1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Ogunjobi Visiting Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Unless they got a large enough discount to take the risk that he will be ready to contribute this season, if not from the start of training camp.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    couple months isn't much time to heal more. Not sure what the surgery entailed but I'm a little concerned. The Steelers would have had him do a physical right?

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No team would sign a player without putting him through a physical, but they may be taking on some risk with a player who is not fully healed because they are getting him at a discount. Let's see how much money he got before we say much either way. I'm definitely concerned by the guy having a foot injury that required surgery. So much can go wrong with a foot surgery and if your foot isn't right, it compromises your entire lower body. I know that well from personal experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You can’t be serious

Guy had a deal with the bears fall through because he couldn’t pass a physical. He won’t even be on the roster to start the year. Aaron Donald??!! Wtf

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Donald comparison was ridiculous, but your assertion assumes a lot that isn't in evidence.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    This is a pretty decent signing, pending the values.
    Larry Ogunjobi gives Pittsburgh a veteran presence besides Heyward and allows Leal some time.
    I'm a little concerned with his 3 teams (4 - Clev, 1 Cincy and now Pitts) but a 1-year deal is really good and worth a look.
    Add in the fact the Steelers 2021 Defense was somewhere near the worst in history against the run.

The foot injury I am not too worried about. He was injured late, in the playoffs.
    The Steelers can platoon guys in his spot until he is good to go.
    BUT.. I spent a lot of time in Washington, and I've seen so many players brought in that were 'dinged up' and collect a paycheck while sitting at home on the couch watching the game. So, I am, a bit on the pessimistic side.

I hope Ogunjobi plays well and maybe he earns a 4 year deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    From surgery in mid January to camp in mid July is half a year. That is a lot of time to heal a foot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Good signing if he can get on the field healthy, that lisfranc surgery is a difficult and niggly one to come back from by all accounts.

They have reasonable depth now but you’d have to wonder how much Ogunjobi and Alualu will be able to contribute given they are coming off serious injuries.

Wormley, Loudermilk and Adams will all probably have to play a lot of snaps, good roster / rotational players but none of them are what you’d want as starters really

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If he can play up to his level this is a good signing with little risk.

Makes our defensive line much better.

Crazy to think that he will now have played for 3 of the 4 AFC North teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The problem with that is they have no way of knowing if it will be healed in a couple months. They brought him here because they need his help, so if he isn’t healthy now I imagine they would have signed a different player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I certainly hope they would put him through a physical. If he is limited in playing this year then it reflects very poorly on our team Doctors and Khan. There were other healthy options out there and we have the cap room to have signed whoever we wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

Was mentioned earlier here but do you think he will be cool with mason? Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    His hatred for Rudolph is so great that he took a discount to get a shot at him every day in practice

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    He signed a 40mil deal with the bears, at the ota’s he failed his physical which voided his contract. They could have kept him but the contract warranted a DL healthy Now!

He signed a one year prove it deal with the Steelers. Most likely during his visit the Steelers Drs reviewed his medical history and injury history AND examined where he is at in the healing process. It’s safe to say they wouldn’t have signed him unless the Drs signed off on it BUT with the deal being a one year deal means it’s a low risk signing. If he doesn’t heal well enough to play this year or has a “set-back” they lose little. If he starts on the PUP they can bring him along slowly to heal better. Especially if we have no injuries along the DL throughout Training Camp. Great insurance policy!!!

He really doesn’t need too much camp or too much pre-season. If he plays the Last half of the season and post season at the level he’s played before we still got a steal in FA.

Cajun

• Like Like x 2
  16. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The talking heads keep mentioning his 7 sacks last year. That doesn’t mean near as much to me since I’ve been studying his tape as much as I can find. He’s really really good at run stopping which we need badly and plays from zero-to-five Tech equally well. He’s young, experienced, quick feet and GREAT Hands!!!! Really good at bull rushing too, quite strong.

If he plays well this year and fits in the locker room I can see him getting a big contract next year here as Alualu’s replacement.

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I posted a gif earlier in the thread of Rudolph rolling on the ground yelling bastard up at another player, no one got it :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Just go ahead and trade mason for a 7th

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Rumor on the street is that he is currently available for a fifth

I don’t know if that’s a draft choice or a fifth of bourbon

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m well aware!

When has any team ever kept a player that has failed a physical!

Steelers didn’t sign an injured player!

Exclamation points are fun!

• Like Like x 3
  21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Wait, which bourbon?

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

KD

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

Here is the full fight, including Garrett whacking Rudolph with his own helmet and Ogunjobi's cheap shot on Rudolph afterward.

24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    So you think this guy shows flashes of Aaron Donald?? And to think I somewhat albeit very small respected your football IQ. LOL

25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I know this is going to get me the emoji of "very opmistic". But could we get wild turkey?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1