1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers Chris Oladokun

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dirty, Apr 30, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

No hating here!! :herewego:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I get that and obviously don’t have a problem with it since I wanted Willis but I was asking that in the context of AQL scenario.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They could've gotten Oladokun as a UDFA :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It was terrible. I've actually hated it since they moved it in to prime time, although I understand why they did.

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Maybe, maybe not
    If you say it enough times maybe it will be true

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I only need to say it one time, he's a wasted draft pick, should've taken Strong over him for the practice squad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Clearly the Steelers had him rated higher than strong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They also had Mason with a first round grade :shrug:

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Here’s my thoughts, not that anyone cares.
    If either Pickett or Tribusky are merely competent, than our offense is significantly better than the last 3 years. That helps our defense, who aren’t going to get time of possessioned to death every weekend. We really have not had a top 20 qb in 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nobody wanted these qb's in the draft so stashing them for a season on the PS should not be hard to do. mason only has a year on his contract and trubisky 2, so i could see us stash this kid for down the road easily. he got a rifle arm. :cool:

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Strong signed as an UDFA with the Eagles. Not a bad spot to be in. It's not like Jalen Hurts is a franchise QB, he was so bad in their playoff game it looked like it was the first time he ever played QB.
    I see Cole Kelley went undrafted too but did sign with Washington to join Sam Howell there.

12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If you wanted proof all along even going back to last year and before that if you thought the Steelers didn’t believe in Mason Rudolph see what they did by signing Trubisky in March and what they have done the last 2-3 days in the draft. They truly never believed in him and this proves it. How he walks back into that locker room in camp or whenever and has any type of confidence moving forward I will never know. He is officially all but done here though and the sooner the Steelers move on from Rudolph whether it’s by trade or release the better off they will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Doubtful he would have signed with us

14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I would trade him for a 7th. Just so we save cap space

15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I have to agree with this. We both know that I was highly critical of Willis; with that said, I wasn't high on Pickett either. I wanted CB in that spot whether it was McDuffie, Elam or Booth. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Trubisky outperforms Pickett by a large margin. The biggest part of his adjustment is going to be the speed of the game and being more precise. I think Pickett is going to be an average to very good starting QB; thinking Neil O'Donnell or Derek Carr level. With all said, this scenario seems plausible and I actually would've lived with it: 1: CB McDuffie or DL Wyatt; 2: WR Pickens; 3 QB Willis. Who knows what the butterfly effect would've looked like if the Steelers passed on Pickett though.

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    So

31 other teams didn’t think strong was worth a 7th

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Easy, he’ll walk back in with his helmet on.

18. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Ppl are upset about getting a legit Heisman finalist and day 1 starter over a project QB.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This pick didn’t make any sense to me last night but it’s his knee, the medicals didn’t make anyone feel confident, one scout said he is going to move around like an old man Philip Rivers. Still, Strong was the best thrower of the football in the class and first rd arm talent, he’s light years ahead of Oaldokum. I would think it’s smarter to not put all your eggs in the Pickett basket. Who cares about system, if you are relying on your 3rd string QB to come in and save you, you are already ****ed regardless of the system you run. Can find another OC easier than a starting QB.

If Strongs knee turns out ok, he’ll be the next starter of the Eagles. Hurts is going to get only one more year to show he can play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin says they had a first round grade on him

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Or any other camp arm. Colbert has done a good job overall, but every now and then he has some real headscratchers. Like drafting a long snapper, trading up for a punter, etc.

I guess they had their reasons.

I'll say it again. The FO's actions tell you all you need to know regarding what they thought of Mason Rudolph and last year's WR corps. When you give MR only a one year extension, sign a free agent QB to a two year deal, and spend not one, but two, including a first, on a QBs those aren't signs of confidence. Same with the wide receivers. It would have cost the team $1M more in cap space compared to last year to keep JuJu, RayRay, and WashWash. Nope. They'd rather let them go, spend two picks on unproven WR's. I'm not saying these are bad moves either. Just that the assessments of many on this MB were at complete odds with what the FO's actions were saying and have now basically verified.

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mason had his opportunity and basically crapped the bed. He’s shown us who he is and that’s a backup. I was really rooting for him but he basically blew his opportunity. Maybe he’ll get a chance to redeem himself elsewhere, but in the NFL you only get one chance to make a first impression and he did nothing to demonstrate he’s a top flight starter during his time in Pittsburgh. I like him and wish him well but his days are numbered as a Steeler. So long, Mason, and good luck on your next stop.

23. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Probably will go to the Browns or Steelers West

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Jalen Hurts = Malik Willis. Glad we didn't draft him.

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think we should have all expected 4 QB’s in camp….. I’m happy with our current roster.

I would expect…. Trubisky wins the job, Pickett takes #2 for a season….. Rudolph #3 and Oladokun stays practice squad until an injury emergency.

it’s fun to hear all the draft critics and experts…. Wills got drafted in the late 3rd an Howell in the 5th…. Strong UDFA…..it is what it is. Let’s just be happy we addressed some roster needs and see how they perform. I personally can’t wait for Latrobe.