1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Excited for the New Football year?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, May 30, 2022.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Pretty basic post not much content.

I'm pretty excited about the changes to the team this year. Although untested, there is a lot of young talent I think could be contributors.

I'm excited about the QB competition also. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like Like x 6
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Perhaps before your time, but here's someone who could really build up the enthusiasm for this thread. :cool:

upload_2022-5-30_13-34-21.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    BTW, I'm excited about the season, in light of the fact I'm still here to enjoy another season. (I'm knocking on wood right now). :steelflag:

• Like Like x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I am personally.

Going to be interesting to see which new Offensive Concepts are introduced now with the full play book open for Matt Canada to use this time around. Still would want Kenny Pickett to win the starting job though Mitch starting early is by no means a bad thing for me. May the best man win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was responsible for the facilities at 3 school districts

If nothing is on fire

I don’t get excited

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Except back when all those smart-azzed kids (maybe even myself) ran through the schools at night pulling the fire alarms. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes
    My phone rang then

• Like Like x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah before my time lol. I started really getting into the Steelers mid nineties with Green, Lloyd, Kirkland, and Brown.. not to mention Woodson and Lake. Steed, Buckner, yeah pretty much the whole defense was on fire then.

Add the Bettis trade later which I remember the news article and I never looked back. Wish I kept that article.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m pretty stoked. I love how the talking heads seem to uniformly have us at the bottom of the division. Don’t they ever learn? The Steelers made the playoffs last season, and literally every position grouping looks like it’s better than 50/50 odds to be better, or at least the same. Once again everybody out there is crowning the Browns, and everyone out there is thinking this will be the year that Lamar Jackson learns how to read an NFL defense. Please, doubt away.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think the trenches will be back on both sides of the ball. i like what they have done with this team so far this year. i like our skill guys too. nice mix going on. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think my mom voted for him once....
    I'm not excited for the season.....yet! Come August though......!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes! A lot to be excited about...A new , reconstructed, " better " OL , Tuiit " sounds like it ", plus some young DL, couple exciting new WR's, Flores, new front office...

And, no more Ben! I loved him but he was rotten...And I'm on the Trubisky Train, just have a feeling he's gonna really play well...

And like another poster alluded too... EVERYONE is pegging us for last! Browns? Ravens? Why are they supposedly, so much better than us?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am very excited, I think the Steelers will be much improved.

• Like Like x 3
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is the first time I've been excited about a season since 2016.... during our last Super Bowl window. It will be cool to see the QB battle between Trubisky, Pickett and Rudolph and how all of that pans out. Plus, the new additions to the OL, LB and CB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not sorry JEH. You probably still had pimples when I was doing that so probably many years before your Facility Czar days. :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    You're old enough to remember Pat Paulsen?????? LOL ME TOO!!!!

17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I excited for the reaction to QB1: Trubisky and QB2: Rudolph.

*laughs hysterically in evil*

18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm interested but not excited.

I'm not excited about any of the QB's.

19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm ALWAYS excited for each new football season.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the changes made, and to see how the QB play will be. I think there's a lot of potential, but the proof will be on the field once the games start.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It will be a change. Getting solid QB play is really the key to winning a good number of games. '
    Will it be Mitch or will it be Kenny? Whoever it is won't have to be crazy good, but even old Ben had a lot of 4th quarter magic a few times in his final year. Will these guys be more mobile yes, will the play better TBD.

RB- I think Najee will really take another step forward. He looks stronger to me in mini camps. Plus with upgrade on Daniels, and Cole on the Line and if Dotson or Green and Dan and Chuks don't take step backwards. Line can be improved over last year.

TE- Pat is the real deal, he will only get better. With improved WR core it will help him out even further with things. Plus looking at Gentry, he caught a few nice balls last year, he was a project, but maybe the project is coming along.

Defense, we can rush the passer, but can we stop the run? Last year was embarrassing how we got run on. A lot had to do with injuries on D-Line.
    A lot will depend on Tuitt playing and if Tyson A. returns to some good form and be healthy.
    They didn't do much to improve this on the line

• Like Like x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I can’t wait to see us go 2-15, 3-14…

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'll take that bet. Put me down for $10,000. I'm sure I will be able to collect by week 9 at the latest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It's long shot, but we have a couple of udfa RB with elite speed. Can we find Willie Parker 2? I won't hold me breath, but lumber and lightning in the backfield would be nice

• Like Like x 2
  24. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Maybe it's just me but I'm excited for every season. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Definitely. They addressed a lot of areas that needed improvement and I think one of the best moves wasn’t even a player but a coach. I think having Flores here will pay big dividends.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1