1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Ogunjobi Visiting Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jun 21, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This just keeps getting dumber

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    DB6A1044-0D09-4400-873D-88557307DEB6.jpeg

Brice island someplace east of Saint Farts in the Caribbean

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are already wrong. There is absolutely no way they signed any free agent without giving them a physical. To be clear, passing a physical can mean different things. Passing a physical could mean that this foot is where they expect it to be at this point in the recovery, not that it is 100 percent healed. It is certainly possible that he might have a setback. They happen, and foot injuries are tricky. I provided an example of this above.

You made a losing argument. You conceded it, then changed your tune and doubled down again. Are you just bored and trying to find a way to drag this out?

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please show us where in this article Noah Strackbein credits Dulac as his source to claim that Ogunjobi passed a physical. I don't see it. It seems as if you are making one of those assumptions you warned others about.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-larry-ogunjobi-contract-details

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re not on an island you’re in the middle of the ocean and sinking fast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is the article that he pasted Dulac's Tweet into. After that he used that tweet to write your article where he proclaimed him healthy.

Everyone reads Dulac's tweet to mean Larry was given a physical and passed it, but his tweet does not exactly say that. People are just assuming it does.

It'll take some wise ass in the Pittsburgh Media to actually ask the Question to the Steelers if Larry Ogunjobi was required to take a physical and pass it before signing with Pittsburgh after he failed his initial Physical with the Bears. The Bears believed they had to cancel his entire contract to protect themselves from making a huge mistake in signing Larry.

Be back in 5 weeks to see if Larry Ogunjobi is ready to go or if Khan's rush to sign him has completely screwed the Steelers this year. Sorry Tomlin haters you can't blame Tomlin for this one.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    That statement just proves that you just want to be right at all costs. You're trying to throw the brand spanking new G.M. under the bus for something you can't possibly know at this time. You must really dislike him. Sounds to me like you want Khan to fail, therefore rooting against this signing. It's becoming clear you're one of "those" Steeler fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe they gave Him a physical.....The question comes in on.....How right are the doctors about the time frame of the injury lasting, and how they think the injury will heal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He wrote another article that does not cite Dulac. Clearly, you can't prove your accusation that he was basing his information entirely on that one Tweet from Dulac. You tried to lecture others about making assumptions, yet your new premise is based entirely on an assumption, thus adding hypocrisy to your inaccuracy.

You are also clearly desperate for Ogunjobi to still be injured when camp starts, which is sad because it still wouldn't prove you right. He could have a setback between now and then, which would be the far more likely possibility than the Steelers signing someone without putting him through a physical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Joe Haden our best corner in 15 years also played for the 0-16 Browns

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    How stupid can Kahn be! It is all Bonus money. If Larry doesn't play a single down he still gets it all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Salary Cap | Over the Cap

upload_2022-6-29_19-4-9.png

And you all called me crazy!

Actually I am hoping someone out there can prove me wrong and this is not all signing bonus money with no incentives attached.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You really suck at this.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Unlike you, he can actually spell Khan, so that's something.

What Ogunjobi actually gets isn't the issue. Cap flexibility in the short and long term is the issue, and Khan knows a hell of a lot more about that than you do. What you wrote that was crazy was your ridiculous assertion that the Steelers didn't give Ogunjobi a physical before signing him.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I doubt anyone here is calling you

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Read this article slowly

Try to learn

It should clear up your confusion but I have my doubts

And this happened after the team ortho doctor made an evaluation of his current and projected status

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...g-steelers-shows-bears-missed-opportunity?amp

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-larry-ogunjobi-continues-rehab/

Do you hope to be healthy by week 1?

“Yes”

“Thats the goal,” Ogunjobi continued. “You know we’re just going to take it week by week. Rehab is going really well. I’m getting better each and every week. We have a plan in place to you know have me ready when you know live bullets are flying. You know again excited. Just trying to get healthy and 100% and all of that good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Brice there is now Non refutable proof he not only had a physical but has a complete medical rehab plan

Also proof of the excellent job of signing him

Glenn was right Glenn was right ….

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sorry I don't see it in this quote about him passing a physical given to him by the Steelers before he signed the contract.

I did read the article top to bottom and never does he say anything about taking a physical for the Steelers.

"We have a Plan"; who is "We". Him and his doctors, him and his Agent, or him and the Steelers?

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sorry, I will try to be nicer to KHAN.

But, if Khan doesn't sign DJ and we start the season with the lowest offensive payroll in the league and still have 18+ million in available cap space, I am going to lose it again!

And, I will try not to be a total dick to Khan and his supporters when Larry Ogunjobi starts the season on the IR.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s hard to help those who won’t help themselves

• Like Like x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Go ahead and be a dick. You've fought so valiantly for that right. Your lone voice will be easily drowned out. Besides, if your wrong you can damn sure bet you're going to hear about it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Whether or not you are nice to the guy is irrelevant. That you can't even spell the last name of the Steelers' general manager makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. Of course, that tracks with most of what you have posted on this thread.

You have been wrong from the jump. You falsely claimed that they signed him without giving him a physical. That has been proven untrue. You insist that he didn't pass the physical. That is also untrue. Now, in your ignorance, you fail to see that passing a physical does not mean that his foot is 100 percent healed right now. It really just means that they believe it is healed enough to go forward with the signing.

There is always risk in signing a player coming off an injury. Risk creates opportunity. The Steelers had the opportunity to sign Ogunjobi at a bargain price and Khan took it. At worst, it is a one-year risk with significant upside.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Feel me in on what's going on.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Where are you getting this info? I have yet to read or watch and interview where someone was asked the direct question, if Larry passed a physical given to him by the Steelers medical staff before signing his contract. Sorry, but I am holding out for this question to be answered with a "Yes" or No". The longer he sits and is not an "Active" member of the Steelers the closer we are to someone actually asking this question. That last article posted here is sounding more and more likely he is going to start the season on the IR, and then someone may actually ask the question to Tomlin or Khan about Larry's precontract physical exam.

So, I am not backing down until I read it in black in white that Khan had him take a physical by a team doctor before signing his 1 year $8 million contract.

I am not buying the argument that if he signed a contract then we have to assume he was given a medical exam by the Steelers Team Doctors. I believe Khan rushed the process and skipped the physical because he was completely played by Larry Ogunjobi's Agent.

If you see that Q&A in an article please post it here.