1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade for Kyler Murray?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    yeah I know. I guess I get tired of all these speculative threads when the Steelers have shown they have zero interest

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope ... we have enough headaches already to worry about ...on this team. Don't add more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Just to take your thoughts seriously for a second. The big issue with teams going after these guys is going to be the very soon immediate huge contract hit. Murray has not really done squat and wants a huge payday possibly thinking he is equal to being the highest paid QB in the league. If you had all the pieces in place Iike Denver then you might take the plunge. They have a narrow window and it might work. Some have suggested we can move more of TJs money down the road and sign a guy like this. But that move and the loss of picks will ultimately cost you big time in the not to distant.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Depending on the price, yes. Kyler Murray is a top 10 QB and is young. Getting him here would be huge. I just wouldn't trade 3 Firsts for him. If the price is 2 firsts then signing him to a 35 million a year deal, then yes. I'm in. But I'm not sure that gets it done.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    His 5th yr option is worth $30 million next year. So with his bonus he would already be at $20 for next 2 years. Likely looking for north of $35 million, $100+ million guaranteed

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    If two first round picks were the price, I’d rather we wait a year and move position in the draft next year and select a prospect.

Although the patient approach might frustrate a lot of the fan base, it’s also the reason why we’re historically consistent and not another chop and change franchise who push all in any time something hyped arrives on the scene.

Kyler is talented but he doesn’t shout long term franchise QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Let’s hold our nerve, stick to the process and wait until our guy arrives!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't give him 40 million or more a year, he has faded down the stretch the last two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He's under contract for two more seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He has played three years, and now he wants a new contract, the Cardinals should tell him to just deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Exactly. My point was there were those posters stating those things lol.

The recent thing that landed on my FB feed from that site (im.not even signed up for it), was...get this...the Cowboys are the favored landing place for Murray. I'm convinced no human is writing this crap. Just bot generated and sent for the revenue

• Like Like x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    Sorry. How many Top 10 Qbs are there . 30. Not saying You, but every time I turn around someone is saying.....So, and So is a Top 10 Qb. That means 10.....not 25 as I've seen people throwing out. LoL.
    Again....this is really not at You SGSTEELER. Your comment just reminded Me of it.:thumbs_up:

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    NAY!

• Like Like x 1
  14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    True lol its something that gets thrown around a lot. I kinda see it in tiers. Number to number is pretty subjective, but you have distinct tiers imo. I see Murray as a top 10 guy, but probably 9th or 10th. I could buy an argument that he is 11th, but 9-11 is a "top 10" guy to me. I'm gonna refrain from putting Watson in there right now. Its gonna take a year (or partial year) of him playing for me to re-rate his game. Before he had everything hit the fan, I would've had him in the "High End" tier, but a whole year off of football and the mental/emotional roller coaster of it all might've taken a toll on his game. Reading through this list really shows how many good QB's there are in the game right now. When dudes like Murray, Prescott, and Carr are either barely top 10 or outside of it... that really shows the depth of the position. Also seeing 7 guys under 27 in the top 14 is crazy. Lots of good young talent out there.

ELITE - Best of the best
    1. Mahomes
    2. Rodgers
    3. Brady
    4. Allen

HIGH END - Not quite elite, but are right there. Excellent starting QB's
    5. Herbert
    6. Stafford
    7. Wilson
    8. Burrow

REALLY GOOD STARTERS - Not super close to elite, but far above average. Any team would love to have them.
    9. Jackson
    10. Murray
    11. Prescott
    12. Carr
    13. Cousins
    14. Jones

AVERAGE STARTERS - These guys are average starters. Nothing special, but wont be the reason your team loses/is bad.
    15. Tannehill
    16. Garroppolo
    17. Hurts
    18. Ryan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Pretty dang good list. I only see one in the top 10 I would take out, and exchange with someone else. :thumbs_up:

16. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017

Agree with this. A rusty Watson slides into that high end category without doubt, imo.

Not sure Mac Jones deserves (yet) to be tiered above Tannehill though, or even Jimmy G seeing as he contributed to a super bowl run. I’d love to pretend that it ends up a failed project for the Pats but he’s trending towards another reliable game manager for Bill, unfortunately.

If Burrow stays healthy, he will join that Elite group before long. I hate that I’m jealous of the damn Bengals for having him! :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  17. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    No !!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Oh man, whoever could you mean? LMAO

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Its looking like Rodgers and Brady will likely be replaced by Burrow and Herbert in that Elite group based on how their first few seasons have gone. Still a ways to go, but both of them look like they could end up there. Would certainly suck to have all the Elite QB's in the AFC, but that's how it goes. I can easily agree to a scenario where Jones is in the same tier as Tannehill and Jimmy G at this moment in time. I think they all fill the same role right now (don't lose the game for us). All are game managers (good ones) but Tannehill and Jimmy G have reached their peak, while I think Jones has some room to grow. That's the main reason I put him slightly ahead. Of course this tier list is a sliding scale from year to year, but this is how I see it at the moment. Lots of QB's changing teams at the moment, so I think the post 2022 list will have some movement in it for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Based on the Watson trade... not interested

I think Watson is the better QB... or at least was the last time we saw him. There was a leverage with Watson.. there is none with Murray... so I'm guessing 3#1s plus. And 46.5 a year .....

Hack

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No thanks. As others have pointed out the Cards will want too much in terms of draft capital and then you’ll have to pay him a near top of the market contract, hampering your ability to put a team around him in the future.

He is good but I dont think he is special enough to warrant that kind of move, and there has to be some questions over his durability now as well given how he has faded the past few seasons.

He might make sense for teams like Philadelphia, Seattle or Detroit who have lots of draft picks in the coming years but even if I was them I’d be cautious about what I’d give up. He is not an elite QB that will put you in the race every year regardless of what’s around him

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would not, like all running QB's there will always be a LB or SS waiting to end their career. Plus his physical size make him even less attractive to see over 6 foot 5'' OL.

• Like Like x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Seriously does anyone not know the value of having that guy at that position? Nfl teams give up 3 first-round picks for guys who never played a down but a guy who's a proven at worst top ten qb is not worth that? The only problem I have is his questionable leadership that was reported and how he's handled this contract situation. Talent wise he's definitely worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    But does it not bring a sense of pride that the Steelers are always the top landing spot for those 30 top 10 QBs?

• Like Like x 2
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No way, no how, no dice! Would not give up ONE first round pick for Murray, much less TWO! :nono:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1