1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to post about Dobbs. I am very surprised it took so long. I was hinting about this Saturday night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, they really kept things simple for him. The rollouts limit him to two or three reads and take advantage of his mobility. I was also encouraged, but I want to see him with the training wheels off before I think he has a chance to be the starter in the opener. I still think it is much more likely Trubisky at least opens the season ahead of him.

3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Pickett got his first ever 1st team reps in a two minute drill. He drove em to the 14 before stalling out. It's prep for Jacksonville and not a potential depth chart change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nobody is forcing you to use a self checkout lane. And knowingly only scanning some of the items is stealing.
    Do you also whine like a big baby when you have to pump gas in your car yourself?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank the heavens for self checkout. I especially love to see a huge line with people with even just a couple of items not using the self checkout. I love it and hope people don't change as it only it helps me.

6. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Lot of people on here unsure if Rudolph can be better than what we've seen so far.

Lot of people on here unsure if Trubiski can be better than he was with the Bears.

Lot of people seem sure that Pickett shouldn't start the season.

I'm not so sure. I don't think I would hate it if the Pickett era started week one.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Went to lowes last week and there was one cashier working 1 of 6 non self check out lanes . There were 8 self check out lanes that the store felt the consumers should work themselves. About 22 employees standing around acting they are all doing something. After standing in the cashier lane for 20 minutes I feel as though I was forced into checking the items out myself. I scanned everything as I am not a thief (perhaps yet). If these huge box store warehouses are going to FORCE me (indirectly) to do their job then they will simply lose my business. Maybe they could offer a 10% discount for having us all do the jobs that nobody wants to do?

When I pump gas I just whine about the prices and how much oil is directly under my feet but some some idiots in Washington think it's better to buy it from countries that hate us instead.

End of rant.

I will let you resume your hall monitoring duties now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Lowes home improvement or the grocery store?
    BTW home depot sux more worser

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

Mason is still number two on the depth chart

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I aim for self checkout

I’m good at it and I’m quick

And yes I watch the people waiting in line

• Like Like x 3
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I miss the days of getting 5 out of the 6 glasses in the set because you missed a week

And the little red ball on my Antenna

• Like Like x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I love self checkout. Probably because I hate personal interaction as a matter of principle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Self check out lanes are great, unless you have a cart full of groceries, most stores these days only have like two cashiers lines working.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Soon, Kiosks and Robots will take over tons of jobs. Then we can just have the powers that be steal all our taxes to pay people to sit around, get fat and burn through their EBT cards that those of us who still have a work ethic pay for it.

Welcome to the Machine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know I'm horrible for saying this, but one thing keep hoping for is all fast food / restaurants (not really nice ones maybe) to have all the damn cooks be robots. I know that's horrible for the people, but I don't care. I hate my order being messed up.

It's so effen easy to see an order that says no mofocking mayo on my god damned burger and still it gets messed up. I will not pull away from a drive through until I have checked every damn order. And I go inside, I go to an empty table and check every damn thing.

I can't count how many times things are wrong or missing items. I just want people to take my card to pay and have me the food with my order done correctly by a robot. Thank you very much.

But I also hate people and think the majority are idiots. Would rather not have them cook my food. :)

But yeah hopefully with more automation comes other types of jobs, but I'm all for robots at least at fast food places. I choose robots in this case.

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He runs a tight ship..You better straighten up, or feel the wrath

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How does one do self checkout at Lowes when you have a half a dozen screws, half a dozen bolts, half a dozen nuts, half a dozen washers? Do you have to look up each individualized item ( 100 different types of each ) times it by 6, find the little bags...

C'mon,the stupid AF

• Like Like x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Back to the subject at hand. I think Rudolph gets traded and at this point probably wouldn't mind that. Idiots booing him before his first preseason snap. What kind of fan base is that?!?

Who do we slot at number three then? Kind of puts them in a bind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I knew You were, but nobody took the bait, or they didn't know what You were talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I refuse 2 use the self check out....for one reason only....there are people in this world that need those jobs, and that's really all they are qualified for., and depend on them. If everyone uses them....someone's old Aunt, Grandma, or other that needs that little bit of extra cash 2 get by will be without a job.

21. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    PINK FLOYD REF
    HAVE A CIGAR
    BOOM

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

fk grandma
    dont you dare put my raw chicken in the bag with
    anything

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hateful F**k.
    LoL

24. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Snot blew out my nose
    Butt seriously
    I dont care how their generation packed their bags
    LOL

25. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't argue with that and I think we know how here is a better person. :)

But for me, I hate people making my food incorrectly. I'll give up self checkout if I never have to deal with a human cook at a fast food joint again.

So with that, I, for One, Welcome Our New Robot Overlords!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1