1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jun 15, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Glad the deal got done.Arguably the best free safety in the game. To bad he is hamstrung with a below average player next to him in Edmonds. Strong safety will be a priority next draft.

Next up will be Chris Boswell.

As far as Diontae Johnson is concerned at this point I feel they will let him play out the season. They can franchise him after the season and then negotiate a contract.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, alot to live up to. He better get on his pony, play needs improvement.
    Has to make a bigger splash than he has the last 2 years. Has to be a difference maker
    when your making top dollar.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Huh

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Now if the Steelers could only get an above average SS to go with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Why y'all keep sleeping on kazee that was picked up as a FS? He's got the numbers and is a ball hawk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That word stumped me. So I looked it up, and I'm still stumped. I'm guessing there was humor intended that flew over my head.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I was under the impression they would gun for someone like Nick Cross or even Tycen Anderson at some point in the draft (Cincy nabbed him). Sadly, that did not happen. Kazee should be good enough though but how much remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It was a pun

Apparently not a very good one :facepalm:

You mentioned imagining our “secondary” (meaning second in nature) without Minah. So I imagined what comes third in mature “tertiary”.

Please ask your mom to put up one of my pictures :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really. LoL
    :lolol:
    Me =:goofy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We'll see. I hope You are correct, but will they take playing time away from T. Edmunds???

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully

Not a knock on Edmunds

But if he takes playing time it’s because he is an upgrade and any upgrade is always good

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F*** Edmunds the player. He's probably an awesome Guy, but as a Steelers player....He really aggravates Me.
    My thing is will they even allow it???

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They let him flap in the wind for months for anyone to take then offered him basically minimum for one year

He’s fighting for a job and everyone who can play the position will be given an opportunity

• Like Like x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope You're correct. :thumbs_up:

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yet he is somehow, someway, overrated by some Steelers Fans; some of us in TheSteelersFans Board no less.

Very fascinating indeed.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Okay. Now I get it. :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

My only knock on Minkah is that he occasionally takes some bad angles on tackles which is very correctable. Even though it's frustrating to me sometimes, I still applaud this signing. He can definitely be a difference maker and that's all we can ask. Troy set the bar pretty high and so Steelers fans have become spoiled with that position. A lot of fans will definitely use that as a measuring stick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It’s never going to stop lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This right here is the biggest obstacle for so many to overcome sadly. As stated, Troy truly was a once in a lifetime talent and human being. To hope that another Troy would soon arrive is not just unfair to whomever that person is (be it Minkah or even T.J. Watt) but also disingenuous to the accomplishments of the players they are comparing Troy to.

In short?! Failing to adapt means that one fails to move forward.

For me, I will always hold Troy in very high regard for he not just set the standard for his position but is also the sole reason I got into American Gridiron Football in the first place. I miss him more than most but within that same vein, I am excited for Minkah Fitzpatrick and his future; none of that excitement having been lost since September 16th of 2019.

I still believe in Minkahs talent and I still believe he has HOF Potential. I have not waned on him due to an off year and neither should others.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nature of the League.

Whatever is the Highest Ever in NFL History just gets topped within the next contract. That said, the DeShaun Watson Contract surely did not assist the league.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    They remember the splash plays he had the first few games and got lost in fantasy. MF was first team all pro 2 years..and I would argue his play after the first couple of games last year was perhaps his best yet. With an improved d line and hopefully better middle linebacker play his game will shine even more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Nothing theses athletes like more than getting paid millions and millions of dollars and thanking my Lord and savior Jesus Christ after it. Can I get an Amen?

I do think it’s a good deal for both but I do worry what Steelers team we have now? Our D was not great last year and yet we have the highest paid unit IN THE LEAGUE! Still, I think it’s an inevitable change in this CBA/FA Era to compare with keeping solid players on one team to build loyalty. You can cite the horrid pass D but in short I don’t think Minkah is the weak link. More like he was over extended and we need to sure up the front run D to allow the secondary to excel in the back.

I understand the older fans that are Leary of these big expensive and flashy deals on our beloved Steelers. They may feel we have given up on Super Bowl or bust to hey, we haven’t had a losing season in …..
    And in the end, big frick n deal.

It’s a sign of the times though and I think we have to roll with it. This isn’t your dad’s Steelers anymore. Bos should be up next, and I’ll agree with it too, albeit mumbling he better perform for that kind of money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    they need to. the BIG $$ is on D, they better be great.

I would not have paid Minkah that much. he whiffs way too many tackles, he is not a thumper. I love him, just would not have paid this much. too many other needs today and next year to invest this much.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think the signing was necessary. The lack of ILB play last year meant Minkah had to play LB more than safety. He is naturally a ball hawk. Let him do him and create turnovers.

I believe if you have all pro players at critical positions you need to pay them. He also brings leadership to the field.

We will need a strong defense to go along with the style of offense.

I hope they move more toward increasing the time of possession on offense to keep the defense fresh and focus on turnovers.

The QB position isn't taking up much salary cap space. I think we'd be able to offer a good contract to Dionte.

I don't think Dionte is worth top salary figures but respectable #1 if he shows he can be the man again this year without the drops.

Minkah should not be leading this team in tackles with the addition of Myles Jack I hope we have a new additude in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We had the money this year and in a couple years his salary will be a bargain.

• Winner Winner x 2