1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Edmunds probably coming back on the cheap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Mar 24, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Which We know doesn't always happen.....on this team, or other teams....if they have a big investment in a player....He will get the most opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It directly followed my post, so it was a fair question.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He will get them

If he sucks it’s not promised

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Of course He will....He's (Trubisky) the Highest paid Qb....so most investment....unless they move up ,and draft a Qb

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If he sucks and Mason doesn’t, Mason will start

All things equal yeah

He won’t suck

Mason won’t be better

Go Yinz Stiller’s n’ at

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Like Ben last year

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like T. Edmunds has been his whole time Here....until now.
    Of course like Ben. Keep talking, and You maybe wishing for old , slow, and wore out Ben back. LoL.
    If Trubisky does like He did in Chicago. (I just pray He doesn't)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m optimistic that Trubisky will be better playing in a system that suits him. I don’t expect him to turn into Josh Allen and account for 40+ TDs, but I think he could be a mid tier QB and help us get to double digit wins. Just let him be him, and don’t try to force him into a system that plays away from his athleticism.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why? Trubisky had like 5 teams wanting to sign him this offseason, why not make it a promise that the team he was going to had to promise him they would not take a QB in round 1?

He signed immediately after Free Agency opened, so it doesn't seem to crazy that this would have been something the Steelers promised him when they agreed on his contract.

This is completely different than having to compete with the 2 guys that are already there. If your team drafts a QB in round 1, you are guaranteed not to have a future career with that team. Nobody drafts a QB in the 1st round to be a career back-up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nobody is promised a chance to do anything but compete

Too many things can happen and you will put the best players with a chance to win on the field

Nothing more nothing less

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Except the Packers. In fact they moved up.to gat a career back up. Lmao

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    But Tomlin promised him playing time.

13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This better be as a back up. At the very least we better have a legit rookie challenging him for the starting position. Need proof of how bad he actually was last two seasons...just look at the contract he just signed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Even if the Steelers took a QB in round 1, Trubisky would still be the starter for 2022. I'm sure they gave him the nod that the starting QB job is his to lose, but they have to say competition due to not wanting to ostracize Rudolph.

15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I doubt its as back up unless we go SS in round 1. Even if we take a mid round guy, I'm sure the starting SS role is still up for grabs. Terrell Edmunds is a solid enough player to have, and would likely excel at a dime backer role. However, if we can upgrade the position in the draft we should.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t believe he promised JH playing time either

But the internet said so

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wanting to see what these defensive coaches can do with these guys now that butler's stale defense is gone. :cool:

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Brisker does not fit? Interesting. Outside of Kyle Hamilton, Brisker to me is about as Pro Ready as one will get. Granted, he is not the only one; Bryan Cook, Jalen Pitre and Daxton Hill being the others.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, Brisker fits us well. What I had said was that signing Edmunds let’s us get a safety in the draft who isn’t ready to start day 1. Brisker doesn’t fit that statement because he is pro ready. If we can get Brisker, terrific. However retaining Edmunds for another year takes the pressure off of us to get a day 1 starting safety in the draft. I feel pretty sure that the only way we get Brisker is to take him with our first pick. I expect him to go somewhere between pick 25-40. Again, he fits us great, but by retaining Edmunds we don’t have to get a day 1 starter. That was the point.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ahh... misread that. My mistake.

Nick Cross or Joey Blount then would be my next two options. That said, of the two, Nick Cross please. He is 20 now but will be 21 on September 10th. Very, very athletic and very promising in terms of his skillset overall.

Having Cross sit behind the likes of Edmunds would benefit Cross greatly as he will be better suited to play the SS position given his penchant for delivering big hits; his speed being a good bonus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    All someone needs to do is watch the first play of the YouTube play by play of Cross vs. Illinois to see him cover downfield in a way that Edmunds never has and never will.

• Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

cross has very good play recognition is the thing that stands out to me. hill has that as well and is better then brisker in coverage. hill and cross i like better than brisker. not that he's bad don't get me wrong but just a tick behind these two. pitre has a good overall game as well. verone mckinley may be another name that comes up later. kind of the forgotten guy. i do think they like cook though. his speed scares me though. much like hamilton. i think it could be exposed more in the pro's then it was in college. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure that is true. It depends which quarterback they drafted. If it was Pickett, I could see him pushing for the job as a rookie. If it was Willis, that is another matter entirely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think what colbert see's in howell is a guy that doesn't do anything great but does it all good. he's not the flashy pick. :cool:

25. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Steelers resigned Edmunds and it looks like 2.5 million for a 1 year deal. I heard a rumor that the Bengals and Miami were wanting him but he signed with the Steelers instead.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard a radio show that the Bengals and Dolphins both offered him basically the same thing. Being regulated to mainly special teams and back up duty. I imagine the money was probably vet minimum as supposedly both teams offered multiyear contracts rather than the 1 year deal the Steelers gave him.

I'm hoping someone has a better source rather than rumors on an amateur radio/podcast show. I think it helps the Steelers out but could they have done it for less money?