1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Diontae Johnson is Having a Great Career.........And You Guys are Missing it!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hey you finally came over to my side of the fence on this. The fact that DJ is in camp means something is going on with the Steelers front office and DJ's side.

If the Steelers had already told him "No", he wouldn't be doing this "Hold-In". He would either be there in full pads or he wouldn't be there at all

Also, Orland Brown Jr reported to the Chiefs training camp yesterday to sign his Tag with the Chiefs. Maybe today we will see if he is actually practicing and officially off the trade market.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I look over the fence every once in a while

I just said holding out would be a dumb thing to do and it would have been and he didn’t

And I said he doesn’t have any leverage and he doesn’t

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t think he can just go play in the xfl or usfl while under contract. Also I don’t think he’s unhappy with the nfl. He’s unhappy with the Steelers. It’s a difference. Can people stop making his issue with the Steelers a league wide thing.[/QUOTE]
    This is the part you have trouble understanding

He opted to go into the NFL

It absolutely is a league wide thing

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He works for part of the nfl the Steelers are not a stand alone company the NFL makes the rules

He agreed to the rules

He can go to McDonalds or MLB if he wants

5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While D.Johnson may have had some great stats last year, unfortunately a lot of those numbers were put up during garbage time with prevent defense schemes. The same prevent defense schemes that make so many fans believing Ben had a few years left in him. Anyway, Johnson, while a good receiver and dependable, he is not an elite receiver that should be paid elite WR money. Especially with the talent we drafted this season why would we want to lock ourselves in and not be able to pay Pickens or Claypool (if he can back up his top tier WR talk).

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

He shouldn't have signed the contract if he didn't like it in the first place then.
    For some reason you think he's entitled to certain things. That's the part you're not understanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    The ONLY post on this thread that is relevant. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Most of their games were close last year, thats why us fans white knuckle every weekend.

Only games that stand out to me where it wasn’t close was Chargers, Bengals and Vikings. And Chargers they actually got back in that game so Chargers were playing to the end that game.

DJ earns his stats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What in the world are you talking about?

I was at the Chiefs regular season game last year, and that game was over in the 1st QTR. My brother who is a huge Chief fan wanted to know if I would comeback for the Playoff game, and I was like "No thanks One Chief beatdown was enough for me this year" Anytime there are no injuries and you get to see both backup QBs play, you know you are at a Blow-Out.

I still remember "chilling" at the Chiefs Playoff game in the 2016 season when L'Bell ran all over their defense. Ice Storm delayed the start of the game in Kansas City. Everyone around us just assumed that that was going to be the Chiefs year.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Sue me, I didnt remember every game off the top of my head, I missed one. Still doesnt equate to DJ padded his stats in garbage time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Any follow-up to this today? Was DJ a full participant at camp today on Tuesday?

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    i said ALMOST. That means not every single job. Learn how to read before trying to correct.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    This is the part you have trouble understanding

He opted to go into the NFL

It absolutely is a league wide thing[/QUOTE]

i didn’t say that. Someone else did

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    the mlb would be a great option.

17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The more this plays out, the more I think trade will be the final outcome. I have no doubt that the Steelers want to keep him and no doubt that DJ wants to stay here. Both sides are very far apart in negotiations and DJ's agent is calling the shots. I don't think that his agent is wrong; his agent is seeing the market and believes in a set value; the same way I don't think the Steelers are wrong. It happens, and business isn't personal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    KC X2 and bengirls X2. we also had the struggling browns and ravens twice. that's 10 out of 18 games that weren't really close. a couple of games DJ had an early big game only to disappear the rest of the way. not sure if it was ben not going back to him or what but i thought that was strange the way he started off a few. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    DJ is the only good WR on the roster right now. I think Pickens will be a stud but he's yet to play a down. Claypool is garbage, Calvin Austin probably won't see the field much. The Steelers need to pay DJ the market value. He's a good WR that's been stuck with Rudolph, Hodges, Old Ben.. and still put up numbers. one year of a lot of drops. He's gonna get DK Metcalf type of money somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The lack of respect that DJ gets from some members of this fan base is beyond me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't think it's so much lack of respect as You think.
    I Like Him a lot. I just want 2 see Him with Whomever is going 2 be the new Qb before they sink all that money into Him......I'm beating a dead Horse with this comparison, but as Great as AB was.....when Ben wasn't playing in like (I believe 18 games) AB had one 100 yard game,and NO tds. Different Qbs see things different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Could be, but you need a team with cap room and one DJ will play for. Cap room can be made, but unless he feels he can strike a deal and it's a team he wants to sign with there will be no trade. He does not have to show and the Steelers don't have to take a lousy offer. Jell just letting him play out and go FA likely nets a 3rd rounder in 2024.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    1st Browns game: one score difference (15-10), with the Steelers trailing going into the 4th Q
    2nd Browns game: one score difference going into the 4th quarter (13-7)
    1st Ravens game: one point difference (20-19), with the Steelers trailing going into the 4th Q
    2nd Ravens game: went into overtime

Your definition of "not really close game" is different than for most people.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So you think hopkins or Andre Johnson are better than Jerry Rice because they played great without a great qb and Jerry always had 1?

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    with an injured qb for the browns and a backup for the ravens. :cool: