1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Round of 2022 NFL draft, Steelers select QB poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Yes they pick a QB in round 1

2. No they'll pick another position

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    They drafted Kenny. You bastards!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, time will tell. Hope to be wrong but I see zero upside of Pickett over Mitch. Wasted pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I hope I'm wrong, but now I have to pray Willis is a bust. I think we'll be regretting this pick for years.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, Hanratty's old. We can't call for him forever. :hehehe:

5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Pickett is nothing like Trubisky, if you had seen him play, you wouldnt say that. Pickett can get the ball into seams and can throw the ball accurately during movement. Those are more important in the NFL than anything when it comes to the NFL.

His weakness are he is thin, has small hands and not as strong of an arm. 2 of those 3 can be improved if he works at it. And it will be easier for him since he will have a star running back, good receivers, tight end and a solid defense. Steelers just need to make sure they get 2 or 3 offensive lineman in this draft for him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I like the pick. He’s not elite right now but has plenty of upside and his floor is already really solid.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Are you like his uncle or something? Jeezus H.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, his last name could also include "fumble"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I will gladly eat crow but when has this been an issue? The kid has been right there in their face, if it were a problem, they would have picked up on this a long time ago. Its a stat that someone made up that means nothing and now people are all up in arms about it....Brett Favre had 10.38" hands and lead the NFL in fumbles. I said what I said....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Why sign Tribisky if they were taking a QB in the first. We could have had another decent free agent in free agency instead. Pickett will play this year. Rudolph could have done what Tribisky is going to do. We paid about 4 million per start. Makes the Free agent signing of TE Green look like a great move. Down vote this all you want. You will agree with me before Halloween

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. Makes no sense. If they'd taken Willis and let him sit to develop I could see it. We now have 3 Qbs who are essentially the same guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Sound logic. The Steelers have glaring needs all over, and this doesn't make them immediately better.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He is somebody who knows a lot more about Pickett than you do. You actually think he and Trubisky are similar. Why? Because they are both mobile white guys?

Trubisky's biggest issue is his lack of accuracy. That is one of Pickett's greatest strengths.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You really don't know what you are talking about. Pickett is a very different player than both Rudolph and Trubisky. Rudolph lacks toughness under pressure. That is a strength for Pickett. Trubisky isn't consistent enough with his accuracy. That is a strength for Pickett. I really don't know what some of you have been reading, watching, or listening to for you to come up with these takes.

Pickett could be a bust. Quarterbacks are always risky, but this idea that he is just like the guys they have is pure ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Homer glasses as they may be… glad they didn’t knee jerk and trade up. Like him over the others. Wasn’t my pick but he’s our guy let’s go Stillers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I like the pick. He wouldn't have been my first choice there. I would have liked Hill, McDuffie, or Linderbaum. Maybe even Wyatt. That said, Pickett is a legit first-round quarterback. I thought he was the best of this year's quarterbacks, but I would have been pissed if they had traded up to get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Nice try teach. You know so much that now you're telling me what I know and what I don't. Boy, that is rich. And your mobile white guy comment? No need to project your angst for getting picked on as a child.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
  19. SteelerJon

SteelerJon New Member

Apr 29, 2022
    You know I did not want a QB this year. I am definately glad we did not get freaken Malik Willis. Now we got Kenny Pickett. I am a little psyched now and I want to go get Kenny a shiny new toy tomorrow at WR lol.

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No, but I'm your daddy. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You thought he was the same as Trubisky and Rudolph, so clearly you know nothing about Pickett. As usual, your insults can't cover for your ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Really hoping Skyy Moore falls or the Steelers move up to get him. Hell, he played high school ball with Tomlin's kid! They have to love him, right?

23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    We could see Moore in round 2 and Cross, the safety from Maryland, in round 3. He was Tomlin’s kid’s roommate I’ve read.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t agree. They needed to do something to ensure that there was a starter ready to go, and Rudolph is not that guy. Trubisky isn’t being paid a ton, especially compared to the other free agents who were signed to start. The draft was nearly 2 months away, and there was no way to predict whether Pickett would be there for us. Even if they liked other QBs, Pickett is likely the only one who will be ready to start by mid-season. If you do nothing you’re banking on getting Pickett despite there being 19 picks ahead of you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I would truly be over the moon of this happened. However I just don’t see either guy being available at those picks after watching some of their games. They’re both good players.