1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown wants to retire a Steeler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 16, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have only burned one jersey, and it was Woodson after He signed with the ravens.
    I regret it now. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It was while it lasted. Those two are dirtbags

• Like Like x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Imagine your 10 year old son wanting so badly a chance to see his favorite player live in person and you spending the money to get him a ticket to a sold out game then buying him his favorite jersey to wear to the game after traveling 300 miles and then getting to the game and finding out 30 minutes before kickoff that the reason all of this developed was not going to come to fruition ultimately cause of egotistical arrogance.

I talked that same 10 year old out of wanting to burn his jersey. What a shame he turned out to be. F AB!

• Like Like x 2
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I would be pissed as well. My kid was around the same age when I got him an AB jersey. We laugh about how screwed up he is now. Regardless, that still doesn't take away from the good things he did with this team before stumbling into full on bat-sh!t crazy. I guess I chalked it up to another teaching moment and setting him straight that his pops should be his role model and not AB. Although his work ethic was undeniable early in his career.

• Like Like x 1
  5. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Upon further review, I absolutely have the kind of temper that would drive me to burn a jersey or smash a TV(who knew a plastic pop bottle would spider web a TV? Don't make em like the used to. ) Up to this point I've miraculously been able to contain it. Assuming of course none of you are able to ask my wife for verification on this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If the options are sign for one day to retire as a steeler or sign with another team(Ravens). I’m going with the former

7. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Already trashed the team and the fan base on his way out and he would do it again, so he can go **** himself. Not gonna sucker me into sympathy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think he wants sympathy. He wants to sell tickets to some event. He wants to rehabilitate his brand.

I can see the team going for it. They aren't petty like Brown. They don't want to look petty, but honestly, the right call would be to say no. If he makes a stink about it, release a public statement explaining why they said no. "Antonio Brown made it very clear he no longer wanted to be a Steeler. While we appreciate his contributions to the team during his time in Pittsburgh, we will respect his previous wishes to move on from our organization and complete his career elsewhere. We wish him well him well in his retirement."

• Like Like x 5
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I remember when Jersey's were like the same cost as a car payment.

Then came the internet and buying directly from China, and now they cost about as much as a normal dress shirt. Now I give Jerseys away as Birthday and Christmas presents.

$50-$70 shipped to your door from China, will get you an NFL game jersey that looks and feels just like the one at the stadium.

This year I will be buying a Picket jersey at the end of preseason if things look good, and I don't have another Drunk purchase at a Bar after attending a game. I bought a #43 Connor Sheary jersey online last time I was in Pittsburgh for a Penguins game around 1AM in the morning drunk off my ass in a bar. This is one of the reason's I hate smart phones.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't understand why you have to retire under a certain banner anyway? You go in as an individual, not part of a team. I understand that people romanticize the Hall Of Fame, but if Peyton Manning went in as a Colt,a Bronco, or an independent, he still deserves to be in.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You forgot green font

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    and your Picket jersey could very well be just that.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    To make sure no other quitter can use it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I cannot prostitute myself to China.
    I just this month, finished replacing all my pots and pans with AllClad D5's (made in USA)
    Did you know American Tourister luggage is made in China? And it is very hard to find any that is not.. that's the next thing to replace.

So Jersies? I'm too old to wear them, old guys look funny in them.
    I do have a prize Lambert jersey I like a lot. I don't mind looking funny every now and then.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m old and funny looking no matter what I wear.

I have one jersey, a Lambert throwback, and I do wear it to games. But for me to buy and wear a Pickett jersey would be ridiculous.

Regarding China, I bought a China Bleier jersey for my wife because that was the only option. A few years latter a Bleier throwback was released. I bought the throwback and gave away the China.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m guessing these one day contracts are purely ceremonial. It’s not like the Steelers are going to cut someone just to sign the idiot to make his world keep booming.

17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Rocky was the man.... I don't know why I don't have that one? I have all sorts of signed stuff from him.
    :cool: To funny looking old guys in Jersie's! We rock.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Not being a smart a$$ because I'm genuinely curious but where does one buy American made electronics? TVs, stereos, etc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Man, it's tough...... a friggin Coffee Maker, "Mr. Coffe" is from China. I finally found one from Germany.
    My TV's are Samsung... I think I am going to have to live with that.
    I've committed to buying anything made anywhere but China, so that means Korea, etc... (I've been doing this for many years)

I'm a guitar player and so many of the greats are now made in China.
    But I still own USA made guitars, I was fortunate enough to be old enough to have a '57 Gibson Les Paul, '49 Danelectro, '60 Strat.... a 72 Telecaster.. etc.

All I can say is I wear the internet down looking for stuff and sometimes, you are forced into that china-junk.
    It is sad.

• Like Like x 1
  20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Remember the good ol days when things were also made in Taiwan. Hell, now you can't even call it Taiwan because china will FYU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife likes Rocky because of his military background and story. We have friends who are military and we have gone to memorial events where Rocky was there. Nice guy. So that was a good jersey for her. She actually grew up in New Mexico but part of our prenuptial agreement was she had to move to Pittsburgh and root for the Steelers.

The third part of the agreement was she had to drink Iron City beer but I let her out of that one.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    OH man! "Iron City Beer" - that was once a staple.
    I remember my old man, sitting in his recliner, listening to the Steelers on the radio with a cold Iron City Beer ever present in his had.
    "Those God D***** Browns cheated again!"

The old man was a die-hard Steeler fan and survived those days when wins were seldom seen.
    He would gather with his buddies in the garage and drink that stuff on a Saturday afternoon to discuss the game plan for Sunday.
    Never saw him drunk or loose his composure.. he was righteous all the time.
    Later we got a black and white TV and the old man was in heaven, and I of course served double duty as the antenna and remote.
    One Sunday, Mom committed the cardinal sin of insisting on watching 'Secret Storm" or some other program at game time.
    The old man respected her a lot and never said a word other than a meek attempt at "but the game..." Mom had powers.
    What he did, was he found one of those TV repair shops, and he weaseled a $15 tv from the owner.
    He brought it home and wired it all up out in the garage.
    The damn thing rolled the picture a lot and someone had to fiddle with the Vertical and Horizontal holds.. that would be my role.
    But the old man and his buddies were happy sitting about the garage in those old cheap lawn chairs that ate up the back of your legs, and during commercial break staring under the hood of the old mans '51 Chevy while complaining about the coaching, the refs, the players, etc.....

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Seems like the dude has never been the same since he was laid out by Vontaze Burfict. R.I.P. AB

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. :thumbs_up:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You can still get American guitars, but the best way 2 do that is 2 get them from up ,and coming guitar companys.
    I don't know if this company is around, but I bought some Tradition Guitars about 10 years ago....I'd put up against anything I've ever owned. Also crazy thing is ....The most expensive one I bought was used,and I spent only 200 dollars for it. Hell it's been My go 2 Guitars since I got it.