1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing to prove

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Jun 2, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes Hoge is wrong about that but he has more heart and toughness then Bush. Reminds me of Olsavsky.

To be fair Bush hasn't been stellar in pass coverage either.

I do hope that " I have nothing to prove" proves us all wrong. I just don't see it. The issue is between the ears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well there is that

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah Spillane is a nice back up, but you don't want him starting.

I'm really interesting in Buddy Johnson and what his 2nd year jump might look like.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Spillane is easy to like, but he just isn't very good. At least he won't shy away from contact, which I think Bush was doing at times this past season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I can't help but think if Bush thinks he has nothing to prove that is what he will do prove nothing

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well don't think it . LoL.
    Surely He knows better than that.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I see very little evidence that Bush does know better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Dunno STD. His dad seems to feed into that kind of attitude with him so I'm not so sure. He was truly bad last year but we'll see. A whole training camp under his belt along with some more rehab might make the difference. Let's hope so. Horrible to waste that much draft capital and have him flame out after this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Another entitled brat. I would have given my right you know what to be good enough to make the pros, but God didn't give me that kind of talent. I am sure my age plays a part in my thinking, but damn your playing a kid's game for millions of dollars.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I can't defend those comments made by Bush.. I do, however, think they are a little out of context.

I'm not big on trashing down a player on my team until the coach says 'ok, I'm done.'
    It's not in the coaching logic to put a player on the field that isn't giving you 110%. Those kinds of players cost you games and some of those games will cost you your job.
    I liked Bush's rookie season, he had a lot of promise that set a lot expectations.
    I liked what he was doing up till the knee injury.
    I noticed a lot a decline in his play upon his return. I think losing confidence is accurate enough.
    Pittsburgh invested a lot in him, and I would expect a lot better play from him in 2022.
    I also expect that if he fails, with Flores especially, he's done.

So my expectations for Bush are simple.
    - Win his position battle.
    - Make plays that I know he is capable of.

He needs to be aware of the fact that Pittsburgh is LB capital of the NFL. He's playing in the shadows of some legends.
    Talk is cheap, I want to see him walk the walk.
    If he can't, well, it is a simple fact that he needs to go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I had an OH OH reaction to Bush's weird tweets about cats or some other nonsense. That was well before he played like crap last year.
    Maybe it was the injury , maybe a loss of confidence but I think Bush is setting off red flares that signal his head is not to be a team first kind of guy.
    Spillane is a high energy kind of guy with good instincts too bad Bush has the ability with out the heart.
    It would be great if Bush plays lights out this year and shows leadership and more maturity, if he plays timid like last year I am sure Flores won't put up with a half assed effort.
    Bush could end up being some guy at the bar mumbling about his glory years and how he was once a first round pick Top Ten yeah those were the days.
    Ten years from now we will be asking "Who remembers that high draft pick LB that didn't pan out" Lately they are adding to the list of possible answers.

12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Looks like they are already planning for Jack to be the mack.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He shouldn't care. Lions don't concern themselves with the opinion of a sheep.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you in grade school

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Shouldn't it be wolves and sheep?

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Shhh....He just heard that saying lately, and finally got 2 use it. You're screwing up his vibe.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I heard it years ago when Patrick Peterson and Richard Sherman were going at it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You can use either or. But the wolves saying I've generally heard with sheep's is " to protect the sheep you have to catch the wolf and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf".

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Guess Steve Harvey is. As well as Richard Sherman. I've seen both use this quote.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, you watch Yellowstone too....

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe the actual quote comes from the 1st book in the series A Song of Ice ,and Fire...Game of Thrones....which came out around 1996. Being a Fantasy writer....GRRM probably heard it elsewhere, and just used it ....because I believe I've read that quote in another book around the late 70s....that was written in the 1700s.