1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett analysis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Apr 29, 2022.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    By JT O'sullivan. He's a better YouTuber than he was a quarterback, but he still was a quarterback at the highest level so he knows better than anyone here.

• Like Like x 4
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Good breakdown by JT. Some good things and some opportunities. Seems like the opportunities are coachable.

• Like Like x 3
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Coachable by who...

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Some other team. Obviously our coaches suck

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't worry about coaching on the D side with Flores added.... but yeah, offense is a problem. Steelers have off-the-charts talent at RB and TE with Harris and Friermuth.. but the coaching will limit their greatness, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    When did we get a coach?

7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    When did you fix your CAPS LOCK KEY?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Did you see what he said this morning?

I'm paraphrasing but, he said "Youre in a division with Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, and Massage Watson, and you think the answer is Kenny picket? What were they thinking? Good luck with that."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Does he have the arm strength Rudolph doesn't?

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lamar has one win against the Steelers, and one playoff win :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He did that in overtime with a field goal against Duck Hodges.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I agree. What ere they thinking.

14. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    That dude has always been a condescending a**hole with very drawn out videos. Couldn't care less what he thinks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    If they give Trubiski some token starts it's just to justify picking him up. He's really not the starter any longer. May as well just admit the mistake, or I guess Steelers would say their good fortune, and get on with playing the real starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

If it is any consolation, Mike Sullivan is one of the better QB Coaches in the league. Remember that he is a graduate from Army; very regimented and very disciplined. In addition, the Steelers did hire an Assistant QB Coach in David Corley; an actual blast from the past as he was with the Steelers back in 2010.

Now, this is not to say my overall viewpoint of Pickett has changed; me believing he is either close to or has hit his ceiling. However, if it is just the small details, Kenny has shown he will bust his butt off for him to get better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I have to respect his thoughts, opinions, and comments about players ability, techniques and mechanics. As a QB at the highest level, he deserves it. I take them very seriously.

I don't have to respect his thoughts, opinion, and comments regarding the management of a football team. He was never a GM and his opinions carry no more weight than any other former player in the media.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I highly doubt either QB will be a franchise QB so does it really matter who starts.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s funny… if you watch all of his analysis segments on the QBs in this draft, you can’t link his tape assessment to his opinions on who to draft. It’s like he threw his own film analysis out the window and said “just draft based on physical traits” I could understand if he asked what we were thinking taking ANY of these QBs in the 1st round, but to say we should have taken Willis instead makes no sense after watching all of his film analysis.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Should have been Willis but they were in love with the homegrown talent and don’t want to wait to develop Willis and wasting two years of TJ, Minkah, Harris and the others.

Just have to hope they are right about Pickett, he comes with his own set of red flags.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  21. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I’m just glad we don’t have to watch Rudolph start. Between him and Trubinisky, Rudolph should be 4th string. Yes I skipped one that’s how bad Mason is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m trying to talk myself into being happy about Pickett. The team knew him better than any other team due to sharing a facility, and I’m giving some weight to that. My guy was Howell, and we see what 32 teams think of him, so be it. Pickett would have been my #1 by a large margin had it not been for hand size and seeing him struggle with wind and rain. I think his film shows a guy who can be reasonably projected to develop quickly into a Derek Carr/Kirk Cousins caliber QB if he takes the next step in development. You can win championship with that caliber QB if you build a good team around him. That’s my hope at this point anyway, because I see no realistic chance of him developing into a guy who will put a team on his shoulders. However I see a good probability of him being solid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. But he is great.

I guess a Titans jersey is in order? Why did someone wait until the middle of the 3rd round to take a flier? :shrug:

24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly. Baltimore did it twice with Flacco and Dilfer. The Steelers got there with O'Donnell. The Eagles did it with Wentz/Foles.

Pickett is safe. He's going to be mediocre at worst. You can win with that. At worst, he's a 4 year Trubisky.
    You let the real Trubisky go after 2 years and you have KP for 2 more years while you figure out if he's the future or not and if you need to replace him.
    Switch KP and Willis and he doesn't pan out, you're forced into making a decision in two years....either extend Trubisky or sign another QB....or take a crap shoot on one in the draft.
    That's what "safe" gets you.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really? Thats your argument? Draft round? Good job :thumbs_up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1