1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My Steelers 53 prediction..... Pre camp edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, I am not so sure of this, although I am sure the Steelers might not want the repercussions
    of cutting one of these players.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I hope they use a spot to keep Mason on the squad at least until the trade deadline.

By that time, they should know what they actually have in Trubisky and Matt Canada's offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    So, who is your backup Center? Who is going to be taking the 2nd team center snaps?

You going to make Green practice at the Center position again? Leglue?

I think we haven't heard the last of former Birmingham Iron(AAF) player J. C. Hassenauer.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Has not Daniel's had some experience at C as well. I think that's a problem for JC. If he is not flex as a g as well I don't think he makes the cut. Likely could be a vet exempted PS player.

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If I see Daniels playing center, I am going to be pissed. Daniels should be the leader of the offensive line, play all 17 games at guard and make the Pro Bowl.

I think one of those Tackles (Leglue/Haeg) gets bumped down to the practice squad for JC to play center. (3 Tackles, 3 Guards, 2 Centers)

I am still hoping for a trade that spends some of the cap money and brings in a big time Tackle to cement the line. Left or Right I don't care, I think an upgrade is possible on either side. I know Orlando Brown just turned down an extension from the Chiefs, but that would cost us everything we had in the bank and a little bit more.

EDIT: To Add: I don't know how I would feel if the Steelers traded DJ straight across to the Chiefs for Orland Brown?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I did see where JC actually started a couple of games a G and leglue has had some C experience. Not commentingvgmhoe good they are lol...just that there is that experience. To have the extra game day players they need to keep 8 ol on the 53. Interesting to see how this works out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm really open to a trade to bolster the OL, or a post-cut pickup. But mannnn. If Daniels is our C, then we got problems. And I'm not totally convinced that Cole is much better than Green at C. I'm almost more comfortable with this: LT: Chuks, LG Daniels, C JC, RG Cole/Dotson/Green, RT Moore. That's obviously not an ideal lineup. But it mostly has Chuks, Daniels and Moore in their more natural positions. If we can get a C via trade or post-cut pickup, I'm far more comfortable with this OL. It's still better than it was this time last year. But once we get past this season, we'll have another $40m to spend and a draft to get this line together. It's at least heading in the right direction.

• Like Like x 3
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Cole would end up on the ground as much as Green was last season.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I doubt Green would either

He’s no longer a rookie :dontknow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Who cares. The point was Rudolph = Jones.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chris owens from alabama, the UDFA is even listed as a center. he and leglue can play multiple positions. this will be interesting to watch if they keep them as backups for game day. those are the guys that can go in at near any spot if there is an injury during the game. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. steelcityfanatic

steelcityfanatic Active Member

Mar 17, 2022
    I think its hilarious all of you really think Mason may not make the team. You're all going to be really salty when he is starting week 1

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We are like that already

Only chance Mason starts week 1 is if Mitch is hurt

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't agree.
    I was pleased at the Rudolph signing, but L. Jones made Me scratch My head. I watched both play college ball....
    Here's another thing....Ben wasn't bothered by Jones.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger was younger and more secure in his role when Jones was drafted in 2013. I get your point. Rudolph is better, though I'm not sure how much better. I'm not sure there was ever any real talk of Jones being an eventual replacement for Roethlisberger. He was there to be the backup. Even Roethlisberger realized that having a decent backup could help him win. The situation was different with Rudolph. Roethlisberger had to know his window was closing and the team used a third-round pick on a guy who would be a candidate to replace him rather than an asset to help the team immediately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

Interesting

It's a very good problem to have. I have to think Loudermilk makes the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The praise Tomlin has been giving Loudermilk makes that likely. Depending on Adams injury he may go IR with possible return..it not I can see them keeping 7

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It just may come down to space. X amount of WRs vs Y amount of DL. Could also see a salary dump in play as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    based on what's going on in camp, Rudolph is outperforming Mitch, if this keeps up through Saturday...Rudy is leapfrogging Mitch for sure. Glad Steelers didn't pay too much for him.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tough cut down for wr/Te good players will be moving along.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Loudermilk will make the team. He has been reported to be not just bigger but also better entering year two. Outside of Dan Moore Jr, Isaiah was a player I was most hopeful for heading into year two. If anything, Isaiah is still the least of my concerns of the defense; never mind the Interior Defensive Lineman as a whole.

Devin Bush Jr?! Saturday's starting lineup will be very fascinating indeed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You can put this in the book: One of these guy will be on the IR to start the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Ilb will be fascinating to watch. There has been little word but I did read Johnson is having a good camp, ug3 was just waived..injury again, but read earlier this week he was having his best camp do far. I know Robinson is a Longshot at best..any word on his development?

25. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, I think Adams goes to IR. If all 7 are healthy and productive after that, we keep 7 (unless they trade someone - you don't cut talent).

• Like Like x 1