1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft impressions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_Elvis, Apr 30, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    You're right. I knew i should have attempted one when i posted.
    Well ynot.

Any talking head:

Well, the fans are going crazy here in Vegas.
    It's one hell of a trek to the podium. That was one awesome pick for Baltimore at 14.We've talked about it since it happened an hour ago and now the Steelers are On The Clock.
    Let's go to commercial.

As far as how the draft was for the Steelers? I'm fine with it. Excited too, but that's been like that for decades.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DuckSux

DuckSux Active Member

Dec 22, 2019
    Waiting to watch the Pittsburgh Dad video to get his thoughts!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Therefore, you can't be disappointed at this point either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    sorry, yes, I meant lineMAN....

I worry still about the OL. Dotson doesn't move well laterally if there is more zone blocking. All rest is raw and green (no pun)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown took plenty of shots, including a few others just against the Bengals. Didn't he take a cheap shot from one of their safeties while catching a big touchdown pass the very next time the Steelers played the Bengals after the big hit by Burfict?

Brown was very strong for a little guy. He put the work in to get stronger. Austin is going to have to do that, too. He isn't nearly as strong as Brown. Some defensive backs are going to be able to get their hands on him and that is going to give him trouble. His shiftiness will help, but he's still going to get pushed around for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The cheese may have slid off his cracker but I certainly give Brown a lot of credit for working hard to be as good as he was

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. He is either mentally ill or just a really bad guy. It seems likely that he was always one of those things or both, but the Steelers managed to keep his idiocy mostly contained for a long time. He was also a dominant player who was loved for his production and his work ethic for most of his time in Pittsburgh. I know many fans don't want to be reminded of that, but most of us just rolled our eyes at the knucklehead stuff until that last week of his final season with the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2