1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~OFFICIAL 2022 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2022.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    we picked up a cb in the first.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What, I thought we took a CB in the 1st?

20) Pittsburgh Steelers: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

And put me down for Walker, as I have no faith in Chuks at RT.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not Enough.

4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Vote Tally:

9 - Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn St.
    1 - Malcom Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Calling it:

Walker in a run away, pun intended.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    6 needs and 4 real picks. Can't cover anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    @Lambert I am curious what order you rank the six needs. Mine would be DL, CB, WR, OT, QB, ILB, Edge.

When comparing QBs to starting pitchers, I would say Rudolph is like a #4 SP. Trubisky was drafted as a #1 SP, but has only proven to be a #3 SP. Roethlisberger was an ace, who declined the last few years. I do not see any of the QB prospects with more potential than Trubisky, so I would not draft a QB at 20, who ends up being a #2 or #3 SP type player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Agree with your QB assessment.... Differ with your ranking of our needs though.,.. yes, D-line is #1 on my list as well, particularly at NT...... But I disagree with CB being even on our radar..... We are currently going to trot out Ahkello Witherspoon, Levi Wallace and Cam Sutton in the slot (his best position IMHO)... That's a strength now that will be very low on the team's radar.. I doubt that we even draft a CB unless a major blue chipper falls to us and leaves us no choice...... SS would be #2 on my priority list, where Edmunds is only average at best..... OT would be 3rd just in case Dan Moore doesn't take the next step in his development.... ILB would be next for me as we have no idea what to expect from Devin Bush... Depth at OLB is an absolute must and we need to bring in another developmental WR to compete with the rest of our developmental prospects already on the roster.... The QB position is far too rich next year for us to reach for one now

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    Eh, it's fungible based on who's available and all that. Pretty much the same as yours. We could use a player at every position other than probably IOL and TE. I'd love more RB depth to save Najee some. DE is fine with me since I like Loudermilk, Wormley and others but certainly wouldn't complain if they added some major DE. Minkah will get a long term deal and we have bodies at SS for now though Edmunds isn't the answer. They could add a SS this year if the right guy drops.

Biggest needs (mostly in order):
    DT - Alu2 is old. I think we need a big, strong, fat guy in there
    WR - I do like Miller and Boykin as 4/5 but we need more. DJ wants a big contract and Chase had a poor 2nd season
    OT - Chuks and Moore... can probably live with one of them going forward but not sure I believe in the pair
    LB - Edge or inside? I'd go edge and pray Bush improves. Very little behind TJ and Alex.
    CB - Not a bad group now but Cam, Spoon and Levi look much better with a true #1 added
    QB - I like Trubs and don't really like the kids coming out. I'd be fine with someone like Rosen being #3 this year and reconsidering the position next season... but I know damn well we are drafting a QB, probably even in the 1st. I just hope they get it right.

Something like that. Just add 4 good players to start and throw some darts later. Probably still add a couple decent, cheap vets.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    As a counter point to the defense not getting any better (aside from us drafting a CB in the 1st)..... I think our defense last year was in great shape..... until our offense would go 3 & out, 3 & out, 3&out for long stretches. I think the defense will improve by improving the offense.... this is all a theory of mine, but I think there's a lot of truth to time of possession and scoring points. Najee will have an improved line, najee will improve, QB play is a HUGE question mark..... but I'm optimistic that they can improve on the dismal offensive play to help the defense get some rest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed. Though We should have went all Defense. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If this is true....explain 2 me the fact that We gave up TDs ....before the offense even seen the field, and Tds right after halftime. :shrug:

13. Lambert

Jun 5, 2015
    My orig post should have said can't cover "everything" but you knew that. ;)

Yeah, I'd be fine with all D and a WR. A top 3 D and a strong running game would be fun.

• Agree Agree x 1