1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What have I missed?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steellamb86, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Hey guys....it has been a LONG time. I stepped away from ALL sports in 2020 (personal reasons), but I am thinking about starting to watch football again. I miss cheering on my Steelers.

I just glanced through the current roster and there are a lot of players I don't know. I think our defense has been good (correct?), but I see that Ben retired which means we are re-building at the QB spot...that can't be good.

Can anyone give me a quick "catch-up" on the current status of the team? Are we expecting anything good this year without a QB?

Appreciate the insight guys...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You have missed 35,000 Tomlin sucks posts. Beyond that the standard is still the standard here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 11
    • Like Like x 5
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Since Ben is gone we have a very interesting season coming up. Your guess is as good as anyone's as to who will be under center when we open in Cincy. I'm thinking our new guy we got from Bears. Guessing you know we drafted what we all hope will be our next franchise QB.

IMO the key to a decent season rest on the running game which means Najee Harris and our O-line. If we have trouble running the ball regardless who is under center we will get eaten for lunch. Now should we have a decent run game that takes a ton of pressure off Trub, Pickett or Mason.

• Like Like x 2
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    35,000? That's just from one guy!
    I think Trubisky will be adequate. Najee is really good, just needs some better blocking. TJ is a beast. Heyward is still really good....... I'm thinking 2nd in the division behind Bengals.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Because of last year I give the 'gals the nod, they have made improvements as well. But now they have a target on their back and those many close games can easily go the other way. Not saying it will, but it's among season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome back

Ben stepped away from playing quarterback about the same time you went on pause so you didn’t miss much

Tomlin hasn’t had a loosing season in 15 straight years and for some reason half of the people want to fire him when this is mentioned

Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game in 5 years and this makes almost the other half want to fire him

Offensive line was horrible last year but they have made some additions

Maybe it will achieve mediocre

Run defense last year was horrible but they have made some additions

Maybe it will achieve mediocre

We have two first round draft picks playing on defense Bush and Edmunds who can’t even achieve mediocrity

We have a quarterback let go by two teams a quarterback taken in the first round with midget hands and a quarterback who was the best chance for starter when Ben retired and now he’s fighting for a backup job

Running back Harris is very good

TE Freiermuth has potential to be good

Everything else is posted above

• Like Like x 3
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :lolol::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And 4 sets of brothers are currently on the team. I don't know if any other NFL team has even come close to this.

The Davis, Edmunds, Heyward, and Watt Brothers are all currently on the roster.
    https://www.steelers.com/team/players-roster/

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well said!

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t know if you’ve heard or not, but the Steelers are so dumb that they now sign players to contracts without giving them a physical first.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Actually that's against NFL policy. I have no idea how they determine the legitimacy of a physical, especially after he had failed one recently, but he had to have one and the results are sent to the league. Falsified info could be fines, lost draft picks, and even suspensions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You may be explaining this to the wrong person :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is 3 months considered recent?

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m hoping the OP doesn’t take two years to check his responses

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Stick around cause in about 7 years we will still hear the infamous "But he's never had a losing season" comments.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Great Movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like You do.
    I respond 2 You, and a month later get a response....it will be so long I forgot what it was about . LoL

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    On my phone at least if I don’t check for a day only the last few alerts seem to show up

Be thankful you don’t send me email

A friend from grade school sent me a nice hello email

I responded the other day

It was 14 months after he sent his

He joked pony express could have got there quicker

This message board is basically my only contact with the outside world I do no social media and little email

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Same as me this is the only social media I am on. I don't have a computer or laptop and don't even have an e-mail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not according to @Brice

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    There are no NFL physical requirements to sign a contract.

There is a requirement to pass a physical before being allowed to begin preseason from the CBA. This is why there is no contact during OTAs.

NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement
    Article 39
    Players’ Rights To Medical Care and Treatment

Section 8
    Standard Minimum Preseason Physical

Each player will undergo the standardized minimum preseason physical examination and tests outlined in Appendix K, which will be conducted by the Club physician(s) as scheduled by the Club. A copy of the Preseason Physical exam results will be provided to the player via the player’s Electronic Medical Record. No Club may conduct its own individual testing for anabolic steroids and related substances or drugs of abuse or alcohol.
    2020-CBA-Standard-Minimum-Preseason-Physical-Examination.pdf (nflps.org)

I guess you are wrong again SteelerGlenn. SteelerGlen is wrong again... SteelerGlenn is wrong again. Hey that has a nice ring to it. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You may wanna read that again and then think about it.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At what grade level do you read

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Sounds like we are headed for a mediocre season?...good time to come back. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing my team play again. What about the draft this year?...anyone we are excited to see? I see they took a QB in the first round (that has not happened in a while). I did see the comment last night on NFL Network about the Steelers having (4) sets of brothers....that is crazy!

• Like Like x 1