1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Round of 2022 NFL draft, Steelers select QB poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Yes they pick a QB in round 1

2. No they'll pick another position

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Some are now saying the Steelers will be the first team to draft a QB at 20.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't believe it, It's all a smokescreen... Pickett and Willis will both be gone

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope so. :beg:

This will be the first draft I've watched since the Bud Dupree draft in 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Not better than Mason? That's an opinion and you're welcome to hold it and I have no issues with you feeling that way. But I the body of work that Fitz brings to the table is far more than what Rudolph brings. I would still like to see him compete with Fitz a little to see if that's true. We'll see what happens

5. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Let me introduce Desmond Ridder to you! I hope they don't take one either. No QB falling to them is worth the 20 pick. But then that's just an opinion from me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    mid the Steelers select a qb it will be Ridder or Corral

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am hoping the Steelers want to move up, but wait to long to do it as 3 QBs come off the board in the top 10.

Looking at the first 10 picks those are 7 teams that do not have a franchise QB on their team. Hopefully they will chase a QB before the Steelers can even think about making a trade offer to move up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mmm. One out of three of us think we will draft a QB.

I`m serious about not drafting a QB, not from this crop, EVEN IF none are picked before we are up.

Please. We need value and a raw QB in this particular draft has no value. I see no QB value like I did in 2004.

Just imagine if this was 2004. How far would this year`s QB pretenders fall if E. Manning, Rivers and Ben were being drafted ahead of them? Your answer would be where true value is for these projects.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    funny, I saw some updated mocks..... one had us trading up to the giants 5th pick and selecting willis..... while another had NO QB's drafted until we selected willis at 20...... I mean if we were trading up to 5, with very little draft capital.... wouldn't we pick a sure thing? I'm not sold on willis being "high ceiling" as the media has been saying..... a lot of 'what if's' in those assumptions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Willis is a wild card.
    The Steelers sent a huge group with watch him.. probably the largest group of any team.

I think Ridder is the next guy that will be tough for them to pass on.

11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Bailey Zappie senior year 5,937 yards 62 TDs 11 Interceptions. I prefer we don’t draft a QB but if you must take a QB take this guy in the 3rd round. That’s one year not his college career.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I know the mock drafts are all over the place people really have no clue.

We'll find out shortly I bet 2 or 3 QBs at least go in the top 15 not because they are that good but because of a QB desperate league that overdrafts the position continuously

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with this. QBs have been a hot commodity since 2014, regardless of their skillset or experience. These days, teams are more likely to roll the dice on a QB. It wouldn't surprise me if 4 QBs were taken before Steelers pick at 20. There's 8 teams with multiple picks in the 1st and other teams willing to trade with those 8 teams. Just hope it ain't the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Exactly; look at the Steelers. Besides Ben, in the last 3 year they have had Two 1st round QBs on their roster.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  15. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope we don't take a QB in the first. But if we do I hope it's not Willis even though if he falls to us I think it will be him because I have seen reports of Tomlin falling in love with him. But 27 TD's against 12 Ints does not give me warm fuzzies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Willis played at Liberty. Liberty plays a bunch of schools nobody has ever heard of. And Willis-fans will yell... But Ben played at Miami of Ohio! Sorry.... but the MAC conference was already proven with Pennington and Leftwich, legit NFL QBs, before Roethlisberger was drafted in 2004.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If they are wringing hands just because it's a Qb then that's a bigger problem than over reach. I know that they have supposedly done their research, but you have a board for a reason. If it's just Qb or bust at number 1 then the board is skewed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    D-Line in round one.

Here’s a hint why and how they showed their hand in what position they will likely draft.

It’s the ONLY position that they didn’t bolster this year in free agency AND it’s clear after last season it’s a position group in need of a major up grade.

The line is old. Even with Heyward still a beast, we have no idea how big old man Alualu will be after recovering from his injury and the _______ glaring WTF of Tuitt. Even if he decides to play again, does he have the heart for it anymore??? He’s shown everyone nothing to base anything good on.

Mark it down - you heard it here first - The Georgia kid Jordan Davis!!!

And I like it…..!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

They would have to move up to get Davis, .jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Davis goes to the Ravens at #14 (unless he’s already gone by then). I’d be OK with him at #20 for sure.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I was against them drafting a QB this year. Now with all the talk of the Seahawks or the Saints taking Malik Willis ahead of us, I'm almost thinking I don't want us missing out. I'm still not one hundred percent sold on any of them.

22. xplatformjedi

xplatformjedi Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015

Oh Yes PLEASE.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe I've said this before, but I won money on that pick. It's who I picked Us 2 draft that Year.

24. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I think the last pick I got right for the Steelers was the Jesse James pick.

• Like Like x 1
  25. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Every time I think of Kenny Pickett, I cannot stop thinking of the scene from "Friends" when Chandler dressed as Santa tried giving Ben a dollar and he dropped it. Then Chandler says "It would have worked if his hands weren't so damned small!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2