1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelrules, Apr 9, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think they said he was walking to get gas which means he may have been behind the wheel of a car. Just glad he didn't take out anybody if he actually was behind the wheel at some point.

2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Still sad, regardless. And we should not be judging, unless you live a perfect life. I think all of us has done something stupid and it's a blessing we were not killed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was legally drunk and had taken drugs before he was fatally struck by a dump truck while walking on a Florida interstate highway last month, an autopsy report released Monday concluded.

Regardless extremely tragic but you had to know something wasn’t adding up about crossing a highway and getting crushed by a dump truck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Something that might interest you:

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/apparently-haskins-was-drunk.28624/#post-1009284

5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s early in the morning

7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ugh. I knew there would be more to the story but ...man that is tragic in a million different ways.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    when this story first broke, there was a part of me that openly wondered if Haskins basically committed suicide

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    This is just tragic. I feel for his family. Terrible.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    BA01AE98-A322-4D68-BB00-FEBC6709455E.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

No, he was just high on drugs and drunk

12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. I know everyone was questioning how he didn't see it. I've read a few comments they should not be releasing this and to let him RIP and give more respect to his family. However, the investigation also has to deal with the driver of the dump truck. I cannot imagine how he must feel. While this in no way will make him feel any better, I'm sure it has to lessen the burden and guilt he must be feeling.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    People's definition of "great person" is usually hot air. People, unfortunately, are typically unimpressive. Whether they are regular bums or rich bums. Most are the same. Useless when it matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I tried Special K about 20 years ago. Once was enough for me to never ever try it again. It made me sick as a dog and I wanted to die.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I make a lousy drug addict. After two different surgeries I was given oxy something and oxy something else. First time I took a tablet twice. Second time one tablet. I decided I would rather have the pain than how they made me feel.

I dumped 57 tablets down the toilet. Did you know you can’t sell them on eBay?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

About 40 years ago I thought Special K was a cereal.

I broke my collarbone skiing and the doctor ordered me up some vicodin and when I went back for a check up a month later he asked me if I needed more. He initially prescribed me 50 of them and I told him I only took 3 of those. He said he never has people refuse prescriptions. I have a high pain tolerance cause I lost my best friend to drug addiction.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I had them after reconstructive surgery on my foot nearly five years ago. Once the nerve block wore off, even with the Oxy, the pain I was in was far worse than anything I had ever experienced in my life. The Oxy helped me sleep for a couple of days, but by day three I was done with them regardless of how bad I felt.

They gave them to me again after I had surgery to repair a hernia. I took one the day of the procedure and that was it. I didn't really have any negative side effects, but they just didn't do much for me, so it wasn't worth taking a drug like that. I had a brother who was addicted to pain pills, so no way I want to screw around with that crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He clearly had not grown up or learned from any of his past mistakes. Apparently the NFL doesn't test for Ketamine? Maybe there's no test? Getting drunk is legal. Drunk and high on Special K wondering around the interstate is not legal. If he in fact ran out of gas then he was also behind the wheel. It's a tragedy and I feel for his parents and loved one's. The guy needed help and wasn't getting it from the steelers or his peers.

Wondering how the steelers didn't know he was still living this life style and were still willing to keep him on the roster and give him a shot at running the offense? I think this speaks volumes about the steelers team and coaching staff. His teammates didn't say a thing and were with him down in Florida. Many claimed to be close friends. Are they doing the same things ? Don't care how old you are , if you are hanging with guys doing special K you probably are living the same life style. Where there is smoke there is fire. Tomlin clearly has no connection to the players. Some of the players clearly have better things to do than focus on football and this shows up on the field every week. There's been plenty of talk about how Tomlin does not run a tight ship and the team lacks discipline... well I think it's safe to say that smell is coming from somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think you may have dislocated both shoulders with the way you are reaching in that post. I'm not sure which is worse, trying to blame Tomlin for Haskins making poor decisions or assuming he has teammates also using drugs just because they were found in his system after his death.

• Like Like x 4
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is a reach, but for all We know .....every player there may have been involved, or been doing the same things. :shrug:
    Maybe why some didn't want 2 show up....Maybe :shrug:
    I know I grew up with friends, and had band mates that like 2 do things I didn't....So at certain times I wouldn't hang with them.
    Again I'm not say this is true.....I'm just saying for all We know.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I thought the same.

Why would you leave the car instead of just calling someone to bring you gas?

Its a shame if he took his own life or for that matter just let his immaturity get the best of him and made a tragic decision. in which is not the responsibility of Tomlin.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    As crazy as it sounds; I did this.

I was in Kansas and like Haskins I was on my way to the Airport, when my rental car's engine started smoking. I pulled the car over, on the interstate and then almost immediately a police vehicle pulled in behind me. They explained they were some type of motorist help division and could give me a ride to the Airport to catch my flight. I called the rental company told them where their broken down car was and got a ride to the Airport from the police to catch my flight.

If I had broken down closer to the Airport, I would have had no problem at all abandoning the rental car and walking the rest of the way to the Airport to catch my flight.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    To be fair to the other players in Florida, it sounds like Haskins may have split from them to go clubbing with his cousin down in Miami. The other players can’t be held accountable for his conduct after he left their company.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He did, his teammates weren’t with him. Sadly because they wouldn’t have let that happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re also not supposed to dump meds into the sewer system.