a recipient of the autodraft. :tequila:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Well, wasn't it Nicholson's line, "two outta three ain't bad." ;)

18. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm guessing it's just one of last year's leagues that was set to autostart again this season. Autostart is the default when starting a new league, so if life gets you busy the following year it can become a clerical error. The un-checking the box situation is right up there with the cut-and-paste component.

19. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Sorry, man. Things came together very quickly at the 13th hour this year. When I saw your note I had less than 24 hours to find another person to pair with you before the draft (you add and subtract teams in twos), and I just wasn't able to.

Definitely keep us pegged for next year. We'll have things back to normal schedule-wise.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    So what are we doing with @Ray D 's league? I see its full. Does anyone have any interest in doing that one as well? I am down with doing an extra team if there is enough interest from anyone else. Ray, you said your work schedule is crazy. I would be willing to run it if you want to manage a team, but not the whole league.

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I was away all month. Other members picked up my slack and ran leagues this year. I'm just a participant.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty much the same people that just drafted in Thors league are the people who are in Rays league. We didn’t have access so Thor started a new one.

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I know. Just seems like a waste. It's already set up. Thought it could be a secondary league to Thor's if anyone else wanted to do two teams.

24. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    @TuRnDoWnForWaTT are you seriously going to start Tyreek Hill this weekend after picking him up on waivers? It’ll probably put you in the final but it’s completely against the spirit of the league and the board. We all want to win but come on man, that’s not the way.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not sure I'm following you. Why would picking him up off waivers prevent me from using him?