1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top ten Steelers Linebackers All Time

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, May 9, 2022.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Brian Hinkle was one tough S.O.B. He was old school.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I was too young to truly appreciate the teams in the '70s. The first season I really remember closely following was 1984, and the strengths of that team were Lipps and Stallworth at receiver and the linebacking corps of Hinkle, Merriweather, Little, and Robin Cole. I still have an autographed picture of Cole somewhere. I loved watching those guys play.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Yep, the 80s linebackers were the main reason (at least for me, anyway) why watching Steelers games was still so much fun, despite the overall lower talent level on the team keeping them from being as good as we wanted them to be. I mentioned this a while back in another thread, but there were occasions during those years when game announcers mentioned how other players around the league referenced the Steelers as being as tough a team physically to play against as there was in the league, and how they "felt" them longer into the following week than they did other teams. And that was primarily due to the excellent play of those linebackers. They were fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1