1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuitt update from Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, May 5, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    At this point it is time to move on. It is now May. If Tuitt still hasn't committed to play, then it is safe to say his heart isn't in it. I can't imagine that even the Steelers think he is coming back at this point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    While being sensitive to Tuitt's struggles, I am surprised he is not motivated to play and dedicate the season to honor his brother.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the last couple of drafts have been offensive heavy. najee, moore, green, austin, pickens, friermuth, pickett, and a few decent UDFA's. i expect the next one will be defensive heavy as some contracts run out and the dead money comes off the boards. we have some guys signed on defense long enough to make the new guys transition into roles at that point. adams, avery, jack, witherspoon, wallace, sutton. as we lose them we should also aquire draft picks as well. we will keep the core like minkah, TJ, highsmith, loudermilk, and add too them in the next couple of drafts. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Still seems like a holding pattern to me

But at some point in time that plane has to land

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like many on this board who have been watching the Steelers for over 50 years
    Especially after Dan Rooney saved the franchise from his father. Steelers do not put up
    with players that don't fight thru injuries or put up productive numbers. As I said in another thread,
    a change of scenery might be best for both sides. We just saw this play out with Devin Bush.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I would be consoling but firm.... I'd call him into the Office, and say this.....

" First off, again...We are very, very sorry for what you are going through...But we are going to need a decision from you ( June 1st, or pick a date ) We have to start assembling an Off-season vision and workout schedule...We really hope you're here, because you're a great player and we're much better with you...But we understand what you are going through and we'll be here for you.... Whatever you decide "

That's beyond fair, and it's not being unsympathetic...But it's been a year, they're trying to run a business and formulate a plan...Can't just NOT know forever imo...

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    or take off cause this plane is stuck on the runway

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    or crash. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    no we didn’t. Bush is still playing for the Steelers. A change of scenery implies that he is playing for another team. Obviously that isn’t the case.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Meh, i'm tired of messing with/ waiting on him,, Its time to realize bad things in life happens, ya deal with it and move on... at this point he got 8 mill for doing nothing last year, let him kick rocks

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    We will likely have an answer on May 24th. The start of OTA’s. If he isn’t with the team then it is probably a safe bet that Tuitt is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel at this point he is being unfair to the team. He was paid last season and has made bank in his time here and lets be fair off injured.

Yes he is a force when healthy. But still the knee? And he still isn't mentally right?

Carrying him another season with no playing time would be unacceptable.

They restructured him 5 times! His dead cap will be 9.680M if they release him. He is untradeable at this point.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/stephon-tuitt-14455/

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You are not dealing or messing with him. In fact you have absolutely no role in the situation whatsoever.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    At this point, I definitely got to think about letting him go. I do hope he finds joy and comfort in life. But this is a business.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let me rephrase this in Bush's case if you don' produce the Steelers aren't going to keep you/ extend you especially on second contract.

• Like Like x 1
  17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I hate to break it to you but that’s how it works with every player. if you don’t produce you don’t get a second contract or you get a contract for the vet minimum

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Thank you for your imput.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    This is a two year process. We pretty much set the foundation for the offense the last two drafts. Next year we are projected to have 60 million in cap space. nock it down to 45 million after we sign Fitzpatrick and the Rookies. With 45 million we can go out and get a legit number one cb in free agency and bring in a LT. Then spend the draft during up the defensive line and linebackers and safety. Icing on the cake would be for Trubisky to do really well this year, get a minor injury and have Pickett come in and do really well and then we trade Trubisky next year for some draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    As always, my pleasure

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we have a left tackle. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know why he wouldn't be ready unless he has some kind of degenrative knee that won't be getting better, similar to Todd Gurley.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Not an Elite One!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Reading between the lines it does not sound like he is ready to come back. My guess is he will end up on the Reserve / Retired list at some point, probably after June 1st so the team can spread the dead cap out.

At this point I don’t think it would surprise anybody if he does not not play football again, which would be understandable given what he and his family have been through. Hope he can find peace and happiness again in the future after such a terrible tragedy.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    At this point he has got to be treated like everyone else, he goes on FMLA, retires, or you play.

• Like Like x 1