1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Kenny Pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    With having a legit #2 QB. We only need to be paying a #3 minimum.

The reason I don't care for a #3 QB. Is because Pickett or trubisky is a legit #2. And there's other positions I rather float with more players for.

2. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    That's why I said, shouldn't be Mason. Grab a couple of camp arms and see who sticks. A Dobbs type is all they need.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    We might soon see if Canada's pop gun offense is his design or was Ben's noodle arm. Still luv yah BB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I now only feel bad for investing so much time looking at interviews with Mitch. I'm talking like the whole 20 minutes. I have to now focus on the Kenny.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I saw all I wanted to see from Mason in the Detroit game last year.

Big supporter of Mason and Canada last year, but after the Detroit game I FINALLY REALIZED i NEEDED TO MOVE ON FROM Mason

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I would guess his college number 8. I don't believe anyone of consequence on the roster currently wears it so he should get it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  7. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Spoke to my Steeler buddy prior to draft as we always do to exchange who we'd each like. He said that safety from ND and I said that short armed center from Iowa. Not having a good night.

8. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    have you ever watched him play ?

9. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Tommy Maddox wore number 8 lol

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome Pickett. Go on to be what the last Pitt QB they should have drafted was. :steelflag:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers the 6 time Super Bowl champions young man

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hope I am proven wrong about him. His processing pre snap, processing post snap, overall mechanics (best in the class), ability to extend plays, Football IQ, accuracy and mentality are all endearing traits for certain.

However, it is fair to question whether or not he has reached the limit of what he can do in terms of his ceiling. So many were comparing him to Joe Burrow (something I truly found confusing to say the least) but the difference between Burrow and Pickett was that, despite Burrow's age entering his draft class, his 2019 CFB Season was truly eye opening in terms of how he was able to perform after only starting one season; hence why Burrow's potential was so much higher contrary to popular belief. Pickett had played for 4 seasons; saving his Senior Season for last. That said, can Pickett get even higher than what was displayed during his final season at Pitt in 2021?!

Time will tell for certain. I do not question the desire, work ethic or leadership to get better. His overall abilities to improve?! That is a different discussion all together.

All this aside, welcome Kenny!!! Please prove me wrong!!! :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

I would love nothing more!!! :herewego::herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Do not think I have EVER SEEN him this excited... ever.

This includes the likes of T.J. Watt, Ryan Shazier and, if I recall.. even David DeCastro!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You say that like Ben didn't have the balls or maybe he just didn't have the time behind that ****ty OL he had last season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm apprehensive about this pick didn't believe there were any qb's worth a first round pick in this years draft. Good thing both Mitch and Mason are somewhat mobile unless they pull out some OL gems later in the draft. I hope I'm proven wrong by Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    But I was told the Steelers want a running QB, and they love Malik Willis :rolleyes:.

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    During the draft, Pickett was described as a potential "Matt Hasselbeck." Ugh, yawn.

Great for him getting drafted in the 1st round. Not so sure how good it could be for the team.

Yeah, welcome to the team Kenny. Please prove my doubt wrong.

18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Sucks to see Hamilton go to the Rats, but I think Linderbaum is going to take some time. I have a feeling he is going to get Green'ed a few times into the pocket with that light waist and those T-rex arms. He will excel in some areas and struggle in others. Lets see what we do with the rest of the draft before we get all upset about what the Ravens took.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He can get the stink out of that #8 maybe? 1 would be cool, but I am liking the transition from 7 to 8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure if it's been said yet, but every time he gets sacked, I'll be blurting out "they killed Kenny".

Just gave my girl advance warning that this will be the new normal.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    “You bastards!”

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Heinz Field is changing it’s name to Kennywood.

• Like Like x 2
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Lot of teams who desperately needed a qb passed him so thats alarming since teams usually reach for qbs. Didn't watch him much. Will just see what he does in the nfl to judge. From what I here he doesn't have the highest ceiling. We will see.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Underrated post

I guess steely McBeam will now be Kenny kangaroo?

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Having heard a lot of negatives about him here, I was surprised by how good he looked when I got to watching tape.

I agree with you and @AskQuestionsLater that the ceiling is the question, but at least it’s not going to be a Browns/Jets scenario where he’s thrown to the wolves from the off.