1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Edmunds probably coming back on the cheap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I wonder if we should have a locked there that only had signings that we do in FA. And then as the season is about to start, remove the thread.... What do y'all think?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t have a SteelersDepot account

Is it free or pay

Will I get spammed for signing up

Should I sign up

4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    It is free. I'm not aware of any "accounts".
    Articles are interesting, but don't take them too seriously. These are not professional journalists.

(Ads on the site causing my computer fans to spin faster are annoying, but what else is new.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    It is hilarious to me how people act like he sucks.

Mathieu was an 88.1, just FYI.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Those rankings are a joke. They don't even see the times he completely blows a coverage, which is still far too often because someone is wide open while Edmunds is not where he is supposed to be. To call Edmunds average is generous. If you want proof of that, look at what happened this offseason. Nobody wanted him. Despite his physical tools and four years of experience as a starter in the NFL, nobody really wanted him, so he had to come crawling back to the Steelers for backup money.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    People aren’t acting they just watched the games

And they don’t let some website like pick.6 think for them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's hilarious that people have 2 go 2 some obscure mean nothing list for a guy when that is only a fraction of His job.
    Seriously.....One thing, and one thing only should tell You what the whole NFL thinks about Him...not just fans. He's a 1st round pick...that is still really young...with no injuries, and He had 2 crawl back 2 the team for barely over league minimum. :shrug:
    Enough said.
    Have no idea why this posted twice. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And only a 1 year contract.

I guess this means Chalk Talk will return for another year with Edmunds and Wolfley
    https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-chalk-talk-88314615/.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    There were reports that the Bengals and Dolphins had some interest in him.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It couldn't have been much if he settled for $2.5 million for one year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    edmunds, joseph, killebrew. these may not be the greatest strong safeties in the game but that's a lot more than most teams have at that one position. does this move the position down in the draft? should we be worried more about the free safety position? minkah and norwood. what happens if minkah doesn't sign or gets hurt? this has to be one of these can play both type of picks. hill, cross, cine types. brisker, pitre are more suited to SS. mc kinley to free safety. boulden to strong. cook to strong. blount may be both. belton is a strong. nolan is a strong. many options even after this draft. some of these guys could even push for that marcus allen type spot near the LOS if they so choose. for a position of need this is a good year to need. extremely deep. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    Instead of saying "Nobody wanted him", you could have said "There wasn't a lot of interest in him."
    Exaggeration weakens your argument.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's hilarious that people have 2 go 2 some obscure mean nothing list for a guy when that is only fraction of His job.
    Seriously.....One thing, and one thing only should tell You what the whole NFL thinks about Him...not just fans. He's a 1st round pick...that is still really young...with no injuries, and He had 2 crawl back 2 the team for barely over league minimum. :shrug:
    Enough said.
    Either way....Do You not think a 1st round SS... that has no injuries, is still very young, and was looking for His 2nd contract (1st big contract) having 2 comeback for 2.5 million dollar for one year says it all???:shrug:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m guessing that for a safety, “passer rating allowed” only counts when the safety is in the same zip code as a targeted receiver. He’s actually not bad at covering when he has a man coverage assignment. Not bad, not good. When he has responsibility for a deep zone… whoah. I still remember him playing a deep half in cover 2 man this year, and abandoning the only receiver heading deep on his side of the field to turn his back and run towards the goalposts where there was nobody else within 25 yards. If a QB can manipulate a safety to cover a vacant part of the field, that safety has big awareness issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don’t take vague reports with no attribution seriously. Apparently, you do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    So you are claiming that there are solidly attributable reports from 31 teams that they didn't want Edmunds?
    We don't know what offers were made to his agent or not, that is true.
    But you can't use your lack of knowledge to claim that he definitely had no offers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He took a one-year, $2.5 million dollar deal. He took backup money. That is my evidence that nobody else wanted him. I get you are desperate to try to win this stupid little argument, but the only actual evidence we have is on my side.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    I suspect we are arguing different things.

I was taking "nobody wants him" to be something like Manziel's situation. After being cut by the Browns, he was out of the league entirely.
    It seem like you think "backup money" (more than twice the minimum they could have offered him) is the same as no interest.
    So be it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think there are only vague, unreliable reports of any other team showing interest, so all we can really go on is that nobody else made a decent offer, so he had to take a lowball deal from the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Lets not forget he’s a SS . His run support is a total disaster. He also cannot handle most TE’s or Rb’s in coverage. Our #1 issue on defense was up the middle and you can point directly at Bush and Edmunds as to why that was. Neither player can tackle and neither player attacks the ball. We need someone to compete with this guy for the starting position.

ss’s in their prime age don’t get ignored by the entire nfl unless the consensus is he sucks. Im guessing he was hoping for a starting job and not one team except the Steelers we’re willing to offer it to him. He’s a back up at best .

His lack if ability is largely covered up by TJ watt and the other guys in the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Honey Badger to the Saints. :facepalm:

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good