1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Ogunjobi Visiting Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you really think they didn’t have him take a physical, including an examination of his foot? Seriously?

2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Holy crap dude are you that ****ing goofy?
    do you really believe that they would give him a contract without a physical?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What grade are you in

Obviously you are new to learning about pro football

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ve learned over the years that if something sounds too far-fetched then it probably is. These guys are always looking for the big score. You know the old
    “I told you the Steelers don’t know what they’re doing”

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You should try Google

This information was available 4 days ago

10. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    All good. I ain't here to start no trouble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You really think they signed him to a contract worth up to 8 million with incentives, and not have him pass a physical :rolleyes:?

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Oh no, I am being the complete idiot here on this one... Because I still do not believe he is healthy and I don't believe he ever passed a physical for the Steelers! This is Khan's big reach of the year that is going to blowup in his face.

I believe come the 1st day of training camp we will start hearing rumors about his foot, and then different reasons trying to explain why he is going to start the season on IR.

The Bears absolutely loved this kid and could not praise him enough when they signed him to his 3 year $40.5 million contract. They would not have voided his contract so easily if there wasn't something really wrong with him.
    “Larry embodies everything we are looking for in a Chicago Bear,” Poles said. “(It’s) his leadership, toughness, energy and violent style of play, on top of being so dominant at his position. We feel fortunate to add him to our front to set the tone for our defense.”

I will be eating crow on this one if he starts week 1 for the Steelers or plays more than 10 games this season. And I may need to also bump this thread if things go the other way too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is absolutely fair to be concerned that his foot will give him trouble all season. Foot injuries are tricky.

Your claim that the team didn't give him a physical, however, was ridiculous. Now you are doubling down by implying that the Steelers are lying about him passing a physical, which is equally ridiculous. It is absolutely possible that he passed a physical now, but issues could pop up later when he tries to return to his normal activities.

I've mentioned on the board previously that I have been through three surgical procedures on my foot. It was supposed to be one, but there were issues that popped up during the recovery both times. The second surgery, which they called a revision, involved the insertion of a metal plate to stabilize the foot. Months later and well into my physical therapy, I still had some soreness, but they were ready to clear me. At my last follow-up appointment, the doctor wasn't even planning to do an X-ray, but he did one just to be safe. They found one of the screws inserted with the plate had backed out. Another had broken. They had to go back in to remove both.

This demonstrates both how foot issues can be unpredictable and that he could pass a physical, but still have issues later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently

15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is the quote that Noah and everyone else is using from Dulac to prove that Larry passed a physical from the Steelers.

But, it doesn't actually say that Larry was ever examined by the Steelers medical staff and then passed his physical does it?
    upload_2022-6-27_18-34-56.png

I still want to see the details of his contract; how much of the $8 million is guaranteed? This should tell us something about how the Steelers feel about his health.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I bet you’re a hoot at parties. Not!

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol. Sometimes you just have to know when to admit you were wrong. This is one of those times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Quit making crap up to cover your mistake

Admit you are wrong and move on

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Dude, seriously. You say this then fire up the entire conversation again just to take your original stance? Well, can't say I didn't try.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Give it 5 weeks until he shows up to training camp injured, and then I will not be the only one asking "Did the Steelers really give him a physical before he signed the contract".

Everyone is just assuming the Steelers made him take a physical before signing his contract.

Right now I am the crazy person all alone on my island. If Larry shows up to training camp injured and unable to practice and then starts the season on the IR; something tells me I won't be alone on my island for long.

I have already said that if Larry shows up 100% healthy for camp, than I am 100% wrong about this.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Someone needs to clean off the tinfoil hat

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I feel like all you're trying to do is set yourself up to give us all a big "I told you so!". Not one person here has said they expect him to show up 100% healthy. Nor did anyone really give a strong opinion that he would start the season. Everyone appears to be as guardedly optimistic as you yet you're the only one arguing the validity of the physical. First you say you can't find an article stating they gave him one so I provided that for you. You accepted that, yet then continued to argue your point, essentially calling either the media or the Steelers themselves liars. You're being argumentative just so you can be right months from now if he doesn't start the season? Sounds as though you have some confidence issues you need to work through. Be a damn man and admit you were wrong about the physical. If more information was to surface to the contrary, I will gladly admit that I am.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You won't have 2. If He starts, and plays....Someone will do it for You. LoL

24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He can show up less than 100% for camp and still have had and passed his physical. I understand that people think that their team/organization is dumber than the average for one reason or another, but this is a weird one. Physicals for FA signees are so much of a formality that it would be hard to believe that one was negligently skipped (especially for a player that just failed one for another team). The Steelers are worth approximately 3.4 Billion dollars. That’s not the type of mistake you see happen with an organization like the Steelers. I know stranger things have happened, but that would be such a ridiculously unlikely mistake to have happen here.

Also the 100% healthy by camp thing is weird. He very obviously passed a physical while less than 100%. All that means is that the doctors feel good about a certain level of health by an arbitrary date set by the Steelers. That could be camp. It could be preseason, or week1, etc. Who knows. But the date is set by the team, not you. It wouldn’t be concerning at all if he is less than 100% at beginning of camp. I would only start to worry if he was missing games without a set timeline given by the organization, and even in this scenario I wouldn’t question whether or not a physical took place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Unfortunately I had to take that back, because all the author was doing was misquoting the Gerry Dulac tweet.
    The article you posted was based on Dulac's tweet, which does not state that a member of the Steelers Medical Staff gave Larry a physical and he passed it. Sorry I looked into the writer and found another article where he posted Dulac's tweet. It was the previous article than the one you quoted. https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/larry-ogunjobi-healthy-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp

And, unless Kahn comes forward and admits to rushing to sign Larry by not having him sit-down with someone on the Steelers medical staff for a physical, I will not be able to prove that Kahn got played by Ogunjobi's Agent.

After this goes south someone in the Steeler Media may reach out to a few people on staff to find out if there was ever an actual physical given. Then I Could have my "I told you so" moment if they were able to prove that Larry never actually had to complete a physical before signing the contract.

Larry not showing up to training camp at 100%, is not proof that Kahn got suckered into a contract with a guy that never passed his physical. It is just the first step.

The Bear's quote says volumes about what Chicago thought about Larry's ability to ever return to the field. "This is difficult and it is emotional for everyone involved, but ultimately is what is in the best interest of protecting the Chicago Bears."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1