1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Round of 2022 NFL draft, Steelers select QB poll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Yes they pick a QB in round 1

2. No they'll pick another position

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Fun guessing, which is all NFL mocks are.

So does Colbert get the Steelers a franchise QB of the future before going off in the sunset playing golf and margaritas?

Or do they draft another position in the 1st round?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If they draft a QB in round 1; I still don't know what would happen if Trubisky comes in and plays like the QB everyone thought he would be when he was the top QB selected, and #2 pick overall?

It is like having Two 1st round picks and taking a QB with both picks; I have never seen that happen before. If the Steelers believe like many that Trubisky was completely screwed up by the Bears coaching staff, and will become the next franchise QB of the Steelers, why spend another 1st round pick on a QB? Trubisky is still young enough that he could be here for another 10 years.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They brought the house to several QBs’ pro days and then brought the same guys in for pre draft visits. The signs are pointing to a 1st round QB whether any of us think it’s a good idea or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Another post about this?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Grrrrrr,, Tomlin sucks, lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You only have 4 or 5 days left and then all these pre-draft posts will be a thing of the past.

Of course you will then get the post draft blues postings everyday for about a month.

And if they draft a QB in the 1st round it is going to last all season long as to why this pick was completely worthless this year. :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No, I don’t think so

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s also possible after scouting them that thoroughly that they walk away not feeling any of them meet the criteria.

Colbert says here they have to get this right:

https://triblive.com/sports/if-stee...have-to-get-that-right-gm-kevin-colbert-says/

Ultimately, I think you are probably right and we’ll see one of them selected Thursday night.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nobody will know thurs. night if they got it right either. look at it like this, tom brady was a 6th round draft pick. he didn't light it up at michigan, he did however get better as a pro. that's my hope with this pick. many of these guys are good. not great but good. we can only hope the one we pick decides to get great. we work with them and they put the work in. that's what we can hope for. none of them are expected to win the super bowl thursday night like many here want. it's a process. we are sitting with two good qb's and a draft pick or two at the position after this weekend. we see where it goes from there. trubisky has his work cut out as well. so does mason. so does the newbies. so do the coaches. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If Willis falls to #20, it will be him. If any of the others fall to #52, then it will be the one that is available at #52.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    there are reasons to heavily scout a player and not draft him. Knowledge on a player is always good. If heavily scouted player comes up down the road a year or a couple of years from now for a potential trade , it's always helpful to have a thorough file on said player to be as confident as possible on pulling the trigger for a trade. I voted that Steelers will draft another position not QB in round 1. Hoping its more of BPA scenario that does not include forcing a QB pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't want a QB on the first.. but i do think they probably take one

And let's not throw the word FRANCHISE QB around

Eli, Rivers. BEN JP Losman

Or

PEYTON and Ryan Leaf

There are Franchise QBs and there are round 1 QBs... they are not the same

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, My position on the ‘23 class vs. any of the ‘22 prospects is pretty clear. Hopefully we at least don’t trade up in the 1st to get one. If we take one who lands in our laps, I hope it’s Howell. His play in ‘19 and ‘20 was really good, and that guy didn’t disappear, he was just put in a nearly impossible situation to be a star.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I voted they will not in first round

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    In the 2nd. We need to add to the D Line and I believe it will be with the 20th.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Should the Steelers pick a QB in the 1st round? No.

Will the Steelers pick a QB in the 1st round? Yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Voted yes for me.

Too many signs point to this direction. That said... who will it be?! Quite a bit of smoke for months now and that proverbial smokescreen is quite thick as the day rapidly approaches. Truth be told.... whomever that pick is.... remains anyone's guess.

Malik will be the pick.... assuming he is available of course. If not him, Corral or even Howell would not surprise me.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’d prefer that, but I don’t see us waiting.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed :this!:
    Just wish it was a 2nd round pick.
    There will be quite a few players I rather have in the 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    “That is the ultimate competitor’s position,” he said. “Those that run to and not from competition and those that embrace competition and the intensity of it and the anxiety maybe associated with it, they have a leg up. There are pedigree-related things per the position — arm strength, accuracy. That’s evident. It’s either present or it’s not. That intangible quality associated with competition is something that is valuable.”

Guess that takes Willis out of it, didn’t he go from Auburn to Liberty? Not another power 5 school but Liberty…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not nearly as sure of this as I was a few weeks ago. The more I read and hear, the more I think they would take Pickett over Willis.

22. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    They are kicking the tires like every other club looking for a QB but that doesn't mean they are taking one in the 1st round especially if their guy isn't there when it comes time to pick.

23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    You might be right. I personally hope they do not go QB at #20.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Only way I see the Steelers trading up for a non QB is if Kyle Hamilton is not just within striking distance but also for the right price. I did state in the bold prediction that Willis could fall all the way to 20. I also stated that Daxton Hill could go before Hamilton.

Truth be told... I want Hamilton... BADLY. Whether or not Terrell Edmunds returns should bear no difference in drafting and acquiring a difference maker on the defense. Hamilton is that type of player. If not him, Jordan Davis please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I honestly don't think anyone has a true clue of what any team is doing. Typically there seemed to be some consensus via the mocks within a +/- range of 5, this year there's 20-30 range difference between some of these players. I think the Steelers WANT to draft a QB in the first round; however, I really don't think that they are. Even after watching the Tomlin/Colbert presser today makes me think the Steelers aren't going to draft a QB. I think either Kyle Hamilton or Jordan Davis is going to slide into their realm of possibility; and if not, they're going to trade back.

• Like Like x 2