1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Munchak

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, May 20, 2022.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    So...are you saying California sucks?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    California is a huge state. Everything from deserts to the tallest mountain in the contiguous states. Prices and attitude and politics vary greatly depending on which county you're in.
    What I'm saying is, L.A. sucks. San Francisco swallows!

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Favorite all time Zeppelin song.
    If You haven't heard it ....You should hear Zakk Wylde do this....never mind here it is

• Like Like x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You haven’t figured out what this guy is all about yet? Another troll.

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Carouselambra is highly underrated. JPJ on keys... awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Can’t be, I was told he would retire.

They brought in Flores even with Austin here, anyone that thinks he will just be coaching the LB’s I have some magical items for sale.

They could do the same for Munchak. Personally I wouldn’t care if they told Myers his new roll will be fetching Munchaks coffee but however they do it, they should get him here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Best comment on this yet

• Like Like x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Speaking of JPJ....
    Have You ever listened 2 Them Crooked Vultures????
    I listen 2 that album for almost 2 years straight. LoL. I wish they'd do another one.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I just found this on YouTube and will save it

I spend a lot of time on a tractor and Bluetooth music from my phone to my work tunes headset

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hope You enjoy. It's a mixture of Rock, Blues, Alternative, and a touch of psychedelic all blended together.
    I know some that listen 2 it say....Blues???:shrug:.....it is very thick on there....it's just a lot of blues techniques, and ideas that are not played in the usual way. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It’s not even politics - it’s tribalism. And these tards just think everyone wants to hear their neanderthal opinion any chance they can spin it into a conversation.

Now watch the hypocrite get all snowflakey because he’s called out on it.

Lemme guess, he resides in an area so great that nobody chooses the vacation or visit unless their car breaks down. But he listens to and watches entertainment produced in Cali and so many other things about the people and the place.

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with you. But I've learned from past experiences to avoid politics on Steelers forums.

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I lived in California for a year 3 blocks from the beach in LA. Was awesome only because my company paid 100 % of my housing costs. I've vacationed in California dozens of times also and visited nearly every part of the state. So many places are beautiful but many more big city areas are pure cesspools. I currently live in an area that if you broke down we'd welcome you with open arms and help you fix the problem but leave your California dreaming attitude out west. Sure you can pitch a tent in my back yard but just don't think you are going to live there for free. California entertainment, i.e. Hollyweird, :puking 3:. No thanks. I barely watch any of it.

Go Steelers though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Dude, my point is is that when I’m on a Steelers forum and someone might mention a rural are or midwestern state or where ever, my reaction is not post some ideologic political or social shade like anyone cares in this kind of forum. Especially since it’s been asked by the mods to not.

If I hear someone is living in Texas or WV, or Idaho I don’t start bloviating about backward a$$ boring, po-dunk towns in the middle of nowheresville. What a fool I would be like.

Can you just imagine the bumper stickers on his ride that he just needs to get out in the world for everyone to roll their eyes at. WHO CARES

‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Good album. My main man Homme is in that band as well. Drove to Cleveland one night, right after the first QOTSA album came out. He screamed at me after the show while a bunch of chicks were trying to talk to him.

He bought me a beer and walked around for 15 minutes with his arm around me. Telling me that my joy made his joy. I was standing 10 ft away. There was like 50 people there. We were huge fans of Kyuss already. Still one of my favorites.

We ended up hanging with them half the night, and helped them carry their stuff to the van. They were their own roadies. It was the first show they played without Alfredo. Somebody yelled out "Where's Alfredo?" Josh screamed "F*** Alfredo! This is Gene, our new drummer.". That either makes sense to you or it doesn't . :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    At first I thought it’s a Steeler forum so why would politics even be here.

Then I thought about what’s cooking musics etc

But cooking seems less controversial as compared to politics

Regarding politics I make my point by voting

Early and often

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like living there

Beer is good god is great and people are crazy

:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Huge fan of everything Homme does. I believe I own just about everything . :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  19. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks for missing the point.

I don’t say those things. It’s the opposite of what I would actually say. But that kind of stuff is uttered ad nauseam by one political/social group towards another.

And here, in this group, it’s been kindly asked to not do it on numerous occasions. And it’s stoooopid.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Munchak would be a good hire. I would figure out some way to get him in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I love Munchak and would like to see him return somehow someway. But someone pointed out to me the Denver Broncos offensive line that he was coaching wasn't so good. Suggested to me that Munchak lost some of his magic. So I looked it up.

Broncos OL ranked #19 in 2021. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

#25 in 2020. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-line-units-entering-2021-season

#12 in 2019. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

So what happened, I wonder? Why not so good in Denver? Does everybody still want him back at any price?

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, I don’t care about the price as coaches salary doesn’t affect the cap.

Stats without context doesn’t mean much. Were their injuries? What kind of talent was he working with and so forth.

What we do know is he has long been regarded as the best in the business and more importantly, the line was playing very well while he was with the Steelers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Californians? You mean Americans? Yes those damn Americans driving up our cost of living by making $. grrrrr

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok guys, the political posts haven’t been bad but let’s keep it that way and stay on topic.

• Like Like x 2