1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PFF ,and Coaches

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Jun 7, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    PFF doesn't even have Tomlin in the top 10 of Football Coaches this year.
    I believe they put Him at 13. LoL.

Of course anyone that knows Me on here know what I think of PFF..., but I thought You'd be interested.
    PFF = Pretty F***ing Fake.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    All that stuff is just opinions but I must admit I enjoy them. I think the Steelers after 2010 were predicted to win the SB at least 5 times in a few of the pre-season magazines and such. Always got me fired up for the season. Sadly they were always wrong.

I can see Tomlin down on the list. A lot of the so called experts (and me) felt he had the talent to win more then 1 SB. He takes a lot of crap on this board. Steelers win 10* this year I think Mike will get more respect.

*Weird that 10-6 sound so much better then 10-7.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    10-6-1. :lolol::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I don't put much stock in anything PFF says either. But I don't think they are far off on this one. Personally I would put Tomlin at #10.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Winning seasons :good:

Playoff wins :puking:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

This list is trash, Harbaugh at #2, and Kingsbury at #4 :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yeah and Mike McCarthy in the top 10 made me laugh out loud.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually that was the 1st thing I thought, and Harbaugh was the 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't think anyone really takes any of this BS seriously. Kingsbury? Reich? Shanahan? McCarthy? McCarthy and Carroll are on there for what they've done in the past, although I believe Carroll still probably should be. I like Frank Reich but come on. They dropped their last game to one of the worst teams in the league. Win, and they were in. What the hell has Cliff Kingsbury done? Hairball deserves to be on the list, but not at number two. Fat Andy is a good coach but how good was he before he had Mahomes? Lafleur has the regular season human stat machine as his QB. I think Tomlin, McVay, Taylor and McDermott belong on this list before Kingsbury, Reich, LaFleur and McCarthy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Racism..lol

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SMH

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

. Stop being so ****ing uptight u snowflake wuss, it was a joke. Not every ****ing thing is upsetting

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s got a point. So much of what you post revolves around this stupid stuff.

You’re radicalized, dude. Turn off your news.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Harbaugh personally cost the Ravens 2 or 3 games last year by going for 2 at the end of the game. None of them worked out for him. He had the greatest kicker in NFL history on the sidelines and continually went for 2 and failed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    SO it's my fault someone gets upset over a simple word, or stupid statement.? Maybe people need to learn how to enjoy life and stop being upset everytime they dont like what others say....

I remember a time when words couldn't hurt , now today's society seems to be so mentally weak their hurt by words all the damn time

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    See what i mean. I don’t expect you to look inward though.

None of what you wrote hurt me. Was just offering friendly advice, if you disconnect you will feel much better. It’s easy to see this stuff consumes you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    My List for top 10 would be:

1. Bellicheck- All time great. Team is always well prepared. Fantastic Defenses and Oline play. Develops CB’s better than anyone. Best at halftime adjusting.
    2. Reid- Best offensive head coach.
    3. Shanahan - 2nd best offensive head coach.
    4. Tomlin - All around solid and consistent. Gets the most out of talent. Flexible.
    5. Harbaugh - The best talent evaluator and has a solid consistent systemic place. Wins.
    6. Vrabel - Old school smash mouth, hard nosed football. Reminds me of Cowher.
    7. Lafluer - Riding the wave of Arron Rogers. Consistent.
    8. McVhay - Innovative nd aggressive.
    9. Reich - Practical, Solid and good team builder. Solid fundamental system.
    10. Flores - Solid, Tactical, Educational and fundamentally sound.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    For me, the biggest factor that keeps Tomlin off a top 10 head coach list is the fact he hasn't won a post season game in 5 years and counting and has a losing postseason record. All while having well above average talent. He is the poster child for underachievement. Results matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t agree with that assessment of him. I believe he is great at miximizing his talent and in fact I feel like a lot of his teams have overachieved. Where he is lacking is clock management, half time adjustments and holding onto players too long sometimes when he could have cut bait and maybe gotten something for them. I don’t fault him for it because he is loyal and that creates a good team atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    We'll just have to disagree then as we are on different planets here. I don't see any reasonable way that a coach who's squad missed the postseason 3 times and got embarrassed the other 2 times out of the past 5 years can even be considered a top 10 coach. Every other coach on your list except Tomlin and Flores has won at least 1 postseason game in the past 3 years. Flores doesn't belong on the list either.

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think a lot of the PFF stuff is designed to be controversial and generate clicks etc.

They will contradict this list within weeks if not days. There is no way they believe half this horses**t they write up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I believe the organization has been incredibly unlucky the last five years. Even Belicheck couldn’t overcome losing Brady to injury when he was in his prime. Let me list the obstacles for Tomlin:

1. Suspensions - Martavis Bryant, Leveon Bell, Big Ben (not in the last five years though)
    2. Players going crazy on him - Antonio Brown - whom the offense was built around
    3. Season Long Hold Out - Leveon Bell - the other key component whom the offense was built around
    4. Tuitt - A marquee component of the defense was always in and out of the line up due to injury, etc.
    5. Ryan Shazier - All Pro MLB whom was the center of the defense was lost in his prime to career ending injury.
    6. David Decastro - Pro Bowl Guard - Early retirement due to injury

These were all key cogs on the team the you build around and I don’t ever remember having a healthy team come playoff time. Perhaps that is an issue with him he can’t keep his players healthy. Guess who went to the Super Bowl last year from the AFC? Yep the healthiest team in the AFC with the least injuries. That plays a big factor that people often dismiss.

There were many more and he accomplished all of this in the midst of having to carry the burden of an aging QB whom was paid at a franchise level. Lets see how McVey does when his franchise QB is aging and has a massive salary on the team preventing him from being able to build the team he wants. Tomlin had a lot of success early in his career when the cap situation was perfect. I highly doubt the Shannahans or the Mcveighs of the world stick around that long to go through the valley with their team. They will cut bait long before that. You also forget Belicheck was unbelievable fortunate to have the best QB in the league playing at a steep discount all those years. I don’t know how they were able to accomplish that (I wouldn’t be surprised they paid Brady through other avenues like TB-12, etc. to cheat the Cap). Reid was never able to win the big one in Philly until he got Mahomes in KC. Harbaugh is hard to knock he is a really good coach, I just don’t like him, he is a jerk. But he has the benefit of what I believe is and has been the best front office in the league for over a decade.

Your nutz if you think Tomlin isn’t a top five coach in this league. If the Steelers fired him he would have a line of teams at his door the next day. I actually struggled with putting Shanahan over Tomlin because I feel like he is to new but he has been to the Super Bowl without a what I believe is a Franchise QB and he is one of the most innovative coaches in the game. Would love to hear a legit argument on why you don’t think he is top 10 other than the “He hasn’t won a playoff game in the last five years”.

• Like Like x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You put a lot of thought into that about your opinions - good job. I still disagree. I'm not going to throw shade or rehash the same old things that have been said by me and countless others on the MB about Tomlin's consistent failures and faults. He's not in my top 10. He's in yours. Cool.:drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

NFL Players have already been on record that PFF offers them financial incentives in exchange for the promotion and proliferation of positive reviews of their content. Stuff like this, as you said, is silly. All the more reason that, when it comes to players and, as I have been saying this entire time....

Watch the tape.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    This your opinion and your entitled to it. Maybe he will surprise you in what I feel is his second go around. The next few years should be really interesting.

• Like Like x 1