1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Woodson Named 9th Best All Time Defensive Player by CBS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Ok let's go into that.

Jack.... defensive player of the year rookie of the year.
    Defensive rookie of the year
    Ray.... 2 time defensive player.
    Edge is to jack because of percentages due to length of time played.

Jack... 4 rings
    Ray... 2
    Edge jack

Already discussed pro bowl going to the edge for jack.

Jack..... 6 first team all pro
    Ray.... 7
    Edge to jack due to length of time played percentage

Jack... 2 second team
    Ray... 3 second team
    Edge jack due to length of time played percentage

Ray...
    Nfl 2000 all decade team
    Nfl 100th anniversary all time team

Jack....
    1970 all decade
    1980 all decade
    Nfl 75th
    Nfl 100th
    Pfwa all rookie team
    Mac defensive player of the year

Do i dare say yet again the edge goes to jack.

Also you do know that we won a superbowl with our backup QB winning most of the season games, right? You do know there was a super bowl we won with an injured Bradshaw, right?

You should learn what you just said was very very foolish. You agreed about pro bowls, but then went on to say defenders player of the year and first team stuff. But you lacked percentages. So you literally just set yourself up as a loser to this arguement.

Now go take your idiotic mess over to the ravens board with the murderer, aka ray Lewis, so you can feel loved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Everyone should give Deion's momma - er, I mean, FoosballAnalyst - a break. After all, that's her baby boy she's posting about. I understand completely.

Besides, she's got her hands full hiding out from Mel's momma right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, they play for the Patriots!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Cannot change that I am afraid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Now imagine putting D. Sanders back then. Players would be making Him their B!+ch. LoL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Add D. Sanders , and L.T.(The running back) 2 that list.

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not trying to impress nobody.

8. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    The guy was overloaded with intangibles. That matters. He was a tone setter. He hit like freight train. He was a very sound tackler. Sideline to sideline ability. What did you not like about his game? He was basically the Ravens version of Jack Lambert. I would rate him better than Jack only because he had a longer career. His top season he had 184 tackles. One year he had 6 interceptions. His second to last season he had 94 tackles. The guy was a model of consistency and leadership. Multiple DPOY of year awards. MVP of Super Bowl which is extremely rare. If he were a Steeler you would be singing a different tune.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I hate the Chargers and everything associated with them but, Tomlinson is right up there with the greatest runners ever, IMO!

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No worries there.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Dpoy has nothing to do with percentages. The number of years someone played does not correlate with the number of dpoy they get. Nor does all pros. Donald has less time then both an already has more first team all pros and dpoys. And lol no one's goes since so and so played less years let's look at percentages as again its irrelevant. If that's the case Brady should be no where near the goat. On percentages he has only 3 first team all pros while playing more years then anybody. Peyton has like 7 or 8 and Rodgers has 4. But it's nothing no one points out when judging someone's career. Only overall numbers are skewed based on time played.

Also of course they won season games with a backup. The team was littered with hall of famers on both sides of the ball. They didn't win the sb without a hall of fame qb. That's a difference.

Idk why you're comparing sbs between the 2 players as if jack was the sole reason and leading the way. It's about 10 other hall of fame reasons why they won all those sbs. Jack isn't the only reason. So no reason to compare those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    While physically I think he'd have a tough time, I don't think he's ability to cover wrs would be any different. I think he'd probably not even give up a pass in that Era guarding some of those 70s wrs that's one of the worst eras in the nfl for wrs.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Hard to say because when I watch the tape I don't see the same type of athleticism and ability as I saw from guys in the 80s, 90s 2000s, and now

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :lolol::roflmao::roflmao::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have 2 disagree. You know He is not even top 50 Rbs in the post season....in anything. Post season matters.
    You can't say it's because he didn't play enough post season....He's played more post season games than a lot who are ahead of Him

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    $hit they would run everything His way, not away from him, and toss Him aside. It was physical, and Sanders is the least physical defender ever. He would not have lasted long with those rules.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The double negative tells us that you are. It's such a shame you don't respect language skills. You might actually acquire some if you did.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ah. Here's that false claim of yours that you watch all this tape of games from before you were born, yet another of your desperate attempts to try to impress people.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's what happens when you play for the Chargers! How about Barry Sanders? Was he not great simply because he played for a crappy team? Larry Fitzgerald?

• Like Like x 1
  20. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Double negatives matter.

• Like Like x 2
  21. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Awe damn, here I thought I had a dandy zinger. Guess I should have read all of the posts.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    It does go off of percentage. How long you played and what you achieved. And when ray gets to play with players being protected and etc it made him last a third longer. Therefore you go off of percentages.

And now you bring in Brady? And how percentages doesn't work when comparing to ruodgers and Peyton ..... bub, do you even hear yourself? Or do you just lack the understanding of what I am throwing down?.... Brady, brees, Peyton, Rodgers are all in the same time. While Jack and Ray are in totally different eras..... literally jack was the rookie of the year before Ray Lewis was born.

I have stats and facts. As well how to compare correctly. While all your doing is saying how I'm wrong and provided nothing.

So just go back to playing in the sand box on the ravens message board. Because you're starting to sound like a Bengal fan with saying burfett is a top ten all time player.

• Like Like x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To have good post season numbers, you have to get to the post season. Unhurt.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Mission accomplished

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    By tape you mean, watching Steve Sabol highlight reels... correct?

• Like Like x 1