1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Look at the video below. How long are you really thinking picket is holding the ball

You are starting to sound like a hater. I corrected you on looking around. And now this video below corrects you on timing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You are crazy, he looked at DJ all the way. He never looked to his left to see what was going on, on that side of the field.

Kenny is locking in on his receivers as soon as the ball is snapped. Safety's are just going to follow his eyes every play and know exactly where he is throwing the ball too.

Against Jacksonville, he never looked off his primary receiver.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Now I have to disagree. If Pickett would've held on too long he would've taken more sacks and hits than he did. He threw within 4-5 seconds, more within the window of opportunity to push the ball downfield and not get killed. I agreed that he tended to eye his receivers, but you're wrong here.

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Dozens of comments from these videos all saying the same thing...

"He was staring down each receiver for each throw. During the season those are easy picks.. hopefully he starts looking off defenders"

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Good thing statue Ben is gone. Trubisky has wheels which at this point he will be running off. Pickett can get away from pressure as well.

What a disappointment this offensive line has been so far.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So the drill uses trash cans in place of our offensive line. That’s eerily accurate.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Trubisky has done the same on most throws, but not a word is said.:shrug:
    I mentioned it in the 1st preseason game.:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    No, but young QBs have had their careers end before they ever got started from getting thrown into the fire behind a terrible oline. I'd settle for mediocre, but bottom 5 is recipe for disaster. Kenny isn't built like Ben.

9. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022

Kenny has all the tools we need. Yes, he's going to throw a bad pick or two but he will learn from it. The O line is a far greater issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That simply isn't true. He looked at other targets on at least three of those. Now if you want to say they are still protecting him by having him throw so many timing routes, with him often going to his first receiver, that's fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dozens of people looking for something to hate just like you. Yes, it is going to be tougher for him in the regular season. Yes, if he starts, they are going to have to open up more of the playbook for him at some point. But making quick decisions and throwing on time and accurately to open receivers is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had a guy put my fresh out of the deep frier fish on top of my ice cream

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My sister in law (old very slow and chatty) just said she is going to get a cashier job at the grocery

I’m not getting in that line

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Beerburgh

Jul 8, 2022
    He's got "it" and any fool can see it. It may take a full season, it may take just a few games, but he's going to make Steeler fans happy for a LONG time. Interacting with some of my friends that like other teams, they are so hoping it's not true as nobody outside of Steeler fans want to see us get our man so fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Conspiracy theory?

Just because everyone is saying he is staring down his receivers on every single pass play, doesn't mean it is true?

Please post one pass play where he looks away from his receiver after the ball is snapped. FYI. You will not find any from yesterday's game.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was looking at a different target 1st when He made the throw 2 DJ.
    I can actually give You 3 completions for a fact He was not looking 1st at the guy he threw 2. I promise. The others are hard 2 tell ....because some were open right away, and some were in the same vicinity, but for sure 3 times He was looking at a different target before completing a pass 2 another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No he didn't. Stared him down the whole way. Never looked to his right.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is why I asked if You actually watched the game. You can see on a big screen...in frame advance...Him 1st look 2 number 88 Pat F.... in about the middle of the field before going farther left 2 DJ

20. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Who the hell is everyone? And I already provided a throw for you. The td to DJ that got called back. He clearly held the safety in the middle of the field before throwing a great ball to DJ.

I'm beginning to think you're just looking for a hot take. You held on to your ridiculous Ogunjobi theory until that was clearly wrong. And now this? No one has ever said Pickett is perfect and maybe he does need to work on looking off his receivers but you used the word "terrible" to describe his play. You are literally the only person I've heard use that term. Either on here or in the national media.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also a few plays before that He does the same ...looks left 2 Pat, and then this time back 2 the middle of the field 2 Dj on another completion.

22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I guess we just simply disagree.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly what I seen...He 1st looks at 88 Pat in the middle of the field then quickly 2 DJ towards the left side in the end zone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Beerburgh

Jul 8, 2022

I bet you're a blast at parties. You act like he's already a bust. Go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Pickett's only incompletion last night was when he spiked the ball to stop the clock.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1