1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Ogunjobi Visiting Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jun 21, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well hell.....can't stop the run on that. Well I guess He could push it into someone. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    At a minimum? He turns in to Tuitt 2.0 and we never see him hit the field in 2022. A quality Depth DL is not the floor.

Stil injured when training camp starts.
    Starts the season on the IR.
    Expected to comeback after the Bye week and doesn't
    Expected to return late in the season to get ready for the playoffs and doesn't.

The biggest negative to me is that we are now out of the DL trade market because of a player we know right now is not 100% healthy.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Trying to go shopping in the dollar discount bin rarely works but the Steelers will keep dumpster diving with Mitch!

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think they were ever in the DL trade market.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe He means they maybe satisfied enough now... not 2 even look elsewhere. Of course I'm putting words into His mouth, but that's what I got out of it.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s a lot of negative speculation bro. But that’s kinda what you do though.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another negative complainer.

8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Unlike the all too familiar Positive Complainer?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    At best the Steelers found their Matthew Stafford; at worst the Steelers have someone capable until Pickett is ready mid-season. It's a win/win.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Matthew Stafford is 5X the QB Mitchell is

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now not 2 be a complaining Christopher, but that's not even close 2 the worst it could be.

13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Sorry, but your worst-case scenario of a "quality backup" was kind of pathetic, considering he had just failed his physical with the Bears a couple months ago.

I am hoping the Steelers will not be out that much if he does not play at all for them in 2022. Hope there are a lot of incentives in his contract that he will never see, if the Bears medical staff is right about his injury.

Bears general manager Ryan Poles released the following statement:

"As I said before, Larry Ogunjobi embodies everything we are looking for in a Bear. He is a special person and player. During the league's negotiating window earlier this week, we agreed to terms with him, subject to him passing a physical here. After a standard and thorough physical and medical review with Larry yesterday afternoon, our medical team deemed him to have failed his physical and therefore, unfortunately, we are not signing him today. This is difficult and it is emotional for everyone involved, but ultimately is what is in the best interest of protecting the Chicago Bears."

I am thinking more along the lines of Zach Banner 2.0; where you just keeping asking every week where is Banner and why isn't he back already.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know that people heal from injuries right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And sometimes people never heal completely from their injuries. Just ask any college or pro athlete who had to call it quits because of a little injury that never healed right.

Knee and foot injuries are injuries that can just never seem to heel correctly no matter how much PT you do.

When talking about the "Lisfranc Injury" it is said 6-8 weeks recovery without surgery, 11-13 months with surgery. Most articles conclude with this. "Unfortunately, the athlete does not always return to their pre-injury form"

Q: How much "Quality Depth" do you get from a guy sitting on the IR?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Let me see do I trust the Steelers that have doctors who have personally examined the player and have access to his medical records or do I trust Brice?
    Man this is a tough decision.

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I saw Adam Rank on the NFL Network going over the Steelers schedule today to predict their season record. He had the Steelers starting the season 1-4 under Trubisky and then being replaced by Pickett. He then had Pickett leading the Steelers to a 7-4-1 record to finish the season 8-8-1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Drugs will cause you to say things like that

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He went over the entire league, I didn't watch all of it but he had the Chiefs not even making the playoffs. Rank even said that the Titans will win their regular season game against the Bengals "just as they defeated the Bengals in the playoffs last year"!
    It still amazes me that people that are so bad at their jobs get paid a lot of money for being so wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, that is why I quoted the article from the Chicago Bears. Funny, I didn't see anywhere where he actually had to pass a physical for the Steelers.

Bears general manager Ryan Poles released the following statement:

"After a standard and thorough physical and medical review with Larry yesterday afternoon, our medical team deemed him to have failed his physical and therefore, unfortunately, we are not signing him today. This is difficult and it is emotional for everyone involved, but ultimately is what is in the best interest of protecting the Chicago Bears."

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Man I freaking hope not

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Isn't Adam from Chicago???

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You know I can't find a single article stating that the Steelers gave Larry Ogunjobia a physical and he passed it. Just a lot of people assuming this happened before he signed.

Where are you getting your info that the Steelers personally examined Larry and that he passed his physical?

I would assume that he would have to pass some type of in person physical before signing a contract, but that is just an assumption. I did read in an article where the Steelers do not have to give any health reports for another 5 weeks for the PUP list.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's called common sense. You should try some. That's why your posts are always so wacky.
    What do you think they're shopping for players on Amazon?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    There you go again making stuff up. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!

You do not know for a fact that the Steelers did perform a physical, but you reported that they did do one in your post.

SteelerGlenn said:
    Let me see do I trust the Steelers that have doctors who have personally examined the player and have access to his medical records or do I trust Brice?
    Man this is a tough decision.

Let me guess you never have a link to any of your Common Sense threads, or may be you just don't know how to provide a link?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022