1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

i like this team.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Apr 26, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    even before the draft. i like what they have done in free agency and these additions. quite a different team then last year and the guys from last year got some very valuable playing time.

the secondary should be in pretty good shape.

the O-Line looks much better.

the D-Line got some players back and a good looking rookie got some time in.

i like what we have at WR right now and if they finally move sims and miller up i think this group can surprise.

TE we look pretty darn good. sternberger could be a plus.

the linebackers with the addition of jack and avery look to be in much better shape. johnson may get some time to show what he has as well.

trubisky should be an upgrade to an old ben. i still like mason behind the starter.

overall i think they can hang pretty well if they put it all together. we are a fairly young team right now. :cool:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to be a nit picker

“the O line looks much better”

Last year they were horrible

So are they now better than horrible

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That, and I'm far from sold on the secondary.
    I actually think the OL is better...for nothing more than experience. We had 2 rookies playing very important positions on that OL. Again. I'm most worried about a secondary that lost it best CB.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The DL is okay only if Alalu and Tuitt return, they need to draft a CB for the longterm, at WR they could still use two rookies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner Winner Winner :thumbs_up:

6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Definitely reason for optimism. A lot of "ifs", but nearly every team has them.

Tuitt is a major X-factor. Will he be back and if he is, will his mind, body and spirit be right? That's why I'm hoping the Steelers will draft as if he won't be here. Get Davis. If Tuitt comes back as good as ever and if Alualu is healthy, then your interior defensive line is arguably your biggest asset. That asset then allows the LB'ers to be that much better. Pound the other teams' offenses into the ground. Take some of the pressure off of our offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Still too many question marks for me. Still have no idea about Tuitt. At this point if he did return he would probably be a very rusty shell of himself. Bush, If he's anything like last season then that leaves a giant hole as well. Trubisky may be slightly better than Rudolph or could surprise us also. Rudolph, I pretty much seen how average he really is. Green stunk at Center, Hassenauer was better but they better figure out that need quickly. JuJu's gone. Najee's exciting but without running lanes he's bottled up. Claypool needs to stay on his feet. So that pretty much leaves it up to Watt, an aging Heyward, DJ, Fitzpatrick and Boswell to carry this team. Boykin, Freiermuth, Jack, Loudermilk and Alualu could help also but the rest of the roster doesn't scare many teams in the NFL. I would hardly call this team solid. Tomlin can probably get them to 9-8 though and continue his non losing season streak. JMHO.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The only think I really disagree with is our WR room. I am very sour on the WR room right now outside of Diontae. We have Claypool who is meh at best, three guys who were cut from their previous team and a punt returner. We HAVE to add a difference maker in that group. More so if we aren't planning on affording Diontae. I would be floored if the team didn't take a WR in the first 3 rounds. If you subtract DJ from that group its the worst in the league by far.

I can agree that the OL looks a lot better, the DL is healthy and we have two young players in Adams and Loudermilk to push. TE is solid, Najee is a beast , LB should be a lot better than last year with Jack and Avery in the mix, and I really like where we are at CB.

We have a shot at building a tremendous shell this year. We will not be last in the AFC North.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I liked the team last year, now with FA coming in this makes us
    much better and with a good draft we will be competing.

10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't like the secondary or the WR's

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They need one of the top receivers in the draft, they don’t have anything outside of DJ and Claypool and who knows if they will give DJ a second contract. They have to add one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

mason cole and james daniels were added to that O-line. :cool:

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    wormley played well last year and isn't old. carlos davis should be healthy again this year. that's two more younger guys on that D-line that can spell the older guys, which should make a huge difference in longevity.

if boykin, olszewski, miller and sims can contribute in roles with DJ and claypool, we should be in better shape then last year. the roles they play should help the two starters. vaughns, white and bussey in the wings as well. all 3 of them along with miller and sims have a year in the system.

buddy johnson should see some field time this year at LB too. also a year learning the basics.

i like that several of these guys that may not have contributed much on the field last year have at least been in the system to learn. it has to help from a knowledge standpoint instead of just a rookie's look. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm good with the spirit of this thread but we need to see how the draft works out. Really like the additions so far and hopefully we see good growth in the 2nd and 3rd year players. We didn't lose anyone great either. Still, while there aren't any major holes, there are several needs. If picks 1-4 add good players at DL, CB, WR, QB I'd be happy but that does leave out LB, OT, SS, RB. Hopefully the late round dart throws find a couple players and we do have enough $ to still add a cheap vet or two. I think I very much will like this team when it's done.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I like a lot of what the Steelers have done so far this off season, but I'm looking forward to see what happens with the draft. There is still plenty of room for improvement.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And the growth of two rookies

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and we got rid of turner who i thought was terrible. especially next to okrafor. now he has daniels next to him. daniels is a guy i wanted at the beginning of free agency. he is a stud. i can't believe they got him really. very nice addition. cole should be an upgrade at center as well. moore i knew would be good but didn't expect him to start last year. as you said valuable experience and he should get better this year. big plus. LG should be a dog fight in camp. i like that. leglue, pridgeon, green and dotson. may the best guy win. not to mention we may draft one. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    why don't you like the secondary? :cool:

19. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I don't like this team at all because Tomlin is still here. We'll suck every year until we get rid of him. Now that Ben is gone he no longer has any of Cowher's players to save him from a losing season. We are doomed!

We haven't had any fire Tomlin threads in a while so I figured I'd hijack this thread and stir the pot.

Please note that this was posted in green font. It might look black but it identifies as green and must be accepted as such.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    George Pickens is a Dark Horse pick for the Steelers in Round One. Look for him if the teams QB options are gone (or possibly option in Willis). Realistically speaking...., outside of Diontae and Pat... that really is, more or less what the team has.

I want to believe in Chase but his 2021 Rollercoaster of a season was.... difficult to stomach to say the least.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Like our DE's... Not sold on NT... Love Alualu, but he'll be 36 this season and is looking at his swan song with no real succession plan on place.. Adams is active, but I don't believe he's a full time solution.... The team appears to be using the same philosophy here as they are with the QB spot... I'm comfortable with our CB's... As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the team looks at CB unless a can't miss stud falls to them and leaves them no choice... Devin Bush's position needs to be upgraded as well ..

As for the offense, C still needs to be addressed as well as OT.... Chuks is not worth 10 million, and we don't know if Dan Moore will take the next step in his development.... We need a better backup for Najee as well.... As for WR, the team has a proven track record that I will trust.... I'm sure they grab one in the draft, but otherwise, it will come down to the developmental prospects we already have, such as Rico Bussey.....
    I strongly believe we should wait on the 2023 QB class, but it appears they are all in on getting one this yr.... I think we are roughly 2-3 yrs from being super bowl contenders again

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Skyy Moore confirmed a visit to the Steelers, and he is a native of Pittsburgh with a direct relationship to the Tomlin family. He’s also got some nice tape, though I have only scratched the surface on watching him. I believe he’s in the 20-25 range overall on PFF’s big board. He could be a dark horse as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I started reading this and a third of the way through my finger was aiming for the face palm but then I persevered to hilarious

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Positives:

The offensive line will not look offensive this season.
    They won't have 2 liabilities at ILB
    The D Line has some promising young players and should improve.
    Trubisky will surprise.

Negatives:

The Tuitt situation.
    Lack of receiver depth.
    Strong Safety did not get better.
    Solid back up running back.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole and Daniels were good additions which will keep the biggest liability in Green away from the center position. He will go to being a back up guard.

Miles Jack should let us forget about Schobert but the jury is still out on Bush.

Loudermilk, Wormley, Mondeaux and Adams I like and feel they will improve.

Sing along with Mitch will play above the line and has some wheels.

Tuitt? Hello? Are you in or not? What the hell is the secret? It's baffling.

Johnson, Claypool, White. Need to add at least 2 in the 2nd and 3rd day of the draft. And what if Johnson holds out and Claypool can't stay off his back? Yikes!

They resigned Edmonds. Enough said.

Benny Snell Football, McFarland, Jr, Edmonds. Need to upgrade.

I hope they stay at 20 and don't trade up for anyone. Trade down if anything and grab a another 3rd or late 2nd and the missing 5th.

• Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't understand the ....
    Wrs were fine last year, but aren't now, and the CBs weren't good last year , but are good now people. I'm confused.
    Some of the same people who thought the Wrs were fine last year think We must draft one, or two in the 1st three picks this year, and some of the people that complained about the CBs last year think they are fine this year...even though we lost our best Cb.:shrug:
    On Wr we only lost 2 guys that hardly did anything last year.
    So ....what gives???
    Why this sudden change of heart.

• Like Like x 1