1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin sets us back another 5 years... Pickett over Willis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Apr 29, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's what I'm saying. There's nothing special about him. Something that sprites him from being just a well rounded and average. Tom is once in a lifetime. Can't really compare anyone to him. He fell in the perfect spot and had the greatest drive of any football player ever. I don't tom is Tom if he went to the lions or a garbage franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The processing speed was always there. He needed to gain the experience to better understand what he was seeing, but he still had the mind.

It doesn't really mean all that much, but Pickett was a better college player than Brady. Then again, you could say that about many quarterbacks in the NFL, including some guys who have stunk it up in the pros.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If there is nothing special about Pickett, there is nothing special about Burrow, either. If you believe that last statement is true, you are even more clueless than I thought.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The guy who had the greatest college football season ever isn't special lol?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your reading skills truly are atrocious. That isn't what I wrote. Try reading this again. Anybody who thinks that there is nothing special about Pickett must think the same of Burrow. I am writing this in reference to their physical gifts. Burrow doesn't have a cannon for an arm like Allen, Mahomes, or even Willis. He is athletic but doesn't have great speed. He has good size, but nothing overwhelming. He actually has hands almost as small as Pickett's. Physically, there is nothing that special about him, either.

I think the world of Burrow. He's an elite quarterback right now. I was watching him at LSU before you ever heard of the guy. Unlike you, I actually know what I'm talking about. There is nothing special about Burrow except the way he produces. He has the physical tools to succeed as an NFL quarterback, but the things that set him apart are much harder to see. The same is true of Pickett, though of course, he doesn't have the same level of production against that level of competition. Your complaint about Pickett, however, seems to be related to his physical tools, which are right there with Burrow's. If you actually bothered to learn something about the guy before vomiting your uneducated opinions on this board, you would know that.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You just said why he's not special. We haven't seen him do nothing against the best of the best. While burrow doesn't blow you off the charts, he's still alot more athletic than Pickett lol burrow was an all state basketball player in high school. He is the better athlete. He's just as athletic if not more than Josh Allen or mahomes. He doesnt have their arm though. Pickett Isn't in there class athletically.

But anyways burrow on the grandest stage in college football against the best comp dominated. Don't have to blow ppl off the charts when you've done that. Pickett hasn't so when you play for a garbage school and doing good but not great, you have to have traits that blow you off the charts to be impressive.

Like mahomes who was a loser in college but highly touted because of talent. Thats the difference. Mac Jones has no great traits but he dominated at the highest legel and literally played a perfect college football season nearly. Set the record for completion percentage if I'm not mistaken.

That's why deshaun should've been first when he came out. All I needed to see was 2 games vs Alabama(littered with nfl players all over) in the championship to say that guy will be special in the nfl. Pickett doesn't have any of that going for him.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Seriously, now you are just making things up to serve your terrible argument. Burrow is not in the same class as Mahomes and Allen athletically, so not only do you know next to nothing about Pickett, you don't really know much about Burrow, either. He is a better athlete than Pickett because you say so?

More importantly, Burrow's athleticism is not special. Nothing about him physically is special, yet as a player, there is no doubt that he qualifies.

To be clear, I'm not putting Pickett on Burrow's level. Burrow was better against stronger competition in college, but that's the difference between No. 1 overall and No. 20 overall. That said, in terms of physical ability, despite your unsupported claim, they are comparable and neither of them is special in that regard. They both have the overall physical tools to succeed in the NFL. It is what they do on the field that sets both of them apart. Those are things you can't measure with a stopwatch.

Pickett dominated in a Power 5 Conference. You don't realize that he did special things in college because, as always, you choose ignorance.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Mahomes ran a 4.8 and Allen ran a 4.76. So what you think burrow runs a 5? Lmao he's at least a 4.7. He's right in there realm in terms of speed. I'd be curious out of 3 who has the highest vertical. But of course those 2 have a better arm than burrow but I wouldn't say he's not in their class athletically. He's a good athlete.

While the acc is power 5 they aren't what they used to be. It's It's so many ppl killed Clemson recently because they play in the terrible ACC despite their talent. The acc compared to the sec is night in day.

Also that's not the difference between 1 and 20. Mac dominated the sec and was clearly the most pro ready like Pickett yet someone who played in fcs was traded up for over him. So that's not the difference like you're stating.

I haven't seen Pickett do that like burrow against top level college talent. And he had a good season but didn't dominate. Dominate is what burrow did at lsu breaking records and slaughtering every single team put in front of him in the by far toughest conference in college football. Or what Mac did. Or what Trevor Lawrence did his rookie year. What Deshaun did to Alabama twice on the biggest stage in college football.

9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    tennis.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Again, if there's a silver lining, a miss on a first round pick is not a franchise killer, but giving up multiple picks can be crippling

Yes, it very well may retard the progress of the team for a few years but giving up multiple 1st round picks can really devestate a franchise.

I'm pissed because I believe that they had a good chance to get a much more talented QB than Pickett next year.

I understand that superior physical talent doesn't equate to success, but I like to start a journey up Everest from the highest point, for the highest rate of success.

For example, Lawrence isn't gaurenteed to be a success but, with his abilities, he's already starting from Base Camp 1. Pickett, IMO, is starting from sea level.

Doesn't mean that he can't make it to the top of the mountain, but his chances are less likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So dominating in the SEC only matters when you think it should. Got it.

Funny how you keep changing your definition of athleticism to fit whatever you are arguing at the moment. By the way, Pickett's 40-yard dash time was faster than both Allen and Mahomes.

Of course, in addition to having solid speed, Allen can run over people. His combination of size, speed, and arm strength put him way out of Burrow's league physically. Mahomes is more agile than any of those guys, and his ability to throw with velocity and from one insane arm angle after another sets him apart physically.

Now you actually want to claim Pickett wasn't dominant this season? You really do have the integrity of a plagiarist. None.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It's like watching drunken bums fighting on the street corner.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    That circle each other for 45 minutes drunkenly falling down and never throwing a punch.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I didn't say the sec only matters in certain circumstances.

And his 40 time is faster than both. I didn't say 40 time was the only determinant. And also kept telling you speed isn't why burrow is special.

I again acknowledged long time ago BURROW DOES NOT HAVE AN ARM COMPARED TO THOSE 2. So you didn't have to mention that. Also I think mahomes is not maybe the most agile but he's the best in terms of being able to make people miss. It's more so his deceptiveness as a runner. Allen stupidly runs people over but he does it and its not more so that he runs them over he's just head first and straight at contact when he runs at people. He doesn't try to get down. He's not that much bigger than burrow actually burrow is big. So I wouldn't say size. His speed isn't either. And burrow can run really good. His ability to run and make people miss is a huge reason why they beat kc.

Having a dominant season is subjective to whatever measure one is looking at to judge a season. There's no set standard on what dominant so yes I can argue that he wasn't dominant lol. Unless you just break all types of records like burrow did and literally accomplish everything possible in college football from awards, perfect season, and the championship.

• Like Like x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This was actually very well put.
    Did someone else write it for You???
    LoL.
    I'm just playing :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is almost as lopsided as the verbal beatings I've consistently dealt against you, which is sad for you given how little game the plagiarist brings to the table.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You didn't say that the SEC only matters some of the time outright, but that is what your post actually means. I'm sorry you are flailing around with such desperation that you don't even understand the implications of your own words.

Just like you brought up speed when it served your argument, then you want to change your tune when it does not.

Actually, you can't argue anything about Pickett's college career because you admit you didn't bother to watch it. You are just making things up to support your fraudulent argument. Your posts are a truly toxic mix of ignorance and contradiction. I'm actually a little embarrassed by punching down this much, but you do keep insisting on bringing it on yourself.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:drinks:

:hi:

• Like Like x 1
  21. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Like that south park episode
    I believe there was a guy in a Steelers shirt and Stan's dad

COME ON BRO!
    BRING IT BRO!
    YEAH BRO, COME ON
    LETS GO BRO!

22. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    HaHa. This reminds me of one of my cattle calls way back.
    Suppose to be watching a horse race and the other 11 were all cheering and then celebrated the win. I just sat and watch the race and ripped up my bet slip at the end and threw it to the ground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There is a foolish post above that’s going to take more than popcorn and beer

I see a full scale beat down coming with some of Tennessee’s finest 100 proof

• Like Like x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I saw his numbers. Is numbers not a part of dominance? And Idk why you’re saying career cause the only yr he had that was anything what you’re saying is last season.

make my post doesn’t mean that. I brought up other situations that didn’t include the sec. I also talked about how someone got picked before someone in the sec and how they deserved to so again show me how my post implied the sec only matters.