1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Teague added

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    McFarland crash into the line? Be nice if he did not stumble 3 yards before the line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I pity the fool who tries to tackle this guy

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I can see Master Teague making the team but he will have a tough hill to climb should Anthony McFarland continue to impress at camp. Regarding if the Steelers are smarter than the Bears, allow me to ask you one aspect. This is Justin Fields' second season correct?!

Sans Darnell Mooney... who else does Fields have that is a capable Offensive Weapon on the perimeter?! Compare that to the likes of Kenny Pickett who will have no shortage of weapons when he starts. From where I sit, the Steelers have given Pickett just about all he needs to succeed whenever his time comes. I cannot say the same for the Bears who look like they are trying to get Fields on IR as quickly as possible.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    That's one hell of an organization they're running up there in Chicago. Just wait until Mitch looks good here. ;)

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:hi:

Was just simply responding to the comment of concern. :)

Personally speaking, while I do not believe that Mitch will ever be able to live up to his number two overall pick slot, I do believe that there is still considerable talent to work with him. Remember that Mitch not only made the Pro Bowl in his second season but also came within two double bounces of a Field Goal to defeat the Eagles; a team that had won the Super Bowl the year before. After 2018 though, everything within that Org was essentially mismanaged though Matt Nagy severely eroded as not just a play caller but also Head Coach after that season as well.

Now yes, the reports coming out have not been for what I would have hoped for Mitch. However, I am not throwing in the towel on him just yet. The Steelers stability versus the Bears stability do not exist within the same Universe and never mind galaxy or even planet. If there is still one major aspect I do have concern with Mitch is how long he will have time to throw.

Much like @KnoxVegasSteel and I have alluded to, the Offensive Line is something to have pause over; doubly so in the tackles. For me, I do believe that Dan Moore will be much better though I cannot say how much more. As for Chuks... he is what he is at this point; a solid Right Tackle but nothing more than that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Every time I see the name of this thread, I keep thinking we signed a Rap Artist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What other Bears can we sign? I hope we don't become the Bears East as the Cardinals have become the Steelers West.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1