1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to watch replays out of market?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I live “out of market” (Colorado) and I have a conflict most Sundays this year. I also am a cord cutter, so don’t have cable options. I usually find a feed to watch “live” online, but won’t be able to do that as much this year. NFL plus and NFL plus premium seem to only offer replays of local or national games, so that looks like no help. Any suggestions from the wisdom of the group for online access to replays of the games when you are out of market?

Thanks.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Day later, YouTube. And Pittsburgh Dad:)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’m in NC and routinely work Sundays. NFL GamePass lets me watch full-length as soon as the game ends, condensed ~1hr later, and All-22 perhaps a day later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah tested NFL+ so far and works good. I just had to disable show scores and all that. So it's perfect for us here since we won't watch any 10am PST games live. So just have to wait until 1pm PST to start watching.

Best thing is, you don't get any cut scenes or tickers for other games. At least not on during the preseason test. And works for me because usually I have to avoid all football since other games have tickers and updates. So now I can watch other morning games until my girl is ready to start watching the Pit game. Wish I had used that years ago.

And I've only tested the NFL+ premium option. That is 79 a year or 10 a month, you can get away with just paying 10 a month for 4 or 5 months. Only a couple of games in Jan but if only interested during football season then just pay monthly.

On an another thing, the replay is available like 10 minutes after the game and the condensed like 2-4 at least per the messaging I noticed on the app.

And one more, at least during preseason, when I watched the reply I don't think there were commercials so I didn't have to FF anything. Just awesome, hopefully the preseason experience continues into the regular season.

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Is this new service NFL+? Are you saying the entire game replay would be available in the afternoon if it was a morning game?

Last year I mainly watched the full game replays on youtube a couple of days later if I ever missed a game.

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    good to know, have been researching this myself.

I live in NC too, new resident and I am sure not many Steelers games will be shown here live. So - NFL Gamepass, is that an iPhone app? Can I get to it via my Smart TV and watch on TV? Works well for me too as I like to golf on Sundays - golf by day and football at dinner!!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    NFL app for the phone, NFL streaming channel on my Roku.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well it's game pass rebranded I guess. So if someone says Game Pass its now NFL+ I believe. But I didn't use Game Pass before but I believe functionality is the same.

But yeah just wait until the game has ended then you can watch the full reply. If the game is local and on local TV in your area, then you would have to watch it live. You wouldn't be able to start from the beginning. So just wait until the game is over, if you want to start from the start.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was able to watch on my PC as well but maybe due to NFL+ Premium as I think that allows more options maybe?

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Find you someone that is a student. And have them sign up as an nfl Sunday ticket. It's $125 and you just download an app on your phone, tablet, smart tv, Apple tv, etc etc.

11. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think NFL Sunday ticket applies for OP's use case since it sounds like he will be able to after the game.

For my use case. I already looked into and even went as far as to sign up for the local community college to get an edu.com email. So I can probably take that offer, but from reading about it. It seems to only be able to stream live.

Which I would do if if I was going to stream live, but my use case is I need it since most games are all this year at 10am PST or national TV. And I won't be watching until after the game except for the few times I'll go the bar to watch it live with my friends.

12. Steel Acorn

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks for all the info. I looked at NFL+ Premium, but was unsure from their description if the premium included replays of out-of-market games, as the description I read was not clear. Good to know it does, and no commercials!

I also read somewhere it is restricted to phone or tablet, as the app does not allow streaming, and it isn't available for a laptop. I guess I could plug my iPad into my TV through HTML and that might work.

Where do you find the game days later on YouTube?

13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Just regular free youtube. Search for Steelers full game
    upload_2022-8-16_16-47-36.png

14. Steel Acorn

Oct 17, 2011
    How did I not know about this, and doesn't the NFL crack down on this for "unauthorized use of this broadcast"?

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F....that ....I need it live as possible....Not the same thing 3 hours later. This isn't a movie....it's Steelers football. LoL

16. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    That’s my only issue with time-shifting: I’m not sure if I can still influence the game with all my superstitions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    "Fair Use." As long as one doesn't get money for the vids, it's fair game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    From a copyright law standpoint, YouTube rebroadcast is not considered a fair use.

19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

thanks for this. Is it available right away? Game ends at 4:20 and I show up, log in and want to view at 4:30? thanks for this thread, very helpful!!

20. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I mean 75% of YouTube is a copyright infringement then. So many Science and History Docs to complete albums on it.

21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    NFL+ has full and condensed.
    It’s part of the NFL app.

22. Steel Acorn

Oct 17, 2011
    NFL+ or NFL+ Premium? The descriptions indicate only live, local games are available on NFL+. NFL+ Premium seems to be required for replays of any game after they end -

From the website:
    NFL+ provides access to the live Regular Season and Postseason games that are available in your local TV market, from Kickoff to Super Bowl LVII. Regular season and postseason games are generally available on your phone or tablet. NFL+ also includes live out-of-market preseason games as well as live audio from every game of the season, on any device. With an NFL+ Premium subscription, you can watch full and condensed replays of every game on your schedule.

Replays also seem to be limited to certain devices:

The NFL App is supported on Android 10+ and iOS 13+.
    Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
    NFL Game Pass has been tested and optimized for the following devices:

• iOS 13+ phone
    • iOS 13+ tablet
    • Android 10+ phone
    • Android 710+ tablet
    • Apple TV
    • FireTV
    • AndroidTV
    • Roku (Domestic Only)

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    BB627B28-0DB0-4B4F-9A4B-4E7AC6A7D777.jpeg From my iPhone right now.
    I chose the $5 NFL+ plan.

EDIT: I wonder if what I’m seeing is another NFL+ mistake.
    Looks like I shouldn’t be able to see Replays with the $5 Plan.

Double EDIT!!

Premium Trial!
    They’re teasing me for a free week!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Old Game Pass/new NFL+ allow watching on any device. Last year had some issues with the Roku TV app so watched on my laptop. All games are available usually about 1/2 hour after the actual game ends whether on local, national or out of market. PLUS - and this to me is the biggest selling point, NFL+ offers archived games going back 10 years or more, at least they did last year with Game Pass. I recently spent a day just randomly pulling up Steeler games from the past not remembering the outcome. It's a blast. And even better yet, only $79 this year, $20 less than previous years. Just do it Acorn. :thumbs up:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This exactly. I just can't do it. I have faked being sick because of a game landing on a time I had 2 work. LoL