1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What doe the different color envelope icon backgrounds mean?

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I've looked through the FAQ for the new board but couldn't find any info on this. With the new board, each post has an envelope on the right with either a grey, red, or blue background. I assume that these stand for something like "hot topic" or something. Is there a place in the FAQ that I'm overlooking that explains all of the different icons and colors that go with them?

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Right at the bottom of the forum page, there's an "icon legend" which gives info on those. I thought about making a sticky breaking those down, but I intend to change them in the near future when time permits.

Here's a rundown:

[​IMG] Contains posts that you haven't read.

[​IMG] Doesn't contain posts that you haven't read.

[​IMG] A "hot topic" that contains posts you haven't read. Hot being determined by number of replies/views.

[​IMG] A "hot topic" that doesn't contain posts you haven't read.

[​IMG]
    Worth noting- the green arrow indicates you've replied to this thread. Hovering over it will tell you how many times. Clicking the blue circle/white arrow will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    That's what I get for looking way too hard in completely the wrong place :oops:

Thanks for the clarifications and pointing me in the right direction. What was confusing me was the fact the the the "hot topic" read/unread are both red like you would expect, but I assumed that being different colors, the blue and grey icons were two completely different classifications rather than the read/unread of normal posts.