1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing to prove

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Jun 2, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He did but I’m not sure how well

Last year they gave it to Schobert

Something about thinking and not just reacting

Same thing I read in a recent article about Jack

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    In other words "I'm getting paid". Sorry but his attitude sucks and those statements prove it. The guy is soft as tissue paper lately and when he just wants to get a paycheck then consider his short career done. Don't spend all that money in one place. I really think he gets benched again this year.

He should have said my draft day outfit turned me into a p*ssy and I don't like physical contact anymore. What a draft day reach and all around disappointment.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who said I was mad? And it’s up to me what I like and what I don’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Schobert was the more experienced player and Bush was just working his way back from the torn ACL. The stated reason was that they were trying to avoid putting too much on him as he recovered.

In other words, no, it is not accurate to say that Bush can't wear the green dot. The defense was fantastic with him wearing it until he was injured in 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You seem quite angry about his outfit. Sure, you can like or dislike what you want, and I can point out how silly it is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Quite angry? Again you’re reaching. You’re a very insecure person aren’t you?

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not the one resorting to a personal attack just because he is losing an argument on the internet. That would be you.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Now I’m losing an argument? There was no argument till you created one. As far as the personal attack. What you gonna do cry about it. You’re also a narcissist. You gonna call the wambulance now.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not only can he not fight off OL blockers, he can't cover receivers either.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Bush. He wasn't just bad last season. He played scared. He avoided contact. There were times I couldn't believe they were keeping him on the field. His comments about having nothing to prove demonstrated what a clueless, entitled jackass he has turned out to be.

To spend brain power on the way he dresses is just dumb. I'm sorry you couldn't handle it when I pointed that out. You had to pout and whine about your right to make yourself look silly. Well, by all means, keep on doing it. I enjoy the chuckle at your expense.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

After his injury he completely lost his desire for the game. As I stated before it's just a big payday for him now and his comment reflected that IMO. So many plays he avoided contact last year and it was obvious whenever he was on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You're proving my claim that you are a narcissist. The only thing dumb on my part is to argue with someone (you) who I'm clearly intellectually superior to.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    "I'm a top 10 pick" NOT!

That's because they traded up to get your @ss. A mistake by all accounts.

Glad they didn't give him the 5th year option. Guess they proved you didn't deserve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your claim of intellectual superiority would hold more weight if you didn't end your last sentence with a preposition. It would still be laughable, but you wouldn't have made it quite as obvious.

Think about the actual thread. Bush's comments are problematic. He shows a sense of entitlement that is disturbing. It seems as if he doesn't think he has to put in the work or perform simply because he was a top-10 pick. His play last season is even more problematic. I wasn't just that he got caught out of position far too often. It was that he looked like he was actually trying to get tangled with blockers rather than get into a collision with a running back. At times, he looked like he was playing afraid. Given those very real issues, whining about how he dresses is just silly.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We got the wrong Devin. Too bad we couldn't draft White.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    He went top 5. Price would have been too high at that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Theoretically you could wear the green dot. So to this extent your statement is correct.

But they don’t think it’s a good option to give it to Bush. The took it away once and the prefer to have Jack donut now. If Bush was a good option he wouldn’t be getting replaced,

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Except that the defense was fantastic with him wearing it in 2020, so this notion that he can't do it just doesn't hold up.

I think it has sunk in with them that they may have to bench him for poor play this season if he doesn't bounce back. They don't want to have to make the transition mid-season again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You can have a defensive that is fantastic even with a link that needs improvement

Which leads to your second sentence which most everyone agrees with

Time will tell

Go Yinz Stillers n’ At

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Hoge doesn't know what he's talking about, Spillane the best ILB on the team :facepalm:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The thing is, Bush wasn't a weak link in 2020. The disaster that was his play in 2021 seems to have made people forget that he was playing well and the defense was dominating before he blew out his knee.

My point is that the good version of Bush can handle the green dot. I'm just not sure we will ever see that guy again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. He was making some sense up to that point.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Man Bush is such a clown what a miss by the Steelers on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He knows more than you I or anyone on this board.

The guy does his homework. He doesn’t make baseless claims.

Unless Bush has a big up year Bush will be gone. Spillane will still be on the team.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He actually claimed that Spillane isn't a liability in pass coverage, so no, I'm not sure he really does know all that much about the Steelers' inside linebackers.

Remember, Hoge wrote a book asserting that CTE is part of some sort of conspiracy to destroy the NFL. He actually criticized Kurt Warner for saying that he wouldn't allow his son to play football. Think about how stupid that is for Hoge, who nearly died on the field from second-impact syndrome. The Bears' doctors cleared him to play even though he hadn't fully recovered from a concussion and he took another blow to the head. His heart actually stopped in the locker room, but doctors were able to revive him. When he woke up, he didn't recognize his family. He couldn't tie his own shoes. It was months before he could leave the house on his own without getting lost and nearly two years to re-learn how to read. This guy argues that football doesn't carry a risk of brain injuries, but you think he doesn't make baseless claims?

• Like Like x 1